The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

If you aren't gonna remove the power sigil at least give it a single spawn location

TimeDazzler
TimeDazzler
✭✭✭✭✭
3-4 places per map is pure RNG and stamina users can run around and find it much easier than magicka users. Add a timer somewhere on the screen when the next power sigil will spawn that way the teams meetup at that location. Also, a small cast time to pick it up like in capture the relic would actually introduce some counterplay instead of getting steamrolled by whoever got there first. Or you know you could just remove it entirely and make deathmatch more competitive since BG's are not competitive with 3 teams but at least it would be a start to making them more competitive. Speaking of which BG's should be 4v4 and since there are 4 fewer players per game we could even have separate CP and no-CP queues.
PC NA
Characters:
Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, disagree totally with that. Better how it is now. And magika toons have plenty of options to speed themselves up that aren't sprinting.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Sorry, disagree totally with that. Better how it is now. And magika toons have plenty of options to speed themselves up that aren't sprinting.

For starters, the sigil shouldn't be in there.

Secondly, no they do not - There is only speed pots (Still slower than most) with an uptime of like 30 seconds - Show me that you can check all spawn locations on that pot.
    Edited by BNOC on June 25, 2018 10:32AM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which speed pots only last 30s?
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which speed pots only last 30s?

Yeah my bad, I'm talking about 36s base.

Regardless, go and check all the locations and do it faster than a stamina class.

Then try and do it without gimping yourself (A speed pot is not useful to me the second I get caught by someone, or run in to someone on the way to the sigil and hasn't allowed me to keep up in the first place)

The guys talking as if forfeiting stats, gear and or ability slots is fair.

The only thing that really matters is that the sigil doesn't need to be there, does it.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »
    3-4 places per map is pure RNG and stamina users can run around and find it much easier than magicka users. Add a timer somewhere on the screen when the next power sigil will spawn that way the teams meetup at that location. Also, a small cast time to pick it up like in capture the relic would actually introduce some counterplay instead of getting steamrolled by whoever got there first. Or you know you could just remove it entirely and make deathmatch more competitive since BG's are not competitive with 3 teams but at least it would be a start to making them more competitive. Speaking of which BG's should be 4v4 and since there are 4 fewer players per game we could even have separate CP and no-CP queues.

Terrible idea. The point of the sigil is to break up the stacking and to be a deterrent for camping. To force teams to break up and spread every now and then. If it spawns on the same location teams will just camp that location and therefore it will have the opposite of the desired (for the devs) effect.

BNOC wrote: »
    Secondly, no they do not - There is only speed pots (Still slower than most) with an uptime of like 30 seconds - Show me that you can check all spawn locations on that pot.

iGsZycb.png

You're welcome.

...Also speed pots last 47s. It takes 10 minutes to max out Alchemy for the passive. I can check all the spots twice in that time.

Edited by Maulkin on June 25, 2018 4:01PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

Terrible idea. The point of the sigil is to break up the stacking and to be a deterrent for camping. To force teams to break up and spread every now and then. If it spawns on the same location teams will just camp that location and therefore it will have the opposite of the desired (for the devs) effect.

iGsZycb.png

You're welcome.

...Also speed pots last 47s. It takes 10 minutes to max out Alchemy for the passive. I can check all the spots twice in that time.

One major flaw in your argument, major expedition is not a fix to mobility for magicka classes. I could post an image of countless sources of major expedition for stamina classes and say you're welcome buddy also. The problem with mobility in BG's comes from stamina resource pool i.e. sprinting and not major expedition.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

iGsZycb.png

You're welcome.

One major flaw in your argument, major expedition is not a fix to mobility for magicka classes. I could post an image of countless sources of major expedition for stamina classes and say you're welcome buddy also. The problem with mobility in BG's comes from stamina resource pool i.e. sprinting and not major expedition.

You do realise that the morph Race Against Time also reduces the cost of sprint by 30%. Which is more than 7 medium armour pieces give (3% per piece = 21% max). Right?

EU | PC | AD
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a Magicka setup wants to dedicate a bar slot and not-insignificant resource expenditure on Race Against Time, it will indeed help make their sprint a bit cheaper than that of most Stamina builds. But one has to remember that the Stamina build is going to have a far larger resource pool to pull from, as well as superior regeneration of said pool. It's often quite dangerous to be sprinting around in a BG on a Magicka build.

Then there's the issue of disengaging to go for the sigil - something that some premades (and individuals) do as though it were an integral part of their religion. As a general rule, Stamina classes have an easier time disengaging from combat while retaining their mobility, and therefore have an advantage when it comes to sigil hunting.

'Course, I wouldn't really want the sigil to be in one place, since that just ensures that a dominant team is almost certainly going to get it every single time it spawns. The best solution is just to remove the stupid thing entirely.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    If a Magicka setup wants to dedicate a bar slot and not-insignificant resource expenditure on Race Against Time, it will indeed help make their sprint a bit cheaper than that of most Stamina builds. But one has to remember that the Stamina build is going to have a far larger resource pool to pull from, as well as superior regeneration of said pool. It's often quite dangerous to be sprinting around in a BG on a Magicka build.

Then there's the issue of disengaging to go for the sigil - something that some premades (and individuals) do as though it were an integral part of their religion. As a general rule, Stamina classes have an easier time disengaging from combat while retaining their mobility, and therefore have an advantage when it comes to sigil hunting.

'Course, I wouldn't really want the sigil to be in one place, since that just ensures that a dominant team is almost certainly going to get it every single time it spawns. The best solution is just to remove the stupid thing entirely.

The magicka resource cost is mostly insignificant. My regeneration covers more than 80% of its cost in BGs. over 100% in Cyro, I can never run out.

Sprinting you gotta be careful with but it's certainly doable. This is mostly for DKs and Templars anyway. Sorcs have Streak, Wardens have Vines. MagBlades have Cloak with Concealed Weapon slotted and 3!! sources of major expedition (double take, path, cripple)

It's disingenuous to say magicka builds have no mobility, it's not all the same. And also the same can be said about the alleged mobility of stam builds. Sure, medium armor builds with bow and shuffle are quite mobile, but heavy armor builds without snare removal find it harder to disengage and chase the sigil than most mag builds. Again, not all the same.
    Edited by Maulkin on June 25, 2018 11:48PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

iGsZycb.png

You're welcome.

Get on your magicka class and show me a video of you checking all spawn locations twice on 1 pot.

Also, a paid for skill isn't a good example either and like I said, why am I switching up my bars and gimping myself elsewhere just for the sake of almost being able to catch a stam class - that I'd still lose to anyway.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

iGsZycb.png

You're welcome.

Get on your magicka class and show me a video of you checking all spawn locations twice on 1 pot.

Also, a paid for skill isn't a good example either and like I said, why am I switching up my bars and gimping myself elsewhere just for the sake of almost being able to catch a stam class - that I'd still lose to anyway.

You know you don't have to run all the way to the sigil spot to check if it's there right?

And as for the "paid for" skill, as lame as excuses get but whatever. Can't help someone that doesn't need help. Maybe watch some of Blobs' vids on his Magplar with it.

Edited by Maulkin on June 26, 2018 10:22AM
    EU | PC | AD
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the sigil is to remain in deathmatch, it should spawn in the center of every map, every time. This way, teams can be rewarded for holding down the spawnpoint and keeping track of when it actually respawns - similar to how active camo/overshield function in halo.

Or just remove it entirely.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster