Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't take quest or read note

Charoshy
Charoshy
✭✭
I came across a quest on one of my characters that my main character didn't have in Alinor (Summerset) near the inn. However my main couldn't take the quest "Divine Deputation" nor read the note "Divine Prosecution Notification". I already started doing the daily quests on my main, so I assume that's why I can't take the quest. However I can't even read the note to add it to my lore library.
Edited by Charoshy on May 30, 2018 4:03PM
  • alineinabook
    alineinabook
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem. Collected the notification on my first character and accepted the quest. Can't collect it on my second or any other characters, though I have already started doing the World Boss daily on them before. My boyfriend cannot collect the notification on his second character either, same situation. No prompt to interact or anything.
    In a world without gold, we might have been heroes!

Faenir Nightbrook | Amelia Velain | Sena R'enar | Aza Kashnar | Elanwe Silinthar
    Aela Snow-Song | Khana Dustclaw | Elanna Dufont | Neria Velas | Yarah al-Tava
  • rtorlasub17_ESO
    I'll add that I can't read it either. I believe I started dailies before trying to read it. On another toon, I spoke to a Divine Prosecutor type as I came into the city and was able to read it.
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    I just ran across this. I suspect it's not a bug..or rather..perhaps the bug is letting you do dailies before you get this quest.
    A toon that has never done dailies can read it. A toon that hasn't done the dailies can't. It seems to be one of those 'bread crumb' quests to direct you to the dailies but if that's the case, why allow you to get the dailies before doing this intro quest.
  • dxtarheel23
    dxtarheel23
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here...I submitted a ticket a few months ago but never heard anything back. The lorebook can’t be picked up and the NPC for that quest never spawns if you’ve already completed a daily.