The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP and shields

Swimguy
Swimguy
✭✭✭
other than using sloads and shieldbreaker and usual oblivion damage how do i counter damage shields? Apparently being a Damage Dealer whos 100% crit/resistant debuff immune as well as 10k damage mitigation all from 1 spammable skill is completely balanced. I constantly find myself barely scratching a good sorcs shields so how do I hurt shield stackers?
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    Just need to force them to cc break often, once they are out of stam they drop like any other player. Can also toss on magicka cost increasing poisons for some added help.
    Edited by xRIVALENx on June 20, 2018 12:24PM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xRIVALENx wrote: »
    Just need to force them to cc break often, once they are out of stam they drop like any other player. Can also toss on magicka cost increasing poisons for some added help.

Why not stam increase. It will increase their break free and dodge roll cost = deader faster.

Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds. These days it’s good to either front bar or backbar dw for rending slashes with st least one axe. If you use a 2H axe that works also and brawler is decent.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody needs Oblivion damage to kill a Sorc:

DKs can annoy them with root spam and wing flapping while pressuring them with Whip. Finally kill them with a Leap! They can also use Fossilize + Meteor combo.

Nightblades can burst them down with Incap and all their other cheese before the Sorc even knows what's happening. Mag blades can annoy them by cloaking in and out until their Assassin's Will gimmick is ready

Wardens can overwhelm them with a well timed Sub + Dawnbreaker combo. Shimmering Shield will keep Sorcs off your back until DB is ready.

Templars can pressure them with Jabs and bleeds while waiting for Power of the Light to finish them off. Don't forget that Eclipse is really annoying to Sorcs.

Sorcs, of course, can kill other Sorcs easily with Curse + Meteor + Rune Cage combo. Killing other Sorcs is one of the few things Sorcs are any good for, although the fights can go on a long time if both Sorcs spam Harness.

There is absolutely NO reason Shield Breaker even needs to be in the game... Sorcs are the EASIEST class to kill!

#CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are the EASIEST class to kill!

I´m coold with being a bit biased towards your own class but let´s not go this far shall we?
    Sorcs, of course, can kill other Sorcs easily with Curse + Meteor + Rune Cage combo.

Anyone who isn´t build to tank a lot of damage will RIP with this combo, not only sorcs.

An experienced sorc will not have any issues sustaining their stamina.

I´m by no means implying all tools a sorc has is OP. But mag-sorcs has some similarities to stamblades, where you can go with 2 regen/sustain sets and still dish out good/decent damage.
    Edited by Qbiken on June 20, 2018 1:40PM
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

I´m coold with being a bit biased towards your own class but let´s not go this far shall we?
    Sorcs, of course, can kill other Sorcs easily with Curse + Meteor + Rune Cage combo.

Anyone who isn´t build to tank a lot of damage will RIP with this combo, not only sorcs.

I´m by no means implying all tools a sorc has is OP. But mag-sorcs has some similarities to stamblades, where you can go with 2 regen/sustain sets and still dish out good/decent damage.
    lol just need 1 regen set. I can hit 4k recovery with only 1 recovry glyph and get potion+capture buff
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Bleeds. These days it’s good to either front bar or backbar dw for rending slashes with st least one axe. If you use a 2H axe that works also and brawler is decent.

people say use bleeds but why? they dont work against shields i though
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭

bad sorcs yes, but many good sorcs can manage stam np
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swimguy wrote: »

They will do damage to the shield, but I´ve yet to see a bleed-build out DPS a decent magsorcs and his/her shields.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

DKs can annoy them with root spam and wing flapping while pressuring them with Whip. Finally kill them with a Leap! They can also use Fossilize + Meteor combo.

Nightblades can burst them down with Incap and all their other cheese before the Sorc even knows what's happening. Mag blades can annoy them by cloaking in and out until their Assassin's Will gimmick is ready

Wardens can overwhelm them with a well timed Sub + Dawnbreaker combo. Shimmering Shield will keep Sorcs off your back until DB is ready.

Templars can pressure them with Jabs and bleeds while waiting for Power of the Light to finish them off. Don't forget that Eclipse is really annoying to Sorcs.

Sorcs, of course, can kill other Sorcs easily with Curse + Meteor + Rune Cage combo. Killing other Sorcs is one of the few things Sorcs are any good for, although the fights can go on a long time if both Sorcs spam Harness.

There is absolutely NO reason Shield Breaker even needs to be in the game... Sorcs are the EASIEST class to kill!

This post is a little over-sensationalized, magsorcs are not the "easiest class to kill" but they can be killed without oblivion damage. Anyone claiming they need oblivion damage to kill a magsorc is lost hope and AP fodder.

Shields used to be stronger in PvP before the 50% size nerf, bleeds also used to not work against shields either. Shields also used to last a lot longer than 6 seconds.

Apply your DoTs wait until the sorc casts its shields and goes on the offense, count to 6 and CC with burst. Rinse and repeat until the sorc dies. DoTs themselves won't kill a shield user, you're just using them to continuously assist breaking down the shields values, while your burst takes down HP. Shields only last 6 seconds so this means a magsorc cannot wait 20 seconds before recasting shields being broken down by DoTs, and must recast the shields prematurely to ensure they don't get insta-gibbed.

You can't just be a medium armor sniper with 19K HP in all divines and hope to beat every sorc farming baddies.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's actually not true. I have to stack 2 dmg setss to even do dmg. And no I cannot come close to sustaining against good players with that. A magblade can run lich and a tanky set and still do 10-12k assassin wills. At best a sorcs frag will hit 5k with 2 regen sets
    Edited by Micah_Bayer on June 20, 2018 2:33PM
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other than using sloads and shieldbreaker and usual oblivion damage how do i counter damage shields? Apparently being a Damage Dealer whos 100% crit/resistant debuff immune as well as 10k damage mitigation all from 1 spammable skill is completely balanced. I constantly find myself barely scratching a good sorcs shields so how do I hurt shield stackers?

You deal with it by becoming a better player. You said in another thread you're a new player, therefore absolutely don't expect to deal with sorcs who have mastered their class and have been playing for years, it's not happening. If you think it's a gear issue, it's not. You're being outplayed in most cases.

Also why don't you post your full build? Let's take a look at what you're running. Spare no detail.
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭

lol shieldbreaker sucks...

They will do damage to the shield, but I´ve yet to see a bleed-build out DPS a decent magsorcs and his/her shields.

well then maybe another dot would but im running sword n boaord and hate to give tht

That's actually not true. I have to stack 2 dmg setss to even do dmg. And no I cannot come close to sustaining against good players with that. A magblade can run lich and a tanky set and still do 10-12k assassin wills. At best a sorcs frag will hit 5k with 2 regen sets
    OdinForge wrote: »

This post is a little over-sensationalized, magsorcs are not the "easiest class to kill" but they can be killed without oblivion damage. Anyone claiming they need oblivion damage to kill a magsorc is lost hope and AP fodder.

Shields used to be stronger in PvP before the 50% size nerf, bleeds also used to not work against shields either. Shields also used to last a lot longer than 6 seconds.

Apply your DoTs wait until the sorc casts its shields and goes on the offense, count to 6 and CC with burst. Rinse and repeat until the sorc dies. DoTs themselves won't kill a shield user, you're just using them to continuously assist breaking down the shields values, while your burst takes down HP. Shields only last 6 seconds so this means a magsorc cannot wait 20 seconds before recasting shields being broken down by DoTs, and must recast the shields prematurely to ensure they don't get insta-gibbed.

You can't just be a medium armor sniper with 19K HP in all divines and hope to beat every sorc farming baddies.

lol k

when did i say i was a medium armor sniper? I use heavy bro....

but really though they can cast shield before 6 seconds which is generally the case. I dont want a flat numbers nerf I just think that fighting shielded users should be more about skill than luck......stunning a good sorc when shields are down is more about luck than skill because you have to rely on the sorc not shielding soon enough rather than taking it away and stunning. Thats because the way Global Cool Down works the only way (on classes that dont have set up burst like sorcs n curse, or wardens n shalks) to do this is fully charged heavy+ultimate... sounds like healthy counter play for a spammable non ult. Majority of mag arent bad but some have massive shields paired with either crazy damage or crazy healing. once you fight a player with a shield you know you cant break it just comepletely ruins that BG or Tel var farming. If shields had a 1.5 second CD that be balanced as ***. about .5 seconds to get burst in between s

You deal with it by becoming a better player. You said in another thread you're a new player, therefore absolutely don't expect to deal with sorcs who have mastered their class and have been playing for years, it's not happening. If you think it's a gear issue, it's not. You're being outplayed in most cases.

Also why don't you post your full build? Let's take a look at what you're running. Spare no detail.

stamdk with velidreth medium shacklebreaker and viper front bar sword n board (poison damage glyph and sometimes double dot poisons, rather not run resource drain poison), asylum 2h (nirn oblivion dmg glyph). Ive been told viper sucks but i really dont know what to replace it with.

• King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stunning a good sorc when shields are down is more about luck than skill

2ckhyl.gif
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    but really though they can cast shield before 6 seconds which is generally the case. I dont want a flat numbers nerf I just think that fighting shielded users should be more about skill than luck......stunning a good sorc when shields are down is more about luck than skill because you have to rely on the sorc not shielding soon enough rather than taking it away and stunning. Thats because the way Global Cool Down works the only way (on classes that dont have set up burst like sorcs n curse

Therein lies the problem with your approach, a magsorc cannot constantly cast shields before their 6 second expiration, if they are also planning on killing you. It is hard to kill a sorc that's in turtle mode but the sorc also isn't making any direct progress in killing you either, because he cannot make any worthwhile attack combination while stacking. In reality you are just burning through all your resources by not waiting for the correct window, and the sorc will stop stacking and kill you after.

Killing a magsorc by luck used to the reality in 2015, but with 6 second shields you just need to be patient. You either get the sorc to chase you and turn around and get them with their shields down, or you keep yourself defended and rotate whatever burst you have around that 6 second window while the sorc is attacking you and isn't actively refreshing shields.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stamdk with velidreth medium shacklebreaker and viper front bar sword n board (poison damage glyph and sometimes double dot poisons, rather not run resource drain poison), asylum 2h (nirn oblivion dmg glyph). Ive been told viper sucks but i really dont know what to replace it with.

- Alright, first of all Viper is trash, get rid of that ASAP. Replace it with Bone Pirate (use dubious, not the new one since it's bugged). Redguard or Argonian are preferred choices for a stam DK.

- Medium shackle can be good, go for at least 2 heavy pieces. I generally prefer heavy reinforced chest and heavy impene leg, all big pieces tri-glyph, small can go stam.

- If you want more damage and overall power, consider truth set and get tactician passive in the CPs. You will also have exploiter next to it so that combo with truth will give you a MASSIVE damage boost versus anyone. This synergizes nicely in 5 med, 2 heavy setup due to other weapon damage bonuses and better capability to dodge.

So truth + BP + monster set is a nice starting point if you're going for max damage with some sustain.

- S/B is not good for killing sorcs, you want 2h or alternatively Dual Wield, but that's more for duels though.

S/B should be used for tanking, like shown here, buffing up since you're tankier there and have higher chance of not getting into trouble while doing so, and perhaps maybe debuffing (reverb etc. due to defile meta).

The way that I dispatched all sorcs easy on my Stam DK was to lay out a ton of DOTs and keep pounding with big hitters like Dizzying.

Here's an example here, the sorc is literally unable to go on the offensive, barely. This also CCs them almost on a cooldown so if they got no good stam management, dodge capabilities, it's GG & Goodbye.

In my experience this is how almost all sorc fights looked when I was on the stam DK, they had no chance and whenever I read comments by players how they can't kill sorcs, I can't help but absolutely laugh, it's a pure L2P issue.

The DOTs look like this; Crit Rush (snare morph) + venomous + noxious + dawnbreaker + merciless from 2h VMA sword (axe works good too for the bleed) and when you got all of that going on for you, all you have to do is break the shield with Dizzying, the DOTs will slowly eat them down, or in reverse, they'll decrease the shield strength to basically nothing while you keep pumpin' with that Dizzying.

Also, as I said before, s/b stam DKs don't generally perform well here, the skill combos I showed you works much better vs sorcs (and mag dks, just put reverb backbar on s/b).

So don't just go and play what every other stam dk nub is playing nowadays, keep experimenting and make your own unique builds, you'll surprise a lot of sorcs with it for sure. ;)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    their not going to answer you with truth on this subject, just like ingame they are going to run around and around and around with you on this subject.
    they cast shields before the 6 seconds are up, there is no "window" as they claim. IF there is, then yes, it was iether luck or accident or lagg or they lapsed and missed casting shield on 8 seconds instead of 5 because they were trying to burst you down.

EDIT:
    oh and by the way, they will constantly tell people the following,

"it's your build thats making you weak and unable to kill a sorc, tell me your build, and let me make your build for you"

and

"if you cant kill a sorc now in these days then you are just bad"

they have allways said things like that since beta 2013, and thier build ideas are allways just not any good.
    you are not bad player, they just cant loose and they will do / say anything to win win win.
    make your own build that you are comfortable with, and try to ignore their insults.

Edited by Gilvoth on June 20, 2018 5:10PM
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    qqqqq qqq qqqqq qq qqqqqq qqq qqqqq qqqqq qq qqqq qqqqqq, qqqq qqqq qqqqqq qqqq qqq qqqqq qq qqq qqqqq qqq qqqqqq qqq qqqqq qqqq qqq qq qqqqq qqqqqq.
    qqqq qqqq qqqqqq qqqqq qqq q qqqqqq qqq qq, qqqqq qq qq "qqqqqq" qq qqqq qqqqq. qq qqqqq qq, qqqq qqq, qq qqq qqqqq qqqq qq qqqqqq qqq qqqqq qq qqqq qqqqqq qqq qqqqqqq qqqqqqq qqqqqqq qq q qqqqqqqq qqqqqqqq qq q qqqqqqqq qqqq qqqq qqqqq qq qqq qqq qqqqq.

EDIT:
    qq qqqq qq qqq qqq, qqqq qqqq qqqqqqqq qqqq qqqqqq qqq qqqqqqq,

"qqq qqqq qqqqq qqqqq qqqqqq qqq qqqq qqq qqqqq qq qqqq q qqqq, qqqq qq qqqq qqqqq, qqq qqq qq qqqq qqqq qqqqq qqq qqq"

and

"qq qqq qqqq qqqq q qqqq qqqq qq qqqqq qqqq qqqq you are just bad"

qqqq qqqq qqqqqq qqqq qqqqq qqqq qqqq qqqqq qqqq qqqq, qqq qqqqq qqqqq qqqqq qqq qqqqq qqqq qqq qqq qqqq.
    qqq qqq qqq qqq qqqq, qqqq qqqq qqqq qqqq qqq qqqq qqq qq / qqq qqqqqqqqq qq qqq qqq qqq.
    qqqq qqqq qqq qqqqq qqqq qqq qqq qqqqqqqq qqqq, qqq qqq qq qqqqqq qqqqq qqqqqqq.

Fixed that whining for you. You either want to learn how to play the game, or continue crying about being outplayed.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qqqqq qqq qqqqq qq qqqqqq qqq qqqqq qqqqq qq qqqq qqqqqq, qqqq qqqq qqqqqq qqqq qqq qqqqq qq qqq qqqqq qqq qqqqqq qqq qqqqq qqqq qqq qq qqqqq qqqqqq.
    qqqq qqqq qqqqqq qqqqq qqq q qqqqqq qqq qq, qqqqq qq qq "qqqqqq" qq qqqq qqqqq. qq qqqqq qq, qqqq qqq, qq qqq qqqqq qqqq qq qqqqqq qqq qqqqq qq qqqq qqqqqq qqq qqqqqqq qqqqqqq qqqqqqq qq q qqqqqqqq qqqqqqqq qq q qqqqqqqq qqqq qqqq qqqqq qq qqq qqq qqqqq.

EDIT:

"qqq qqqq qqqqq qqqqq qqqqqq qqq qqqq qqq qqqqq qq qqqq q qqqq, qqqq qq qqqq qqqqq, qqq qqq qq qqqq qqqq qqqqq qqq qqq"

and

qqqq qqqq qqqqqq qqqq qqqqq qqqq qqqq qqqqq qqqq qqqq, qqq qqqqq qqqqq qqqqq qqq qqqqq qqqq qqq qqq qqqq.
    qqq qqq qqq qqq qqqq, qqqq qqqq qqqq qqqq qqq qqqq qqq qq / qqq qqqqqqqqq qq qqq qqq qqq.
    qqqq qqqq qqq qqqqq qqqq qqq qqq qqqqqqqq qqqq, qqq qqq qq qqqqqq qqqqq qqqqqqq.

Fixed that whining for you. You either want to learn how to play the game, or continue crying about being outplayed.

I've seen him on every sorcerer post just complaining..Goodness..of you cannot beat a sorcerer these days...How do you win against other classes? Shield stacking is not that hard to bypass.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

EDIT:

and

I've seen him on every sorcerer post just complaining..Goodness..of you cannot beat a sorcerer these days...How do you win against other classes? Shield stacking is not that hard to bypass.

He's also in every Sload's thread claiming that Sload's isn't over-performing against solo players, and that solo players shouldn't be able to win against less skilled players that outnumber them. He is also trying to pretend he is a solo player and doesn't have an issue with Sload's, which makes no sense because he's essentially admitting to getting farmed 24/7.

He's a literal contradiction.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT:

and

He's also in every Sload's thread claiming that Sload's isn't over-performing against solo players, and that solo players shouldn't be able to win against less skilled players that outnumber them. He is also trying to pretend he is a solo player and doesn't have an issue with Sload's, which makes no sense because he's essentially admitting to getting farmed 24/7.

He's a literal contradiction.

I think we know what time of game he wants. You know the type that takes no skill, win by numbers.
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That qq re-quote is a gem
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    their not going to answer you with truth on this subject, just like ingame they are going to run around and around and around with you on this subject.
    they cast shields before the 6 seconds are up, there is no "window" as they claim. IF there is, then yes, it was iether luck or accident or lagg or they lapsed and missed casting shield on 8 seconds instead of 5 because they were trying to burst you down.

EDIT:
    oh and by the way, they will constantly tell people the following,

"it's your build thats making you weak and unable to kill a sorc, tell me your build, and let me make your build for you"

and

"if you cant kill a sorc now in these days then you are just bad"

they have allways said things like that since beta 2013, and thier build ideas are allways just not any good.
    you are not bad player, they just cant loose and they will do / say anything to win win win.
    make your own build that you are comfortable with, and try to ignore their insults.

Very well said.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

(attempting to quote @dwemer_paleologist): qqqqq qqq qqqqq qq qqqqqq qqq qqqqq qqqqq qq qqqq qqqqqq, qqqq qqqq qqqqqq qqqq qqq qqqqq qq qqq qqqqq qqq qqqqqq qqq qqqqq qqqq qqq qq qqqqq qqqqqq.

EDIT:

and

The letter 'q' on your keyboard apparently got stuck. Perhaps it's time for a new keyboard?
    Edited by Maryal on June 21, 2018 11:46PM
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    to the haters i fixed my build. figured id stop running whats fun and run whats op. rocking 3.4k stam recov front bar 3.9 backbar and 4k wpn, 4.5 with backbar enchant 19k hp in pvp 35k stam.