Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weird popups when I try to turn using W and A together

Ostacia
Ostacia
✭✭✭✭✭
I've always moved along using W and sometimes A if I want to drift left some but today I started getting a weird white chat bubble sort of thing with all the alternate ways to type the letter a. It goes away when I hit another key but it's annoying. Anyone else having this?
PC/ NA
Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The white chat bubble coming up could be an issue with an add-on if you are using any. You may want to remove add-ons and see if the pop-up still happens.
    1. Open the Finder and go to Documents.
      • Do not go to the Applications folder. ESO files stored in the Applications folder do not affect game preferences.
    2. Find the "Elder Scrolls Online" folder.
    3. Open the "live" folder (NA megaserver) or "liveeu" (EU megaserver).
    4. Remove all files from the "AddOns" folder.
    5. Remove all files from the "SavedVariables" folder.
    6. Remove AddOnSettings.txt from the "live" folder.

If removing add-ons doesn't stop the pop-up, you should take a screenshot of what the pop-up looks like.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi! Thank you for your response. I had done a Pages update recently and the popup reminded me of word processing and so I tried going from windowed mode to full screen mode and the problem disappeared. The next day, I went back to playing in windowed mode (which I prefer) and the problem is gone.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake