The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Chat keeps disappearing when joining groups

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
PS4 NA Server. Constant disappearing of chat. This needs seeing to since its been a problem for a long time.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are having issues with voice chat dropping, please try the troubleshooting steps from the linked articles below.

If neither of these articles help, please contact customer support for further help.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the links - but I'm hardwired to my router, my ports are all open and my png is <1 ms. I have no issues with internet speed, no issues with open ports etc.

This is an intermittent error, and it's a big problem when grouping for BGs in particular. the troubleshoot steps, do not fix it.
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE it happens to everyone so it's not an isolated case. If you stopped forcing people going to group chat by default when they join a group that wouldn't be a problem. It's because people get tossed to the chat without their consent that keeps bringing up the problem.
    Deleting data is not going to solve this issue. You getting to the bottom of this and fixing it will.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat