The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Good Class for Solo BG que?

Cyngar
Cyngar
I decided to post here to see if I could get some answers. I'm brand new to the game, 2 weeks playing and currently I have a lvl (cp60) Stam Warden that I enjoy. I have a lot to learn about the game in general as well as PvP and I mostly have been doing PVE with some BGs.

I have some questions regarding PvP. While Cyrodiil is cool, I have done it a handful of times and I just don't get it or like at this point. Seems to take forever to get anywhere and get into fights. Then we get stomped back and go somewhere else etc.

So I do like the BG structure better and mostly Solo Que since I have no friends playing and haven't really looked into guilds yet.

What class for solo play seems to excel in BGs the most in terms of DPS/annoying to kill etc?

In BGs does CP count or how is that calculated for stats?

Is there builds for classes specific to BGs? It seems like every build I see is more for Cyrodiil.

ANy tips for BGs or info would be appreciated.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Battlegrounds are no-CP, so you're all set there. Make sure you have very current gear (meaning never go more than 10 CP under your actual level, better less, up to the gear cap of 160 cp), BGs are brutal.

Also even if you solo queue, you have to work as a team with your 3 groupmembers otherwise you're lost.

You can do a bit of killing by using a gankblade build, but doing your own thing WILL make you lose the round, especially as a starting player with little experience.

Some game modes are better suited to solo shenanigans, like capture the relic, where a tanky, mobile player can do the capturing while the others defend, but this needs to be coordinated as well. Stam warden is actually quite good for this with bird of prey and rapid maneuvre and possibly forward momentum, going for sustain and resist equipment, but you're pidgeonholed to this with a build like that.

Best advice I can give is to jump in and get a bit of experience. That will give you a much better understanding to then decide on class and build for a dedicated BG char.
    Edited by Leandor on June 27, 2018 3:06PM
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a BG beginner myself, went in there a couple of times with a stamDK, MagSorc, MagBlade, StamBlade and StamSorc and for me its the StamSorc. Cant really tell you why but i had the best experience using him, if its really the best class depends on your playstyle. i am mostly a stam player so magicka toons are always harder for me...Try a few and decide for yourself.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam nightblade and nothing else is even close.

If you’re solo, invisibility is really really strong.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can probably do well with you warden just get to cp 160 and upgrade to max level gear
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Zoal_AUG
    Zoal_AUG
    ✭✭✭
    Sloads answers it all.
    Without joke what i see lately is that sorcs are very strong both stam and mag so if you are willing to go low enough to play a sorc just to be op, go ahead.
    Apart from that maybe a templar can be useful in any group thanks to purify, magblades perform pretty well in my opinion but its rly hard to judge since usually those win who are in premade regardless to your class/skill.