Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is the new skill line worth leveling up on a magsorc??

aaron_campion
aaron_campion
✭✭✭
Title says it all
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did. It only took a few hours of horse simulator. But, I haven’t allocated any skill points yet since I use an Asylum Staff/Crushing Shock.
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I love it on my magsorc.
    Swapped out force pulse for the magicka imbue weapons (which applies one of the three status effects), alongside the spell orb passive that works very similar to Nightblade merciless proc it looks cool and is a slight dps bump.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. None of the skills seem worth it for magsorc.

Also Elemental weapon never seems to do anywhere near the damage it says on the tooltip.

If you swap out force pulse for elemental weapon as it does magic damage, you lose the flame damage element so burning spellweave and ilambris proc less often
  • blunned
    blunned
    ✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    No. None of the skills seem worth it for magsorc.

Also Elemental weapon never seems to do anywhere near the damage it says on the tooltip.

If you swap out force pulse for elemental weapon as it does magic damage, you lose the flame damage element so burning spellweave and ilambris proc less often

You are discounting the improvement in sustain from using elemental weapon over force pulse and that many magsorc may not be using BSW (ie pet magsorc). The highest current magsorc dps parse I can find on YouTube right now uses elemental weapon (46k).