The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Any thoughts on building a stamina bomblade?

Aztlan
Aztlan
✭✭✭✭
Okay, after playing solo and smalescale stamblade for the last few months, I'm thinking about getting back into larger organized group play. However, I'd rather not switch over to magblade and change my race In order to fill a dps role. Has anyone theorycrafted a build that really makes Steel Tornado shine, for example? Or another way to make stamblades more useful in large groups?

In terms of setups, I could easily go with 5H/2M, DW/2H, Bloodspawn, Clever Alchemist, Bone Pirate. Good burst damage, good sustain, good survivability. Throw on Steel Tornado and Blade Cloak, hit opposing groups with Reaper's Mark, and spin to win. Decent. But has anyone taken it to another level?

I'm thinking about maybe 5/5/2, 5M/2H or 7M, DW/2H, Heem Jas, Clever Alchemist or Spriggans, and Asylum Duel Wield weapons. With Steel Tornado and Thrive in Chaos, amped by Major Berserk and the Asylum weapons, I'd have big time AoE damage, but lower sustain and lower resistances. I'd have to farm a few more pieces of Heem Jas, but otherwise I have everything.

Thoughts?
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Has anyone theorycrafted a build that really makes Steel Tornado shine, for example?"

stamden

"Or another way to make stamblades more useful in large groups?"

rapids bot

you won't really be able to compete in terms of AOE damage without proxy or sub assault, all of stamblade's strengths are single target

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭
    Stamblade doesn't have any inherent AoE pressure, so you have to build it all in.

There are two ways I can think to play it:

I think the best way to do this is Dawnbreaker Spam. Build around getting the highest amount of heavy hitting dawnbreakers.
    Duel Wield for steel tornado, blood spawn and werewolf hide for ult gen. Throw the Psijic ulti backbar for minor protection or soul siphon as a "poor-man" resto ult. Then Truth, 7th Legion, or Fury for the damage.

The second way is to go hybrid, building health to at least 30-35k while using dark cloak as your heal.

Run all tri glyphs so you can have decent stam and mag pools, pelenials so you can use both forms of damage, then combine skills like sap essence, Carve (with a master 2h), soul tether, and steel tornado into a tanky, well rounded damage combo. Even running Alkosh might be helpful in organized groups.
    Edited by Grimhallow on June 21, 2018 8:23PM
  • wozborne
    wozborne
    ✭✭✭
    Grimick wrote: »
    Stamblade doesn't have any inherent AoE pressure, so you have to build it all in.

I think the best way to do this is Dawnbreaker Spam. Build around getting the highest amount of heavy hitting dawnbreakers.
    Duel Wield for steel tornado, blood spawn and werewolf hide for ult gen. Throw the Psijic ulti backbar for minor protection or soul siphon as a "poor-man" resto ult. Then Truth, 7th Legion, or Fury for the damage.

The second way is to go hybrid, building health to at least 30-35k while using dark cloak as your heal.

Run all tri glyphs so you can have decent stam and mag pools, pelenials so you can use both forms of damage, then combine skills like sap essence, Carve (with a master 2h), soul tether, and steel tornado into a tanky, well rounded damage combo. Even running Alkosh might be helpful in organized groups.
    Sap Essence, that skill all Bombblades spam, has a Stamina Morph people always seem to forget about. Even without it, All Stam Classes have access to Spin2Win through the DW tree.
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    I think the best stam bomblade would be to use hem-jas set. If you could time it with a enemy death you damage would be crazy. Cheers.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The key to making a bomber blade work is vicious death,
    you only need one person to explode to make a chain reaction,

I doubt a stambomber will work as well as a magbomber only due to 2 things,

Vicious death set
    Proxy detonation,
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimick wrote: »

I wouldn't suggest this. I have a hybrid nb at 35k using this and it's pretty bad. You lose so much utility from the cloak for just another hot, and to be frank a *** hot as well. You can in no way rely on this as your main source of healing.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vicious Death robust jewelry and weapons, hulking, and 1kena, 1 max stam monster set, 2-3 slaughter stones on the jewelry, and redguard/kajiit/wood elf/Imperial race. Dawnbreaker from stealth and spin to win spam....
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are aiming to burst bomb, I would try something like 5 senche + 5 clever alch + 2 kena and master 2h. Proc all buffs, roll into cloak, heavy attack + DB from cloak and then sweep up with brawler and reverse slice spam. This is very niche of course, but so is bombing in general.
    Edited by Koensol on June 22, 2018 11:25AM
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys. It's interesting that no one has actually tried this, which shows how un-meta it is.

@Grimick, I did have an ultigen build a couple years ago using Bloodspawn, Werewolf Hide, and Witchman's (I wish that set would get a buff, by the way). That's certainly one good way to go. The idea was to use Thrive in Chaos more often, which would would help me survive in medium armor and buff Steel Tornado. (I know that Lacerate and its morphs can be purged, but it did work fairly well when it didn't get purged. Unfortunately, the area of effect is so small. Players usually aren't packed tight enough to maximize the damage boost. This skill and Power Extraction could really use some changes to make stamblades more viable in groups.)

For now, I think I'll probably farm Heem-Jas and see how that works out.
    Edited by Aztlan on June 22, 2018 1:27PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys. It's interesting that no one has actually tried this, which shows how un-meta it is.

@Grimick, I did have an ultigen build a couple years ago using Bloodspawn, Werewolf Hide, and Witchman's (I wish that set would get a buff, by the way). That's certainly one good way to go. The idea was to use Thrive in Chaos more often, which would would help me survive in medium armor and buff Steel Tornado. (I know that Lacerate and its morphs can be purged, but it did work fairly well when it didn't get purged. Unfortunately, the area of effect is so small. Players usually aren't packed tight enough to maximize the damage boost. This skill and Power Extraction could really use some changes to make stamblades more viable in groups.)

For now, I think I'll probably farm Heem-Jas and see how that works out.

Plenty of people have tried it. It just doesn’t work. This is the one weakness the stamblade has.

It dies fast in these situations and it has less AOE dmg than the competition in these situations.

In general though, Stam bombing is hard to do on any class. It’s easiest on warden but even that can be hard. When I do it I run clever alch, 7th, and bloodspawn. Selenes would probably be the the preferred monster set if survivability or ult gen weren’t issues, but please believe me when I say that for Stam nombing they most definitely are.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Plenty of people have tried it. It just doesn’t work. This is the one weakness the stamblade has."

Haha. Yes, I know. I wasn't being precise. I meant successfully.
    Edited by Aztlan on June 22, 2018 2:57PM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, after playing solo and smalescale stamblade for the last few months, I'm thinking about getting back into larger organized group play. However, I'd rather not switch over to magblade and change my race In order to fill a dps role. Has anyone theorycrafted a build that really makes Steel Tornado shine, for example? Or another way to make stamblades more useful in large groups?

In terms of setups, I could easily go with 5H/2M, DW/2H, Bloodspawn, Clever Alchemist, Bone Pirate. Good burst damage, good sustain, good survivability. Throw on Steel Tornado and Blade Cloak, hit opposing groups with Reaper's Mark, and spin to win. Decent. But has anyone taken it to another level?

I'm thinking about maybe 5/5/2, 5M/2H or 7M, DW/2H, Heem Jas, Clever Alchemist or Spriggans, and Asylum Duel Wield weapons. With Steel Tornado and Thrive in Chaos, amped by Major Berserk and the Asylum weapons, I'd have big time AoE damage, but lower sustain and lower resistances. I'd have to farm a few more pieces of Heem Jas, but otherwise I have everything.

Thoughts?

As of now I believe its not possible or as effective as magicka NB. You need soul thether + vicious death + magicka detonation+ AOE damage monster set. Its calk walk once learned. 35K AP every tick. 10K telvars every tick.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on June 22, 2018 3:42PM
  • EdgarMoose
    You could bomb as a hybrid. Protected by a group I think this set up really destroys people: 1x Kena, 1x Velindreth, 5x Pelinals, 5x Vicious Death. Infused Rings with WD.

https://youtu.be/_03AS74TUkQ
  • dmar613
    dmar613
    ✭✭✭
    you can run 5 bone pirate 5 vd, or 5 heem jas and 5 vd, or 5 sload 5 vd, etc. mainly a group play build though. I ran 5 heem jas and 5 vd on my stam warden and did very well, especially as emperor last month.

http://xbonx.com/RZRBACK78+STS/clips/980ede67-7fd4-47a2-8d8b-65b85c698000

this is my buddy last night on a stam nb running bp and vd hopefully the link works
    Edited by dmar613 on June 22, 2018 10:15PM
    4th Grand Overlord For DC Xbox One. 123,486 pvp kills Crip from the Sexy Time Slayers aka Leaps of Dreamz
  • dmar613
    dmar613
    ✭✭✭
    double post
    Edited by dmar613 on June 22, 2018 10:04PM
    4th Grand Overlord For DC Xbox One. 123,486 pvp kills Crip from the Sexy Time Slayers aka Leaps of Dreamz
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina DD in an organised raid is possible.

You could go Heem'Jas + Spriggan if you're on cp-campaign. Steel Tornado would be your spammable and you would run Dawnbreaker/Caltrops/Arrow Spray.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    for my stam bomblade i usually go with 64 mag and 0 stam. the extra mag helps damage. Usually go VD and war maidens to buff my mag attacks.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    @dmar613 Interesting. Though clearly a Magblade benefits more from wearing VD.

@Lieblingsjunge Yes, I'm definitely going to try that.

@Swimguy Funny guy. I've played a magblade and know how to do it. I just want to keep my ability to be a strong solo and small-scale stamblade, while also---with changes to gear and skills--being able to be a strong contributor to groups. As others have noted, this is a weakness for most stamina classes. I don't want to spec into Magicka or change race (which I've done before and immediately regretted). I'm a khajiit. Khajiit for life.
    Edited by Aztlan on June 23, 2018 12:37PM
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    @dmar613 Interesting. Though clearly a Magblade benefits more from wearing VD.

@Lieblingsjunge Yes, I'm definitely going to try that.

@Swimguy Funny guy. I've played a magblade and know how to do it. I just want to keep my ability to be a strong solo and small-scale stamblade, while also---with changes to gear and skills--being able to be a strong contributor to groups. As others have noted, this is a weakness for most stamina classes. I don't want to spec into Magicka or change race (which I've done before and immediately regretted). I'm a khajiit. Khajiit for life.

honestly just run a max stat build and youll be good 20k hp 3.5k recovery and 4k wpn damage is all you need to 1vx. I run 35k stam 3.6k stam recov 35k stam and 4.4k wpn when fully buffed ( continuous and potions)