Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

In Defense of the Sload's Sembalance Set

arkansas_ESO
arkansas_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
lol jk that set's busted af

there's no way to defend it's design in the current game

zos pls nerf it into the ground

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    b-b-but butt but

I don't want to go back to being farmed for AP, because I refuse to learn how to play.

I just want to chase one player around and put Sload's on them, while everyone else with me does the same thing it's so easy.

^ Every Sloadsmen ever.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how sload would help in a 1vX scenario.

I can see kiting a player and having it deal damage

I can see a big ole tanky player being hit by it (if you're a big ole tank in PvP ... Well I want your toon to disappear lol)

I face too many quick opponents in PvP to try and slot it on any Stam toon, or I kill way too quickly.

But because it's being nerfed, I suppose I won't have it on my Magden. Which was the only class I could actually see running it on in BGs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how sload would help in a 1vX scenario.

I can see kiting a player and having it deal damage

I can see a big ole tanky player being hit by it (if you're a big ole tank in PvP ... Well I want your toon to disappear lol)

I face too many quick opponents in PvP to try and slot it on any Stam toon, or I kill way too quickly.

But because it's being nerfed, I suppose I won't have it on my Magden. Which was the only class I could actually see running it on in BGs

Sloads is excellent in 1vX when paired with defile.

You can stay on defense and let Sloads+DoTs to soften a target before delivering a quick burst. Combined they can significantly lower the amount of burst you need, particularly against the type of players that get 1vXed
  • srnm
    srnm
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

When sloads was new, my sloadblade with sheer venom used lethal arrow + poison injection to get kills on some of the full time PvPers. But people have changed their builds and it's less effective now.
    Does it still work? Yes - but it's kill % is definitely lower. People are running troll king and/or purge and/or vitality pots.

All the outcry about sloads used by the unskilled is so much QQ from people used to being untouchable.
    Please someone explain what's more skilful about stacking passive health recovery and healing and just running around DBing and spin-to-win to get your kills? The state of non-sloads gameplay on Vivec PC NA is abysmal and sloads was a counter to it for a short time...

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srnm wrote: »

When sloads was new, my sloadblade with sheer venom used lethal arrow + poison injection to get kills on some of the full time PvPers. But people have changed their builds and it's less effective now.
    Does it still work? Yes - but it's kill % is definitely lower. People are running troll king and/or purge and/or vitality pots.

All the outcry about sloads used by the unskilled is so much QQ from people used to being untouchable.
    Please someone explain what's more skilful about stacking passive health recovery and healing and just running around DBing and spin-to-win to get your kills? The state of non-sloads gameplay on Vivec PC NA is abysmal and sloads was a counter to it for a short time...

Please do tell us how your sets doing almost all of your work is a skillful play first.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on June 22, 2018 3:32AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • srnm
    srnm
    ✭✭✭

Please do tell us how your sets doing almost all of your work is a skillful play first.

Only if you explain how having your CP and build do all of your passive recovery and mitigation is skilful?
    What work are you doing this way?

The point is that whether it's passive offense or passive defense -- it's passive and no active skill is required.
    The sloads+defile meta forced everyone to shift because passive defences were made less effective.
    But using sloads+defile+execute is no less "skilful".

And if/when sloads gets nerfed we're just back to the same old stamsorcs and stamdens playing their usual cheese...
    Edited by srnm on June 22, 2018 4:04AM
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    So as a mageblade I apply two dots plus stave enchants and then go on the defensive. I literally hold block while going in and out of stealth. I will heavy attack on the resto staff in between this rotation. Works really well. The sloads plus my dots plus status effects plus skoria deals so much damage. Throw in a meteor on top of all that. It's good cheeze man. Now that I've adapted to the new meta by basically using it I don't wanna let it go. But it needs to go. Now I think that bleeds are over performing a bit when paired with that master set. But then again I am biased because prior to this patch I played a tanky Stamplar hybrid werewolf so...anything that ignores heavy armor is bad for me.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only if you explain how having your CP and build do all of your passive recovery and mitigation is skilful?
    What work are you doing this way?

The point is that whether it's passive offense or passive defense -- it's passive and no active skill is required.
    The sloads+defile meta forced everyone to shift because passive defences were made less effective.
    But using sloads+defile+execute is no less "skilful".

And if/when sloads gets nerfed we're just back to the same old stamsorcs and stamdens playing their usual cheese...

And this cheese won't be the same old if it wasn't adjusted? And building for passive recovery while maintaining decent damage and decent resistance takes some thoughts at least. And these builds require you to do most of the active work. Stacking no brainer procsets together because meta doesn't take much thoughts and these proc sets do not really require anything more than just left click or 1 or 2 skill buttons while sets kills your opponent. So... what's skillful about that? And procsets doing half the damage isn't exactly a definition of skillful gameplay.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on June 22, 2018 5:09AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • srnm
    srnm
    ✭✭✭
    There's a forum post here on using sloads+sheer+skoria.
    I tried it - damage is great. Survivability is not.
    So the skill in using proc sets might be in surviving...

I've seen too many stamsorcs and stamdens whose health bars barely move while they are being focused by multiple less "skilful" players - pre-sloads.

Why is running a health recovery race + troll king + gold food + max CP + good pots
    with forward momentum and just putting down a DB and spamming steel tornado considered skillful gameplay?
    That setup and play style demolishes most casual players and is preferred by most of the top-ranked PC NA Vivec stam players -- players who are "too good" to equip sloads.

And for a short time they were caught out by sloads + defile + execute ... but they've mostly adjusted....

Edited by srnm on June 22, 2018 5:42AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Sloads is getting nerfed anyway, so it’s pretty much all over but the crying.
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen too many stamsorcs and stamdens whose health bars barely move while they are being focused by multiple less "skilful" players - pre-sloads.

Why is running a health recovery race + troll king + gold food + max CP + good pots
    with forward momentum and just putting down a DB and spamming steel tornado considered skillful gameplay?
    That setup and play style demolishes most casual players and is preferred by most of the top-ranked PC NA Vivec stam players -- players who are "too good" to equip sloads.

And for a short time they were caught out by sloads + defile + execute ... but they've mostly adjusted....

I agree with you!

If people really think they are nothing but "skillful" in pvp then remove what ever sets you are using and go put on an oddball build that no one would ever play with to test how skillful you are. If you can't compete then your probably not as good as you think you are and it is your build / gear carrying you!
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno how you guys putting 1-2 dots on an enemy and w8ing for sload to kill em. Against who are you playing and where? I want to go there too :(
    Edited by Pijng on June 22, 2018 5:25PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Well Sloads is getting nerfed anyway, so it’s pretty much all over but the crying.

All depends on how they change it. Zaan was changed already and is still really powerful.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

sloads party!

peter-sload-hot-dog-expert-vietn-tukfurters-all-new-sunday-13653401.png
    1425092320147.png
    1425089926244.jpg

Edited by Minno on June 22, 2018 5:36PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Hammy01 wrote: »

I agree with you!

If people really think they are nothing but "skillful" in pvp then remove what ever sets you are using and go put on an oddball build that no one would ever play with to test how skillful you are. If you can't compete then your probably not as good as you think you are and it is your build / gear carrying you!

^ Yeah about this

I'm not defending sload. I'm just using what I want to use. After nerf I'll change it to something new, eh.
    But ye, why is everyone crying about sload being op, but nothing about bone pirate being go-to for every stamblade? BS for crazy protection and ulti gen? Oh 7th legion? Maybe lich?
    Yes, people were complaining about them, but not so, hah, not so zealously. But for me these sets are cheesy as much as sload is.

You just overreact when you see direct impact of some sets, but when you cant see what is happening behind the scenes — you seem fine.
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah nothing skillful about sloads and nothing really skillful about the whirlwind spammers either. Both styles are cheeze. But that's the point the less cheeze the better be glad sloads is going away.
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I want my 1000 writs I bought sloads stations with and a partial refund of my Summerset payment since every set is going to be trash now.
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Fully agree with this, Sloads doesnt need a nerf because good players allready adepted to it. And the argument Sloads is used by skill less players is nonsense, is it that skill full using fossilize, runecage or stacking shields?

ZOS please reconsider a nerf to Sloads.
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭

LoL!!!!!!!! Uppercut to the jaw... Well said!
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah yeah yeah. You can say what you want by my personal experiences and that of every respectable PVPer are the same.

You can’t even begin to defend against Sload if you’re perma defiled
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So right now you can spam cloak with no penalty but there is dodge roll penalty, a block penalty lol.... It mitigates damage while in cloak.. Im sorry there are abilities that are broke ... there are classes that are not balanced at all.... Right now range damage is crazy good against melee damage .. light attack changes have turned PVP in the range fests with melee targets just getting decimated unless they hide behind something ... YOu can see it in most fights...

SLOADS IS NOT ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!!!!!

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sload could have been good for the game. If the damage dealt was unresistable based on a % of current health or max health, it would serve as a niche to taking down tanks and punish those stacking health.

Instead, the set has had the opposite effect. Leading to folks running higher health pools, stacking regen so the set's damage can be managed easier.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fully agree with this, Sloads doesnt need a nerf because good players allready adepted to it. And the argument Sloads is used by skill less players is nonsense, is it that skill full using fossilize, runecage or stacking shields?

ZOS please reconsider a nerf to Sloads.

good players "adapted" by just running it themselves, that doesn't make it balanced

Edited by arkansas_ESO on June 22, 2018 9:51PM

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sloads IS fine guys. I love playing my durok zaan sload 40k HP toon. I can finally kill players after that incident where I lost 8 fingers.
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hammy01 wrote: »

I agree with you!

Theory crafting and knowing how to use CP is a skill. Most small man and solo pvpers spend hours and hours theory crafting and experimenting for the maximum effective build in open world PvP. Every one of them plays the classes wildly different too.

Last patch was balanced as hell (with some small issues with defile and bedoul) but this patch gave way too much power to players who out number their opponents for no reason. Since one tam. Patch its been beaten to death that you cant 1vX competent players. It just simply doesn't work.

But zos seems hell bent on making even the most casual players extremely effect just because of the armor they put on. That is why a lot of small man pvpers are upset. Zergs already had the advantage with numbers. But now they are nearly unstoppable with all this bull *** they keep putting in their hands.
    Edited by Animus-ESO on June 23, 2018 2:38AM
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • srnm
    srnm
    ✭✭✭

Yeah yeah yeah. You can say what you want by my personal experiences and that of every respectable PVPer are the same.

You can’t even begin to defend against Sload if you’re perma defiled

Where are these respectable PvPers of which you speak?

And what makes a respectable PvPer?
    Not using sloads? Not using cost poisons? Not using steel tornado? Not using rune cage?
    Or any OP ability? Not playing a stamden/stamsorc on speed pots?
    Perhaps you are respectable if you don't tea bag.... in which case I'm respectable.

Is the problem sload's or ease of access to major defile that's been amped up with befoul?
    Perhaps the real solution is to change the max scaling of befoul to ~20% instead of 50+% , that would nerf duroks too -- at least in CP...
    Edited by srnm on June 23, 2018 7:20AM