The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant Disconnects

majulook
majulook
✭✭✭✭✭
Logon select character disconnect

Logon select character play 5 minutes disconnect.

Logon select character play 15 minutes disconnect.

Logon select character play 5 minutes disconnect.

Logon select character play 10 minutes disconnect.

Logon select character play 20 minutes disconnect.

Logon select character disconnect.

It's not my internet connection as simultaneous connection to company db not affected.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm dealing with this allot as well. Started this morning. network connection looks good, im streaming video, son's playing FPS on ps4....nothing else is dropping or glitching. ping times to google servers are great, so nothing local...

its getting frustrating, as I frequently die when I DC during combat.
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    been running a few tests. seems like my issue is related to an add-on. I turn off all add-ons, no DC. one by one turned on add-ons until the DC's came back. Still tinkering to see if it's more then just one, but at the moment, MiniMap is the one that's doing it for me. Which is sad...love the add-on

It's also odd that it started this morning. I did no add-on upgrades, i did no updates or changes to my system. I don't recall that Z released any patches last night...not sure why everything would be fine yesterday, but today the addon is causing me to DC every 5-10m.

But just pointing this out Maju, in case your using add-ons, you may want to try disabling them to see if it solves it, then re-enable them one at a time as you play until you find the one that is DC'ing you.
    Edited by temjiu on October 25, 2015 4:09AM
  • b-l-a-d-eb16_ESO
    same here. do i get my money back please?
  • DeTosc
    DeTosc
    Soul Shriven
    majulook wrote: »
    It's not my internet connection as simultaneous connection to company db not affected.

Well I doubt that the ESO Megaserver - NA or EU btw? - is located close to your company's db.
    So this is no proof at all, that you are not having issues with your internet connection to the ESO Maegaserver ;)

• warrhell
    warrhell
    Soul Shriven
    I have this problem too
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeTosc wrote: »

Well I doubt that the ESO Megaserver - NA or EU btw? - is located close to your company's db.
    So this is no proof at all, that you are not having issues with your internet connection to the ESO Maegaserver ;)

Its NA Megaserver
    While the routing is probably a bit different, connection to the previous mentioned DB at Walter Reed would put the locations pretty darn close, unless the ESO Megaserver its not in Bethesda.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Silverforte
    Silverforte
    ✭✭
    This has been happening to me as well. Just did, actually.
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeTosc wrote: »

Its NA Megaserver
    While the routing is probably a bit different, connection to the previous mentioned DB at Walter Reed would put the locations pretty darn close, unless the ESO Megaserver its not in Bethesda.

In addition, I threw up a traceroute to the patch servers to test...latency is fine, under 50ms for even the slower points. server is also relatively local up here in the Seattle area, so i don't see any backbone longhauls being the culprit. Plus, usually a latency or disconnect DC is preceeded by signs (everything stops moving, things freeze, you can't cast, etc.) This one just literally drops you...im reaching for something, or casting a spell, or whatever...and bam. login screen.

Update on my tests...the DC's slow down quite a bit when i drop a few specific add-ons...but they're still there. and they didn't exist at all until Saturday morning (PDT). US server.

But the fact that Add-ons impact the frequency could be important. not sure how the engine interacts with them (or vice versa), but the ones that seem to impact it the most revolve around the map for me. I'm running Wykkyd's suite, skyshards, lootdrop, and inventory grid view with little to no DC's (about once every few hours). I add minimap and it skyrockets to once every 5m.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having issues with constant disconnection too. I believe that the problem is more with Windows 10, I recently upgraded "for free", that is affecting several people around the world.

I start playing, Internet link working fine and suddenly I'm disconnected. I notice that the game stopped responding (activators don't work, crafting station becomes unresponsive...) and then I Alt+TAB to check and I'm down.

For some reason, Windows 10 doesn't reconnect automatically, although it's set to do so, so I connect manually again and check my browser to confirm that it is working. However, the game already booted me to login screen at this time.

If the loading screens were short like they used to be and we, clients, are asking for a solution for a very long time, it wouldn't be a big deal, but they're not. I have to TRY to login again (because the game seems to take a little longer than regular browser to notice I'm reconnected again), wait for a long loading screen to see my characters, pick one and wait another long loading screen to finally resume my gameplay.

It would so much simple if the game could, somehow, notice that something is wrong with connection and show us a prompt message like "Unable to communicate with game server. Check your Internet connection and try again" with two buttons, by default, [ E ] Try again and [ ALT ] Cancel.

There are other famous games that have such feature.

This not only will give us a heads up "hey moron, Windows disconnected you again, go and check it out", but would prevent the annoyance of this unsolvable (or uncared) loading screens issue.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Silverforte
    Silverforte
    ✭✭
    Windows 7, no addons, healthy connection to NA server. Just happened again.
  • Silverforte
    Silverforte
    ✭✭
    Servers apparently crashed, on top of all of this. Lot of good that extended maintenance did.
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    If your problem is specifically that you're getting "the world freezing around you" when you're in a big PvP combat, try the solution (work around really) at http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/226764/possible-solution-getting-kicked-to-log-in-screen-in-pvp-after-everyone-freezes-but-you. It worked for me.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • PURPLE245
    PURPLE245
    ✭✭✭
    and me cant even log in with out a 500+ ping and im getting logged out every 2 mins i think the new hardware messed everything up so we have to wait so long for them to put the server back up we get on the servers just to ger crazy lagg
    ↓♛The Fam♛↓
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    AD/High Elf-NB=Chip-D-I-P-S
    AD/High Elf-Sorc=Why Play
    AD/High Elf-Templar=Star Bucks
    AD/High Elf-DK=D-I-P-S
    DC/Orc-DK=Super Nub
    AD/Wood Elf-Templar=L M A O
    AD/Wood Elf-NB=ßoß
    AD/Wood Elf-sorc=Tarzan
    EP/Argonian-dk=Swimming Like A Shark
    PC☜═㋡630+cp ㋡═☞EU
    User ID=@PURPLE97
  • therorkstar
    Got disconnected about 10x yesterday in a span of 5 hours. It's not my Internet connection/ISP.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Got disconnected about 10x yesterday in a span of 5 hours. It's not my Internet connection/ISP.

If you are on PC, try lowering your graphic settings, then restart the game and see if that helps.
    If you have addons, disable all of them and see if you still have the same problem.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• therorkstar
    vamp_emily wrote: »

If you are on PC, try lowering your graphic settings, then restart the game and see if that helps.
    If you have addons, disable all of them and see if you still have the same problem.

I have all the game settings on low, no add-ons. Still having issues :neutral:

Whenever I get DC'd, I have to completely close the game and launcher then login again. If I don't, I get a message that says "Login Timeout" or "Could not connect to server."
    Edited by therorkstar on October 30, 2015 9:17PM
  • tarondestiny
    tarondestiny
    Soul Shriven
    this is old but... I still have this?
    My system is quite good, connection too and i don´t have any add ons. I "lose connection" quite frequently this throws me back to login about at least 2 times an hour... it´s even more frustrating if you just beat a hard dungeon and right after the boss drops .. boom you´re out.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There are currently multiple threads open regarding disconnection issues while playing ESO. Please use this thread for troubleshooting assistance and for further discussion. We are closing this thread as it is also a necro from three years ago.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.