The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blank Tooltips/UI, Players Show as "Offline1"

Yin_Tomoe
Yin_Tomoe
Soul Shriven
Hello, Tech Support people!

I'm actually posting this on behalf of my brother (who's setting things in motion to get his forum invitation code).

The problem is a lot of text isn't showing up in his UI. The names of items in inventory windows, container loot windows, store lists, etc. don't show up. The little picture is there, but no text. The text windows for his skills are also blank (same deal with the picture present, but no text). And finally, all his targets are labelled "Offline".

The text in general just seems really messed up (if you notice, his quest tracker reads "tracker goal text")

He's disabled his antivirus, run eso in admin mode, uninstalled all his addons, searched google, steam, etc. for fixes (he tried them, even if it was for the same problem on a different platform, but none of them worked), repaired his game multiple times, and completely re-installed at least 3 times.

I've included a couple of screenshots he took, where you can see the blank text and the targets labelled as "Offline".

58hwzmuntmoj.png
0pb1foql29fh.png

Is there a fix for this? This is preventing him from playing, and more importantly from him playing this game with me (selfish sibling mode, engaged!).
I'm not sure what would be causing this, as we both play on the steam-launched version (and mine is fine), so I don't think it's a Steam-related problem.

Any help in this matter would be awesome. We've been waiting months to play together, hoping it was just a thing that needed to have an update to resolve.
Thanks!

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If NPC's are showing up as 'offline' it could just be your are experiencing some intermittent connection issues. The first thing you should try is simply logging off for 15 minutes and then logging back in. You may also want to try switching between Megaservers as well. There are some additional suggestions in the thread here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Yin_Tomoe
    Yin_Tomoe
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for your reply! I appreciate it.

Although your suggestions didn't work/had already been attempted, the link you provided did have a successful result!

The one that finally worked for him was:
    Okay, I got mine to work. Hopefully this helps some people out -
    -Reset UserSettings.txt
    -Disabled all add-ons
    -Ran repair through game launcher

Then I logged in and everything was back to normal.

Thank you ZOS_BillE & gcoop445ub17_ESO for your help (not sure how to tag someone on this forum)!
    My brother and I played together today for the first time in months. I couldn't have fixed this without you! : )