The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

level 10-19 Soul Gems from chests in Khenarthi's Roost?

Phabiusbile
Phabiusbile
✭✭
So I am level 17 and I went back to Khenarthi's Roost to open chests and gather resources to get my crafting up before I move on to Grahtwood.
I noticed that all the soul gems I am getting from chests in the area are appropriate to my level and not sure if this is intended.
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chests are level bound, no matter where you are, it will check your level and drop loot appropriate. Same goes for dungeon loot in cyrodill. Which i came to like more then the pvp in there. Camp a boss that drops a one hander and end up with two of the same kind same level, pretty sweet.
    As if it is intended, i sure hope so, its a neat mechanic :smiley:
  • Phabiusbile
    Phabiusbile
    ✭✭
    @Bhakura The only arguments I have with that

-the items from the chests other than soul gems are around level 4 - I am 17
    -If you go to a higher zone and pick a chest you can get items above your current level - I looted level 19-20 items from chest in Grahtwood.
    -If you kill Loot dropping Mobs in Khenarthi's Roost when you have outleveled the zone you will get nothing but crafting items such as scraps, I tried several named Mobs.
  • Phabiusbile
    Phabiusbile
    ✭✭
    Also in Cyrodill your character is scaled up to level 50 when you enter so I'm sure they don't want you looting level 50 loot and selling it at a low level. Therefore they scale the loot to your actual level in Cyrodill.