The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is this place still happening?

chaz
chaz
✭✭✭✭
Hello, greetings fans. Yeah so this place doesn't seem to be alive as much as it were a year or two ago. Or is that my imagination?

Maybe I'm missing something or it's a dry spell. Or maybe I just haven't had the time to notice. Do you think this place is more active now when it first went live or less?

Do you think there's more posts being made now or less then a year ago?
Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's more toxic than it was....
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Salt always flys in EsO. That was , is always a shame though.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imza wrote: »
    I think it's more toxic than it was....

So much this ^^^ and I think the Crown store and, in particular, crown crates are mostly to blame.

PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s quieter. The game is 4 years old. It’s aging out, which is sad. I think they’ll need an ESO 2 to revive it if they want to keep running the game, but who knows.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm hoping in a month or two I'll have another gaming rig to get back into the community. But these boards do seem a bit less active to me. Well in anycase, I'm hoping to help get more people active soon.

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forums maybe are quieter but in game personally I feel like there is even more players than it used to be, but it's just me.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game is better than forum, most come here to complain.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overland seems more active than ever, tho IC is not
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I can remember is when I first started coming to the forum it was to learn the game,and it helped me a lot.
    Now the forum seems more about trying to make the delves adjust the game instead of threads about how to.
    I believe this is why we see fewer new players on here their not getting what they need
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the dead horses are still around and people are still beating on them. Contrary to some of the more passionate forum warriors, the game is doing better in a number of ways. Some of the nagging issues remain. So, there is not all that much to post about that has not already been said.

However, as long as there is a healthy population in the game, the boards can be a ghost town for all I care.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game pop feels up when i play. Very few console regulars i know have ever come here.

Of late lots of talk of reps etc using discord which I'm not sure about. Why not keep the convo here. Even less console players I know use Discord. And finding chat is a nightmare if you away for a few days.

But yeah i think Pop is healthy. Games jist got a few issues at mo hence neggy posts

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PS4 at least it's still hopping. Zone chat was and still is annoying/hilarious.

But yeah, the salt must flow. Best just to grab some popcorn and ride it out
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha, all that is pretty true and I guess you've hit the nail on the head. To start, sure game is old and it's less likely we're going to see new threads about things we've already touched base on. Hehe, even the dead horses. Ahh yes, Discord! Discord is a great tool. However it leaves me scratching my head when someone leaves the server. People say, well because we can only have 5 guilds.

I'm like dude, yes 5 eso guilds but you can have as many discord servers as you like and more the ones you're most active in to the top. Hey, I know all too well how the salt flows in zone chat and whisper hate tells. It used to irk me but I've moved past that. It no longer bothers me. It does make it hard sometimes when you're trying to have a decent conversation with others, because salt becomes spam and fills up the chat box quickly.

Alright, mystery solved and everything makes sense.

I'm not in game as of yet but I try to run a discord for my guild. However just recently I've expanded the server to include other coop and mmo games if people want to use it that way. In game or in discord if anyone wants to friend up or discuss things in ESO, especially when I'm ready stop by and we can start gathering people for events like trials, IC or ICS or raids in PvP.

Thanks guys, gals.

Have a blessed day!

• Shenchermo
    Shenchermo
    Soul Shriven
    My wife and I started playing a week ago, and immediately wondered why it took us so long to check out ESO lol. The forums are hard to join though, because the account is separate from the ESO one. I had to file a ticket to get my account created. I'm sure Summerset has drawn in new players (though we're currently in Vvardenfell since there was no reason to skip the past four years of content). But since it's difficult to create a forum account, newer players may simply not do so.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Shenchermo , Welcome to the community. So, recently I have been watching streams on Youtube and I met and made new friends that are also new to the game. It's good to know there are a lot more new players joining everyday, in fact I'm going to dedicate some time to the EU server as I've met new people from that side as well just watching streams.

Now that I have my twitch account back I may spend some time there as well. Well, just until I get ready to get another gaming rig, then I'll be too busy playing to sit and watch all the time Haha!