The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Proper pve dps?

scionix90
scionix90
✭✭✭
So I’m cp 355 and hitting start to finish 29k dps. I’m a stamblade btw. I wear relequen divines on body with AY jewelry (infused and bloodthirsty) and gold weapons (nirn and infused) I’m also a redgaurd. I also don’t use weapon pots cause they can be pricey..so yeah lol. As far as vet trials go I’ve ran vet hrc and vet AA and seemed to do fairly well. So I’m basically asking if this is enough dps for the vet trials? Btw I’m sure I do more with trial buffs and weapon potions. I e heard some ppl say at cp 355 I should be doing 40k but I’ve never seen anyone do that or when I ask for proof it can never be provided. I have my weaving and animation canceling very smooth (tons of practice) so anyway I’m asking if for MY lvl if I’m doing a decent amount of dmg? I hear many ppl say many different things (basically either yes or no) and I’ve been by my guildmaster ppl that say I should be doing 40k are just elitist trolls..So now I’ve decided to ask the forums! Thanks guys.
Edited by scionix90 on June 30, 2018 1:59PM
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What exactly is your point?
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Darkdex
    Darkdex
    ✭✭✭
    First: are you looking for help? I mean, you just said the DPS you have and then what? Help for what?

Second: If you're asking for help yo improve your DPS (that's what I suppose) you really shouldn't assume "elitist trolls" will tell you to reach 40k at that little CP, please be more polite.
  • Faffox
    Faffox
    Isn't that DPS good for 355 CP? AFIK it will improve once you reach 750. I'm not CP750 either so I can't tell.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    scionix90 wrote: »
    I also don’t use weapon pots cause they can be pricey..so yeah lol

Well if you don't have a source of major brutality and major savagery in your tests, you're going to see low dps...

Other than that just not enough info to suggest anything.
  • scionix90
    scionix90
    ✭✭✭
    Did I reword it wrong? I thought it was clear I’m asking if that’s good for my level? If not I apologize. I’m running vets and wanna make sure I’m pulling my weight in dps.
  • scionix90
    scionix90
    ✭✭✭

Well if you don't have a source of major brutality and major savagery in your tests, you're going to see low dps...

How it it not enough info? I stated how much dps I pull in a parse without potions which is 28.5k so obviously it would be higher if I used them in parses. All I’m asking is if that is decent dps for co 355. That’s all.

• scionix90
    scionix90
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of people say for non leaderboard runs that 25k is enough for vet trials as long as you can follow directions. So I just wanna make sure that’s correct. There are a few ppl who say at my lvl I should be pulling 40k like them. But when I ask for proof or how they do it they never reply. I wear relearn on body and AY weapons and jewelry with infused and bloodthirsty.
  • scionix90
    scionix90
    ✭✭✭
    Relequen* all divines.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    25-30k is fine for Craglorn Trials and vet dungeons. Obviously content gets easier with more DPS.

And despite your admonition, yes, you could be hitting 40k+ DPS at your CP level. Weapon Power pots will make a very large difference. Do you have a Maelstrom bow? How many Spectral Bow procs are you getting during your parse? What are you doing during execute?

I'm sure if you posted a video of your rotation, people would be happy to offer some tips.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How it it not enough info? I stated how much dps I pull in a parse without potions which is 28.5k so obviously it would be higher if I used them in parses. All I’m asking is if that is decent dps for co 355. That’s all.

Well first off you didn't ask any specific question in the OP, so how are we supposed to know that all you're asking is if 28.5k is decent for your level?

It wasn't enough info in the sense that we know you're a cp355 stamblade who doesn't use potions... so what sets are you using? What mundus? What does your bar allocation look like? What did you do the dps parse on? Were you solo or was someone giving you buffs?

The OP was vague enough that a lot of people thought you were looking for suggestions on how to improve, thus "not enough info to suggest anything".
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also what content do you want to run? 28.5k is fine for most content, if you plan to join a vet trial core group though please learn to dps better.
  • scionix90
    scionix90
    ✭✭✭

Well first off you didn't ask any specific question in the OP, so how are we supposed to know that all you're asking is if 28.5k is decent for your level?

It wasn't enough info in the sense that we know you're a cp355 stamblade who doesn't use potions... so what sets are you using? What mundus? What does your bar allocation look like? What did you do the dps parse on? Were you solo or was someone giving you buffs?

The OP was vague enough that a lot of people thought you were looking for suggestions on how to improve, thus "not enough info to suggest anything".

I told what class I was, what CP, then corrected and said my sets as well. I simply asked if the amount of dps I was doing was at least decent for my level. If you need every single little detail to make a decision then I’m sorry I didn’t post all that.
  • scionix90
    scionix90
    ✭✭✭

Runefang wrote: »
    Also what content do you want to run? 28.5k is fine for most content, if you plan to join a vet trial core group though please learn to dps better.

So I’m just wondering but when u say to dps “better” are you saying basically learn to play better? I’ve been told at my lvl for a stamblade cp 355 that doing a 29k dps parse on a dummy is where I should be at. And it obviously will increase as I level up. I don’t know anyone that can pull 40k dps on a dummy at my level and I’ve had ppl say they can but when I ask for a clip or video they say no. But anyways are you saying I need to become a better player over all? Or just become a higher lvl to do more dmg?
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hitting damage like that at your CP....you sir are way far ahead of the curve. I suspect you’ll probably get super bored of this game and move on to fortnite where many other greats have retired to.
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I reword it wrong?. I’m running vets and wanna make sure I’m pulling my weight in dps.

Install Combat Metrics add-on

Look at your % of group damage - That will give you an indication of 'weight pulling'

If you assume Tank+Healer do 10% combined then the 2 DPS in a 4 man group need to do 90%

45% and over , your doing fine

Dummy parses and Vet dungeons, with targets that move and fight back, are 2 different things entirely.

Edited by molecule on June 30, 2018 2:16PM
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    molecule wrote: »
    Did I reword it wrong?. I’m running vets and wanna make sure I’m pulling my weight in dps.

Install Combat Metrics add-on

Look at your % of group damage - That will give you an indication of 'weight pulling'

If you assume Tank+Healer do 10% combined then the 2 DPS in a 4 man group need to do 90%

45% and over , your doing fine

Dummy parses and Vet dungeons, with targets that move and fight back, are 2 different things entirely.

What this guy said. I parsed 9k at the end of Vet CoH2 last night. I did 63% of the damage done. Simulation and Reality often do not line up with each other lol

Edit*
    Also sometimes you'll get a tank or a healer that's half dps built and that'll skew things a bit as well.
    Edited by Khivas_Carrick on June 30, 2018 2:31PM
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using poisons on your bow? That + power pots will put you at 35k +/-, if you were max CP it would put you around 38-40k, but at max CP you are able to hit 50k on NB, especially with bloodthirsthy.

You are probably making small mistakes, and those cost a lot on a NB parse. I recommend this video from Gilliamtherogue. Making one mistake can mean one or two less spectral bows on that parse and it will lower your results by a substantial amount. It would be easier to help if you posted a video of your parse, or a image of your combat metrics parse.

EDIT: Also one thing to remember is that Infused only beats Robust when it's golded out. If you don't have gold AY, robust will be better.
    Edited by Nevasca on June 30, 2018 2:42PM
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    19k is the benchmark for completion of all content.

You are above the benchmark.

You are fine.

Go fight world bosses for a better take on your actual DPS, Test Dummy isn't a realistic view of what you can do.
    Edited by Vajrak on June 30, 2018 3:12PM
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    @scionix90
    So just out of curiosity I went into the pts since my stamblade doesn't have ideal relequen or gold briarheart... But with 0 blue CP distributed and only 100 green cp distributed for the 20% stamina, I got 33k. That is with using "expensive" pots, which seriously you should be using because they add at least 3-5k dps...

2qmnbc6.png

Then, I did a test with 118 blue CP distributed, and I got 41k on a 3 mil, but the fight was shorter so I switched to a robust dummy... Got 43.8k.

24lo591.png

So yes, 40k+ at CP 355 is 100% doable, which honestly I was skeptical about too so I decided to test it myself. Obviously this is with 100% best gear for a khajiit stamblade (at least from all of my testing). I am using the set's and traits listed in the image below. The only thing missing in this build picture is the absorb stamina enchant on my mael bow is actually the double crafted poisons. (made with nirnroot, nightshade, fleshfly larvae)

2le71ih.png

and finally, a really crappy parse for a 6M dummy with my full CP distribution..

2dv0pyb.png

I am by no means the best NB, nor do I claim my rotation or set of gear is the best except for my playstyle. I play a static, 15 second 2 spectral bow rotation so that I do not have to think too much about it. I know it can be better if I made it dynamic, but I am extremely happy with where I am at.

These were all entirely solo on the pts. My live character is still gathering relequen and briar jewelry. I also chose briar since I am a khajiit and already gain the crit that say, AY would provide. I'm also using the lover stone because its pretty much mandatory for stam now.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, and if you want a video or in-game help and you are on PC/NA I can show you what I do.

Edit: if you look at the constellations tab, you can see my CP distribution for 118 blue CP if you are curious what I used on the 43.8k parse.

Edit 2: just noticed MYBuild doesnt show traits on jewelry... my neck is infused ( the one with the recovery glyph) and rings are bloodthirsty.
    Edited by WatchYourSixx on June 30, 2018 3:24PM
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • scionix90
    scionix90
    ✭✭✭
    @WatchYourSixx I do use the weapon pots all the time in trials and once in a blue moon for practice dummy parses.
  • scionix90
    scionix90
    ✭✭✭
    @scionix90
    So just out of curiosity I went into the pts since my stamblade doesn't have ideal relequen or gold briarheart... But with 0 blue CP distributed and only 100 green cp distributed for the 20% stamina, I got 33k. That is with using "expensive" pots, which seriously you should be using because they add at least 3-5k dps...

2qmnbc6.png

Then, I did a test with 118 blue CP distributed, and I got 41k on a 3 mil, but the fight was shorter so I switched to a robust dummy... Got 43.8k.

24lo591.png

So yes, 40k+ at CP 355 is 100% doable, which honestly I was skeptical about too so I decided to test it myself. Obviously this is with 100% best gear for a khajiit stamblade (at least from all of my testing). I am using the set's and traits listed in the image below. The only thing missing in this build picture is the absorb stamina enchant on my mael bow is actually the double crafted poisons. (made with nirnroot, nightshade, fleshfly larvae)

2le71ih.png

and finally, a really crappy parse for a 6M dummy with my full CP distribution..

2dv0pyb.png

I am by no means the best NB, nor do I claim my rotation or set of gear is the best except for my playstyle. I play a static, 15 second 2 spectral bow rotation so that I do not have to think too much about it. I know it can be better if I made it dynamic, but I am extremely happy with where I am at.

These were all entirely solo on the pts. My live character is still gathering relequen and briar jewelry. I also chose briar since I am a khajiit and already gain the crit that say, AY would provide. I'm also using the lover stone because its pretty much mandatory for stam now.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, and if you want a video or in-game help and you are on PC/NA I can show you what I do.

Edit: if you look at the constellations tab, you can see my CP distribution for 118 blue CP if you are curious what I used on the 43.8k parse.

Edit 2: just noticed MYBuild doesnt show traits on jewelry... my neck is infused ( the one with the recovery glyph) and rings are bloodthirsty.

So let’s just say on a regular humanoid dummy you can hit over 40k at co 350? I myself have all relequen body in divines and AY jewelry with 2 infused and 1 bloodthirsty. My weapons (dag & axe) are nirnhoned and infused & gilded) and I like to think I have my cp points distributed in a good way and rotation is pretty solid as well as my aim canceling. I honestly have no idea what I could do to make it higher. I’m not bragging by any means but I’ve done ALOT of research, picked a lot of brains, and have practiced a lot. Which in turn leads me to becoming a better player (at least I like to think). I did a dummy parse on a regular humanoid withweapon pots and I was able to do close to 32k dps, now with everything that I use I have no idea what I could do to increase that my numbers aside from leveling up. And if you say you hit over 40k I have no reason to think your lying and I’m sure it’s hard to reach. And your being humble about it unlike elitist jerks who say that everyone at my lvl should be hitting 40k and if they aren’t then they are scrubs.
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's the elitist mentality for ya. I personally think anyone CAN do 40k+ but by no means is it something easy. There are so many factors that can impact your dps it's crazy. What I showed was with the best possible gear I could get for my khajiit since I was in the pts and could make it whatever I want.. however doing the same test with purple gear only changed it by 2k ~ dps.

I can try my best to help, and if you aren't on PC NA then feel free to PM me here and we can go through details so I can help you best. And again I'm in no way the best, nor is what I do the best, but it works for me and I am very happy with it. My static rotation takes very little to think about once you know it, and only having 2 bow procs means missing a light attack here and there won't hurt the rotation, especially on the backbar.

I'm using blue food, but an infused recovery glyph so I never have to heavy attack in my rotations. If I get shards consistently I can change my glyph to damage instead.

Also if you would like a video of my dps test I can take one later.

The point of my post was a proof of concept to prove those people are right, as I even said I was skeptical. If all you are pulling is 32k on a 3M dummy though I can guarantee there is SOMETHING that you can do to improve your dps, and if you're willing to learn I'm willing to help!
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • scionix90
    scionix90
    ✭✭✭
    That's the elitist mentality for ya. I personally think anyone CAN do 40k+ but by no means is it something easy. There are so many factors that can impact your dps it's crazy. What I showed was with the best possible gear I could get for my khajiit since I was in the pts and could make it whatever I want.. however doing the same test with purple gear only changed it by 2k ~ dps.

I can try my best to help, and if you aren't on PC NA then feel free to PM me here and we can go through details so I can help you best. And again I'm in no way the best, nor is what I do the best, but it works for me and I am very happy with it. My static rotation takes very little to think about once you know it, and only having 2 bow procs means missing a light attack here and there won't hurt the rotation, especially on the backbar.

I'm using blue food, but an infused recovery glyph so I never have to heavy attack in my rotations. If I get shards consistently I can change my glyph to damage instead.

Also if you would like a video of my dps test I can take one later.

The point of my post was a proof of concept to prove those people are right, as I even said I was skeptical. If all you are pulling is 32k on a 3M dummy though I can guarantee there is SOMETHING that you can do to improve your dps, and if you're willing to learn I'm willing to help!

Btw I wasn’t downing you or anything, but I’m on xb1 NA server, I’m gonna shoot you a mssg.