The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

-Min/Maxing and your success/failure?

generalmyrick
generalmyrick
✭✭✭✭✭
What the opposite of min/maxing called?

and have you had much success with it?
"The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shotgunning. More fails than anything
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having fun. And I had success with that :3
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    Having fun. And I had success with that :3

my first 3 attempts 2 are wildly successful.

what did you build @Elwendryll ?
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a lot of various builds during the last 3 years. I play a Khajiit Stamsorc, this is my first and main character. I played him as a magicka DD, then as a tank, then as a stamina DD, then as a healer, (all of that to level up the weapon skill lines one after an other) then back to stamina DD, and occasionally Tank.
    Anyway, playing Khajiit is already not mean/maxing by itself, nowadays, redguard is recommended for any stamina build.

For pvp, I played with Spriggan+Ravager+Selene, like, a year ago, it had success, I also played other builds I don't remember before that, both magicka and stamina, DD or tank. I'm currently farming for Bone Pirate + Armor Master + Bloodspawn.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...i looked at the bonuses you get from a dark elf and night blade- thats what i was theory crafting.

And trial by fire and orghums scales were popped out of this calculator i built. So i crafted it and took it to imperial city.

It was really successful. It was weird and performed way above expectations.
    Edited by generalmyrick on June 27, 2018 2:32PM

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Playing with some reality and perspective.

Getting to 95% of the theoretical maximum with gear is just as effective in the game as BIS Meta. This opens up so many more build choices and approaches to content.

Sure a flawless rotation, perfect gear and optimal race/build choice can get you to the top of the trials leaderboards. But, most content is not a trial and more people run for fun than standing.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Playing with some reality and perspective.

Getting to 95% of the theoretical maximum with gear is just as effective in the game as BIS Meta. This opens up so many more build choices and approaches to content.

Sure a flawless rotation, perfect gear and optimal race/build choice can get you to the top of the trials leaderboards. But, most content is not a trial and more people run for fun than standing.

ive been playing with this idea for months and yesterday i started taking a different route when reading about the argonian being op or something.

question @Nestor you say 95% of theoretical maximum = can you explain?

if i take a shot in the dark, the min/max crowd will use like a whole set to push their dps just (just pulling a number here) 20% more, but those slots could be used to boost resistance, hp, and hp recover 20% each...is this what you mean or am i off?

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go over to the UESP and you can play around with the build editor. Hint make a login so you can save and compare builds. You will quickly learn that comparing a fully optimized character with best gear and race to something else will show a small difference in stats. Yes you can create a gimp, but it is not hard to create an effective character using easilly obtainable drop or crafted items.

Some will say you can only be effective with say gear that drops from this vet trial or that vet dungeon. When i compare that gear to what i use i only see a small difference in stats.

So will the best in slot min max allow me to kill stuff faster? Maybe. Will a rotation that is optimized for my build, not someone elses, get me there faster? Yes.

So, long story short, choose the gear from what is availible to you that suits how you like to play and create an effective rotation and you will do better than most everyone who plays this game. No need to chase the meta. Besides the Meta changes all the time. Scrambling around and QQing every 3 months is not my idea of fun.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game has 3 stats only and usually you need to put all points in one of them to be efficient.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...i looked at the bonuses you get from a dark elf and night blade- thats what i was theory crafting.

And trial by fire and orghums scales were popped out of this calculator i built. So i crafted it and took it to imperial city.

It was really successful. It was weird and performed way above expectations.

What you did here, is referred to as building / theorycrafting on mechanics and synergies. This is what Theorycrafting is all about (at least imo) and this is were 9/10 broken OP builds come from. No one ever created anything out-of-the-ordinary-broken, by just calculating wether more magicka or crit would be best.

"Min / Maxing" is only really a thing for PvE. The Min / Max concept comes from the "trinity" that is Healing / Tanking / Damage. In PvP there is no such thing, because you need everything (Tanking, Healing, Damage).

A good build, should be focused on either a Set (or multiple) or a Mechanic / Set of Passives or Synergies that you want to make the most effective.

Happy theorycrafting :)
    Edited by raasdal on June 27, 2018 6:29PM
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD