The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to get around in ESO

SpireofSouls
SpireofSouls
✭✭
Been trying to find a way to enjoy the game, but can be confused at some points. Started few days ago and decided to make a bosmer as a warden. Never played one before and started out in Morrowind on a ship and have no ideas why I have Aldmeri Dominion. Funny that faction really have nothing to do with Morrowind and I am guessing those factions probably have nothing to do with the game anymore. I do remember playing this when first came out, it just wasn't for me the way things are setup and I stop playing it.

So I explore and do what I can, cant believe how many immature players are out there that can ruin your day. For the last few days, been trying to roleplay out my character and enjoy the game itself. Players been talking too much garbage and spoils on the general chat, so I had to ignore it somehow. Anyway I did ask for help once, dealing with this quest and wasn't easy at all. Someone did mention if I needed help with? She was nice, but never got a chance to get to know each others for helping me out. After she helped, she fleed and I was wondering what was all that about? It does feel weird though. Infact I did say thank you for the helps.

Now I am trying to find the right players to hang out with, that are mature and enjoy roleplaying. I asked around for mature roleplaying guilds and even check the forum and couldn't find one. I really didn't want to get mix up with guilds that has multi-personailities that players don't know what they are doing and random things. Getting mix up with three factions is not a good idea either and you cant put good and evil in the same basket.

If anyone is interesting to tag a long and be my friend that would be great. Gonna need help at some points and didn't want to get mix up with the wrong type of players. Btw my character isn't evil, pretty much neutral alignment. Don't ask how I ended up at Morrowind, probably have something to do with that class warden I picked. So right now I am trying to help Vivec.
  • Aarlur
    Aarlur
    ✭✭✭
    You ended up in Morrowind, because if you have the chapter (or subscribed) every new character stars there. If you buy Summerset, than that will be your starting area. Since One Tamriel factions does not matter much, only in Cyrodiil pvp.

If you looking for friends the zonechat not the best place. You should try looking for guilds. You can do it on chat, but maybe the best if you looking here, on the forum, at the guild recruitment topics.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know, I help people all the time in game then go on about my business...

As for finding good people to play the game with, guilds are your best bet. You can join up to 5, and drop them at any time with no repercussions. Guilds are good sources simply.because people in guilds tend to be more invested in the game and are usually a bit more social.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What platform/server are you on?
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • SpireofSouls
    SpireofSouls
    ✭✭
    Oh sorry forgot to mention what platform/server I am on. I am on PC/NA server here.

Well the guilds might be a best place to look, I jumped in two guilds for the last five days and nothing special about it, so I left. But I did however bumped into a player this morning, seem nice, but usual player. He whisper to me and I reply back as "?". He was checking on me to see if I was a bot. Well I didn't think they would mess up this game, got enough cheaters and hackers out there already.

So I told him, how you going tell if they are bots, some players doesn't even reply back. Anyway, he explained and show me and noticed two players running random against the cliff side trying to get up and going back in fourth in short distance. And yes it does look like bots, sadly we cant do nothing about it. So I told him to report them, so he did. Those players (bots) been doing this all morning or for an hour.

He seem cool, so I added him and maybe we can do things together. Still looking for more players to be friends with, but I don't wanna get mix up with the wrong alignment. I know my ID tag sounds evil, but this character isn't and she is neutral and already ran into so many bad or horrible players going around killing locals, livestock, etc. Really pissed me off that there nothing you can do about it. I am on Aldmeri Dominion side, so is this player I bumped into this morning. I was told that the faction system is borked and really shouldn't be pay any attention to it. So much have changed over the years, since I played and use to be by the numbers when first came out and now it just completely different game here.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Factions really only apply in PVP. Everywhere else they are not a factor. Which is so much nicer than before when grouping with friends as we dont have worry about what faction we are on.

As for guilds you kond of get out of them what you put in to them. For example, my main guild leaves you alone, in fact all the guilds I am in leave me alone, unless I ask for help. So just joining one does not make for an instant social circle, it just gives a better pool to find peeps. That being said some guilds are small and not all that active.

• SpireofSouls
    SpireofSouls
    ✭✭
    Ah thanks Nestor, yeah I figured that some guilds going to be like that and some like to keep small to themselves. Infact I might even make my own for my point of interests. So right now just enjoying the game, no rushing at all. I do however enjoy a lot better than I was before back in release.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need an invite into a couple helpful guilds, send me an email in the game and I can get you in this evening. They both run events almost everyday and each have 30 to 50 people online most times

Use @Nestor

• SpireofSouls
    SpireofSouls
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If you need an invite into a couple helpful guilds, send me an email in the game and I can get you in this evening. They both run events almost everyday and each have 30 to 50 people online most times

Use @Nestor

Hey Nestor, I tried to reach you, but the system says player/account not found. I tried again later on today.