The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Nightblades and Crushing Weapon

SmellyUnlimited
SmellyUnlimited
✭✭✭✭
So I was thinking about how tanks throw Major Fracture out already, would Crushing Weapon be preferable then instead of Surprise Attack?

I know Shadow Passives give you 3% extra health and the Major Buffs, but without heavy armor the uptime on those is minuscule.

I mean it’s cheaper, you’d get the shield from the passives, and has that extra bonus orb shot of damage (and of course the heal is nice from Crushing).

Anybody tested this?
DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprise Attack is still cheaper, actually. And it deals more damage too, my tooltip on SA is about 500 more than CW. The spell orb passive will almost never proc on your usual rotation, sadly. It is still a decent option if you think you need the healing, but I much prefer SA.

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    .uptime on those is minuscule.

Six seconds is at least half a rotation. Hardly minuscule. With just one piece of heavy, which you ought to be wearing, you take this to 7.5 seconds, which is 80% of a rotation. Surprise attack is the best spammable in the game and you ought to be using it all the time.