The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What does a stam dk offer?

D0ntevenL1ft
D0ntevenL1ft
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously tho, for small scale pvp, solo pvp, any pve (besides tank).

As a lifetime stam DK coming back from over a year ago this class now seems out done by every other
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Full DoT for dueling and solo pvp is really strong.
    2h dizzy swing is always fun, but useless against good players!
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Own wrote: »

Dot IF you have master weapons. Not this sad DK
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As a lifetime stam DK coming back from over a year ago this class now seems out done by every other

Nothing, nothing, mediocre dps

Don't waste your time with stamdk at this point.
    There is nothing you can do better than others but there's much they can.
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

It sad that its basically unplayable.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can still play it but you have to know that in any situation you can imagine almost any class is better suited for this situation
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Own wrote: »

Dot IF you have master weapons. Not this sad DK

It's true. Funny how blantantly it shows masters d/w is overpowered in PvP.

It's only powerful at DoT as far as PvP goes. Classes like stamblade and magsorc feel very unique because they have a massive amount of big hitting, spammable class ablilities that synergize really well and make them very different from other classes.

StamDK and Stamsorc got left behind in unique offensive capabilities, other than DoT builds maybe. Flurry is kinda boring and meh as a spammable. Dizzying swing is too slow. Imbune works, but it's not reliable enough against dodge roll/cloak spamming. It feels like you're just running around, casting imbune, and getting nothing from it but wasting your time.

@ZOS_CoriJ
    Edited by Own on June 27, 2018 7:32PM
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong. Templars are worse.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Someone in a guild I'm in posted a 73k parse with their stamDK on Varlariel recently. They're still great DPS.

All that needs to happen is for ZOS' trial designers to understand the difference between how stamina and magicka builds play, and stop designing trials that heavily incentivize magicka playstyles.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »

Wrong. Templars are worse.

Not my point; appreciate your input though.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Someone in a guild I'm in posted a 73k parse with their stamDK on Varlariel recently. They're still great DPS.

All that needs to happen is for ZOS' trial designers to understand the difference between how stamina and magicka builds play, and stop designing trials that heavily incentivize magicka playstyles.

I believe the op was reffering to pvp.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Part of the post says "any PVE (besides tank)".
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Part of the post says "any PVE (besides tank)".

Man im out of it today.... oops
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not the strongest combo in PvP anymore, but Dizzing Swing into Leap is still the most satisfying play in the game. If I were to play StamDK again, it would honestly just be for the primal joy of that combo.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvP, not much. Discount stamden. Still good in duels, but mainly from defile/dot stacking.

PvE, still good, easier rotation, high damage. Pretty solid.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not the strongest combo in PvP anymore, but Dizzing Swing into Leap is still the most satisfying play in the game. If I were to play StamDK again, it would honestly just be for the primal joy of that combo.

That combo was/is the main reason i enjoy this class its too satisfying
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And it's useless against any decent player atm.

You can't kill a decent sorc with that combo at this time, stamdk can't just go full nuts and put everything into damage those times are gone since morrowind and helping hand, adrenaline rush and battle roar scaling removals.

Hitting a stamnb with a Dizzying Swing means either the nb is afk or you heavily outplayed that dude yet it won't be enough to kill the nb and you can bet that your leap will miss, be dodged, cloaked, outrun or streaked than you can actually hit it.
    If you want an burst ultimate on your stamdk in the current patch, use dawnbreaker and spare yourself the pain with leap, it's outclassed at this point.

DB gives you a bit less burst damage and has a slightly higher cost but it gives you:

More resources via battle spirit, more weapon damage rather than 5% health regen (like who cares about 5% health regen), actually more burst vs vamps, the option to kill a nb with low health that is cloaking and an ultimate that doesn't miss more often than not and that doesn't feat a obnoxious travel time that works as an invite for good players to counter it.

Also a good player will just walk through you everytime you try to hit him with dizzying or he'll just block it.
    The thing that comes close to a burst combo is this:
    La + FoO proc + dizzying swing into a LA+ leap with the last venemous claw tick.

Here comes the bad news, FoO only hits every 5 seconds and doesn't do much damage on an other player unless you play a magdk, as mentioned dizzying is unreliable and the damage on a typical stamdk will be around the same a nb will have with Suprise attack, even the last venemous claw dot hit deals less damage than a passively procced bleed by 2h or DW.

And if we want to make good use of non class damage then why bother with stamdk at all that doesn't bring much to the table to begin with?

In the end it just comes down to:
    You can use it on a stamdk but why would you, it will perform better on any other class.
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And it's useless against any decent player atm.

You can't kill a decent sorc with that combo at this time, stamdk can't just go full nuts and put everything into damage those times are gone since morrowind and helping hand, adrenaline rush and battle roar scaling removals.

Hitting a stamnb with a Dizzying Swing means either the nb is afk or you heavily outplayed that dude yet it won't be enough to kill the nb and you can bet that your leap will miss, be dodged, cloaked, outrun or streaked than you can actually hit it.
    If you want an burst ultimate on your stamdk in the current patch, use dawnbreaker and spare yourself the pain with leap, it's outclassed at this point.

DB gives you a bit less burst damage and has a slightly higher cost but it gives you:

More resources via battle spirit, more weapon damage rather than 5% health regen (like who cares about 5% health regen), actually more burst vs vamps, the option to kill a nb with low health that is cloaking and an ultimate that doesn't miss more often than not and that doesn't feat a obnoxious travel time that works as an invite for good players to counter it.

Also a good player will just walk through you everytime you try to hit him with dizzying or he'll just block it.
    The thing that comes close to a burst combo is this:
    La + FoO proc + dizzying swing into a LA+ leap with the last venemous claw tick.

Here comes the bad news, FoO only hits every 5 seconds and doesn't do much damage on an other player unless you play a magdk, as mentioned dizzying is unreliable and the damage on a typical stamdk will be around the same a nb will have with Suprise attack, even the last venemous claw dot hit deals less damage than a passively procced bleed by 2h or DW.

And if we want to make good use of non class damage then why bother with stamdk at all that doesn't bring much to the table to begin with?

In the end it just comes down to:
    You can use it on a stamdk but why would you, it will perform better on any other class.

Agree x10000
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Today I had a leap canceled by rune cage. A leap outwalked by a snared blocking magplar, and a leap cloaked. :/
    Edited by ak_pvp on June 28, 2018 5:35AM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Today I had a leap canceled by rune cage. A leap outwalked by a snared blocking magplar, and a leap cloaked. :/

Nothing beats a leap that doesn't do damage even though the target isn't moving...
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing beats a leap that doesn't do damage even though the target isn't moving...

All this garbage and i still log into my Stam DK daily. Someone help.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Play a different class, that's all i can say.
    the game becomes so much more fun once you have a class that is actually viable/good
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Play a different class, that's all i can say.
    the game becomes so much more fun once you have a class that is actually viable/good

I can 1vx on my PVE magsorc better already -.-