The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Assassin's Will Exploit

• nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    If healing doesn't put you in combat... Why the hell would they make a set called combat physician!!
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Man..now I wish I'd done this skill line on my Nightblade rofl...I'd do it but i'm pretty sure they'll fix it tomorrow...to funny though.

They won't fix it tomorrow, I bet a month to three months.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Mend wounds makes your light attacks heal.

He was next to guards.

You can heal your own team’s guards.

Does it proc Kena too?
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mend wounds makes your light attacks heal.

He was next to guards.

You can heal your own team’s guards.

Does it proc Kena too?

Yes, it does according to some people that responded to the thread.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Datthaw

The tooltip isn’t conclusive. There are a lot of tooltips in the game that are ambiguous, unclear or even flat out wrong (the Shadowy Disguise crit affecting heals comes to mind quickly).

Yet common sense would tell you that this cannot be the intended behavior. Assassin’s Will is a hard hitting ability. Tooltips above 20k+ are not rare, and it is hitting anywhere from 6k to 15k+ depending on the builds involved. Such abilities usually have a requirement. In case of Will the 5 LAs are there so you can’t just proc it, hold it, and then instantly kill someone.

But this is what’s happening when you allow Mend Wounds “light attacks” to build the proc. I don’t need a dictionary to see that this is indeed not intended behavior because it circumvents the design patterns across the whole game.
    Edited by Feanor on June 18, 2018 6:51AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Datthaw

The tooltip isn’t conclusive. There are a lot of tooltips in the game that are ambiguous, unclear or even flat out wrong (the Shadowy Disguise crit affecting heals comes to mind quickly).

Yet common sense would tell you that this cannot be the intended behavior. Assassin’s Will is a hard hitting ability. Tooltips above 20k+ are not rare, and it is hitting anywhere from 6k to 15k+ depending on the builds involved. Such abilities usually have a requirement. In case of Will the 5 LAs are there so you can’t just proc it, hold it, and then instantly kill someone.

But this is what’s happening when you allow Mend Wounds “light attacks” to build the proc. I don’t need a dictionary to see that this is indeed not intended behavior because it circumvents the design patterns across the whole game.

But but it is the clever use of the mechanics that I refuse to regard as unintended just like some streamers who were trying real hard at defending gapclosing on to the wall. D:
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @IZZEFlameLash

Every exploit is somehow clever use of mechanics simply because you use something the game allows in its current state. I don’t deny this is creative. But it doesn’t mean it’s intended because of that.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @IZZEFlameLash

Every exploit is somehow clever use of mechanics simply because you use something the game allows in its current state. I don’t deny this is creative. But it doesn’t mean it’s intended because of that.

Ya. Just being sarcastic over here. Citing what's been already said by defenders. ;)
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Datthaw

The tooltip isn’t conclusive.
    There are a lot of tooltips in the game that are ambiguous, unclear or even flat out wrong
    (the Shadowy Disguise crit affecting heals comes to mind quickly).

Does no one read? this was my whole point to begin with and he sstarts arguing with me. Do I agree it's kinda busted? Yes. Is the out of combat stack retention busted? Yes. But he insisted that insists a bug. I'm just trying g to say he doesn't know that because zos words things poorly.

And I'll tell you also you say "common sense would tell you that this cannot be the intended behavior" I'm sorry but that's just wrong. It's exactly something zos would do and at this point I would expect nothing less. They have what only a couple skills in the game that procs from light attacks? Common sense would tell you they tested this and it made it into the patch.
    Edited by Datthaw on June 18, 2018 10:37AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    @Datthaw

There are a lot of tooltips in the game that are ambiguous, unclear or even flat out wrong

Does no one read? this was my whole point to begin with and he sstarts arguing with me. Do I agree it's kinda busted? Yes. Is the out of combat stack retention busted? Yes. But he insisted that insists a bug. I'm just trying g to say he doesn't know that because zos words things poorly.

Yes, we don’t know because ZOS has not said anything yet. But that’s the same with a lot of things ZOS has ruled exploits later.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Datthaw

And I'll tell you also you say "common sense would tell you that this cannot be the intended behavior" I'm sorry but that's just wrong. It's exactly something zos would do and at this point I would expect nothing less. They have what only a couple skills in the game that procs from light attacks? Common sense would tell you they tested this and it made it into the patch.

After reading Your posts common sense tells me You played not long enough or You're not experienced enough to say about common sense in this game and developers actions. You just belive what you want to belive and suppoort it with nonsense arguments.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    @Datthaw

After reading Your posts common sense tells me You played not long enough or You're not experienced enough to say about common sense in this game and developers actions. You just belive what you want to belive and suppoort it with nonsense arguments.

While you assume things are bugs when you have no proof or evidence. Has absolutely nothing to do with in game experience.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Datthaw

While you assume things are bugs when you have no proof or evidence. Has absolutely nothing to do with in game experience.

One can assume things are bugs when they are way outside the normal game experience. Would you assume gap closing onto walls or into keeps was intended because the game allowed you to?

Building the proc this way is clearly outside the normal game experience.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    While we're crossing the streams and getting all weird with Mend Wounds, can a Sorcerer in Overload activate Mend on the Overload bar and switch from healing to damage LA's?

If you do this, I’m pretty sure the overload bugginess and the mend wounds bugginess feed upon themselves in an infinite feedback loop. Your character immediately explodes, then is deleted from the server, and then causes a weird glitch where wrobel sends you a hand-written note IRL explaining that he just *** your mom and they’re thinking about moving in together. Like I said, it’s a weird glitch.

Hmmmm...no sir, I don't want that.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Datthaw

One can assume things are bugs when they are way outside the normal game experience. Would you assume gap closing onto walls or into keeps was intended because the game allowed you to?

Just because it's new though, I totally agree the out of combat building if stacks is a bug, said that for the beginning. But to call just the normal use of it in combat and build stacks a bug is a bit premature. Zos totally could have intended this. The point I have been trying to explain to that guy is we don't know if it's a bug just because the tool tip says "attack". As you stated, tool tips are misleading, and inconclusive.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Datthaw

Just because it's new though, I totally agree the out of combat building if stacks is a bug, said that for the beginning. But to call just the normal use of it in combat and build stacks a bug is a bit premature. Zos totally could have intended this. The point I have been trying to explain to that guy is we don't know if it's a bug just because the tool tip says "attack". As you stated, tool tips are misleading, and inconclusive.

It is not inconclusive. ZOS has declared things like this a bug and use of it an exploit before. Gapclosing onto the wall was not mentioned and was doable and it still was an exploit. Some people were saying DKs got buffed because Lash heals were affected by a passive it shouldn't be affected by. But it was very well unintended and got fixed. It is very safe to assume that anything not on their notes is unintended unless declared otherwise. Not the other way around.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Is this intended or an exploit? It would be good to know.
This discussion has been closed.