The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Classes 2018

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
Dragon knight:
-Magicka dragonknight is a pretty all rounded class. Good everything but lackes support. It's an "egocentric" class let's say (strong)
-Stamina dragonknight same as magicka but you have snare removal. (stronger)
Nightblade
-Magicka nightblade: Assassin wannabe. Pretty much useless if not in a bomb build in a group
-Stamina nightblade: hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (and they want to buff it)
Templar:
-Magicka Templar: Strong all rounded class, best at supporting but can pack a punch (strong)
-Stamina Templar: if not running bleeds, it's pretty much a walking corpse in solo. In team is stupidly strong just as any other stamina (dawnbreaker)
Sorcerer:
-Magicka Sorcerer: So strong they must add sets that go trough shields to kill them
-Stamina Sorcerer: Trollking or die
Warden:
-Magicka Warden: Does this class even exist? Didn't they delete the class?
-Stamina Warden: See -Stamina Nightblade, but at least he can't cloak
Edited by Skander on July 3, 2018 9:48AM
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    This post gave me a good smile. There is good humor in this game’s class balance. I don’t completely agree with the dk parts but still
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I agree with any of this. Well, except stamblade:

-MagDK: Mid. Bad mobility, high defense/damage tradoff. but potentially really high damage and decent CCs, pretty good healing.
    -StamDK: Low. Bad worse survivability, (costlier to block, less healing) less defense/damage trade off.

-MagNB: High. Harder to play since can't roll spam and needs setup for burst, but incredibly potent abilities like cloak/shade, merciless, incap. If not for sloads would be contender for top.
    -StamNB: High. Strong basically everywhere but healing, and cloak carries them in that regard with its top tier mitigation. Again sload problem.

-Magicka Templar: Mid: Kinda weak solo with janky feeling but strong abilities, especially purge this meta, broken strong for group.
    -Stamina Templar: Lower mid: Very high damage, better mobility, still extremely janky, kinda low survival and limited group support.

-Magicka Sorcerer: High: Good all around, decent survivability, decent burst, decent group support, mobility is high for mag, but kind of lower vs stam mobility.
    -Stamina Sorcerer: High mid: High damage, decent survivability, very good mobility, but burst is highly weapon based. Except the current spin2win.

-Magicka Warden: Low. Magplar but worse. Higher innate tankiness.
    -Stamina Warden: High. Tankiest and best self healing class in the game, StamDK on roids, high burst, high sustain, high mobility, kind of eh 1v1 I suppose. Currently my top pick for this meta.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of this matters as the strongest class is Sloads,

Just slot that on your stamplar of magicka warden and win.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "-Magicka nightblade: Assassin wannabe. Pretty much useless if not in a bomb build in a group"

this cuts deep man :(

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    What PVP content are you specifying? I use sloads and Torugs on my Magicka Nightblade and I have to say it works very well. I am able to sling spells with anyone in a straight up fight and bail with cloak if I get in to deep. So for solo/small casual group medium and large scale Pvp I think it's in a great spot. I have noticed that in organized groups you want very specific aoe (spin to win, Shalks) etc, so I am not sure where it fits I there. I put so much pressure on people with unlockable damage plus Skoria that they have a hard time pressuring me. We will see what happens when they nerfy the sloads but I am working with what is there now. Don't see how the class could be in a better spot for ranged DD.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    What PVP content are you specifying? I use sloads and Torugs on my Magicka Nightblade and I have to say it works very well. I am able to sling spells with anyone in a straight up fight and bail with cloak if I get in to deep. So for solo/small casual group medium and large scale Pvp I think it's in a great spot. I have noticed that in organized groups you want very specific aoe (spin to win, Shalks) etc, so I am not sure where it fits I there. I put so much pressure on people with unlockable damage plus Skoria that they have a hard time pressuring me. We will see what happens when they nerfy the sloads but I am working with what is there now. Don't see how the class could be in a better spot for ranged DD.

I'm not counting broken sets. I'm counting skillwise as the skill-threes.
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

-MagNB: High. Harder to play since can't roll spam and needs setup for burst, but incredibly potent abilities like cloak/shade, merciless, incap. If not for sloads would be contender for top.
    -StamNB: High. Strong basically everywhere but healing, and cloak carries them in that regard with its top tier mitigation. Again sload problem.

how does cloak not carry magblade and carries stamblade? magblade has a lot more options than stamblade but otherwise pretty much the same despite mag having superior 5pc sets.

Also stamblade has pretty good healing idk how ur gona say it doesnt
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of these are wrong.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Magicka Warden: Does this class even exist? Didn't they deleted the class?

:(
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Swimguy wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »

how does cloak not carry magblade and carries stamblade? magblade has a lot more options than stamblade but otherwise pretty much the same despite mag having superior 5pc sets.

Also stamblade has pretty good healing idk how ur gona say it doesnt

Both are carried by cloak. Stamblade healing is kinda poor, no real amps, no hits, no burst heal, and they fixed cloak buffing heals.

Both have pretty equal 5pcs. Riposte is strong on the mag end, but so are bone pirate and eternal hunt.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forums always hating on magblade. it might not be great for solo PvP but it is good in alot of situations. It offers a lot of group utility and off heals while still being able to harass opponents in small group play with roots and good damage pressure, and it's kind of op 1v1 as long as you aren't fighting a mag dk. It's pretty much in the same boat as mag dk good in group play great 1v1 but kind of bad 1vX.
    Edited by thankyourat on June 23, 2018 7:42PM
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Most of these are wrong.

If you are playing on a group of 10 or more people, your opinion doesn't count
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    I revise my opinion. Sorcs. Top dawg right now. Maybe not one on one but who cares. I can also streak away if I like. Sorc is god mode atm
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Magicka Templar: Strong all rounded class, best at supporting but can pack a punch (strong)"

Healbot only. No real punch. All rounded class must mean only few skills that actually are not clunky, wonky, just horrible or actually work fine :D
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    "Magicka Templar: Strong all rounded class, best at supporting but can pack a punch (strong)"

Healbot only. No real punch. All rounded class must mean only few skills that actually are not clunky, wonky, just horrible or actually work fine :D

You are playing it wrong
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    Stibbons wrote: »

You are playing it wrong

I.E. without Sloads
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    I revise my opinion. Sorcs. Top dawg right now. Maybe not one on one but who cares. I can also streak away if I like. Sorc is god mode atm

Sorcs are strong against bad players.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outta what I use:

Stam Sorc
    Mag Sorc

Magden/Templar (stam or mag)

MagDK

Also correlates with my time spent on each class that I actively use (I have one of everything)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reading Stamblade.... gave me a smile.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time reading this lists and I can only agree with 2 things the rest makes me feel like we’re playing a different game. Especially the part about Magblades.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    You dont even know how wrong you are about magblades.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dks are overrated
    mag nb is underrated
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    dks are overrated
    mag nb is underrated

Magblades are always underrated. Never knew why, they have some of the best-in-class tools in the game in shade/cloak/merciless/fear. With the sload meta I can see the issue, but otherwise an incredibly strong class.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagNB is very powerful, it has the ability to 3-4 shot players. A good MagNB can kill people with the, Fear>Incap>Spectral Bow>Execute combo. Idk how you can say its weak lol
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ItsNebula wrote: »
    MagNB is very powerful, it has the ability to 3-4 shot players. A good MagNB can kill people with the, Fear>Incap>Spectral Bow>Execute combo. Idk how you can say its weak lol

In group, it's pretty weak if it's not bombing.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's good at duels too. Really it only struggles in 1vX
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't count duels to be PvP. This game is not balanced for 1v1s
    It struggles in outnumbered. Not only 1vx.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't count duels to be PvP. This game is not balanced for 1v1s
    It struggles in outnumbered. Not only 1vx.

But it's really good in even numbered fights. It has areas where it struggles like fighting outnumbered, but it has areas where it's strong like group vs group, and it has areas that it's kind of op in like duels. This sounds like a very good balanced class.
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    LOL
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading stam DK made me giggle. Like mag DK (but with snare removal). Give me a break.
    Edited by TrinityBreaker on June 30, 2018 9:47PM
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker