The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZOS Your Console Maintenance Didn't Fix ***! (PS4 NA)

• Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one freeze and no crashes on ps4 pro with ssd drive while playing last night.

Gameplay was horrible, back to 2+ second delay in skills going off with only 20-30 people fighting, often less. Very low framerate and laggy.

Game was much more responsive before patch but constant freezing.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frozen twice within 5 minutes , this is just unplayable
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've concluded ZOS doesn't give *** about us
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    Jaavaa wrote: »
    I believe they broke their own game so hard, they don’t know what is the issue atm.
    Based on no fix yesterday, and no specific statement addressing perma-freezing yet today, I'm inclined to agree. It's just like last year, two weeks in with no statement, and probably another 2-3 weeks until it's fixed.

:disappointed:

yeah, the silence is definitely telling...a lot of really good, talented folks work at zenimax...

however, their management team most certainly has some issues...

either they are unable to successfully develop, test, and deploy - or, they are aware of the issues that will arise and have simply made a business decision to deploy anyways...

Edit: I'm not sure which of those scenarios is more troubling: incompentance or greed...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 21, 2018 8:30PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    dotme wrote: »
    I believe they broke their own game so hard, they don’t know what is the issue atm.
    Based on no fix yesterday, and no specific statement addressing perma-freezing yet today, I'm inclined to agree. It's just like last year, two weeks in with no statement, and probably another 2-3 weeks until it's fixed.

:disappointed:

yeah, the silence is definitely telling...a lot of really good, talented folks work at zenimax...

however, their management team most certainly has some issues...

either they are unable to successfully develop, test, and deploy - or, they are aware of the issues that will arise and have simply made a business decision to deploy anyways...

Edit: I'm not sure which of those scenarios is more troubling: incompentance or greed...

Well incompetence can be fixed, greed only gets worse...
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for those not good at connecting the dots, things have only got worse since release.

Constantly and consistently worse patch after patch after patch
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm posting this during a reboot from a crash on xbox one. Patch stopped the stuttering freezes that recover and just made them crashing freezes that you have to reboot the game to fix
    Edited by DrSweetazz on June 22, 2018 5:34AM
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    And another crash literally 3 minutes later....
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this could be make or break for a lot of players
  • Jaavaa
    Jaavaa
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Problem are maybe the Server? Most of Time there are Mass freezes. All Ppl around you in Cyro freezes, maybe 2-3 ppl not. They 2-3 ppl kill all others then, gain massive AP with this Scenario. This is nearly cheating @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • keepero
    keepero
    ✭✭
    @Jaavaa definitely cheating zos bears no blame nothing to see here
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Problem are maybe the Server? Most of Time there are Mass freezes. All Ppl around you in Cyro freezes, maybe 2-3 ppl not. They 2-3 ppl kill all others then, gain massive AP with this Scenario. This is nearly cheating @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno

Lol it's not nearly cheating, not the players fault they didn't freeze I mean what do you expect then to do , just sit down and have a cup of tea
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing worse than freezing and still get lethal arrowed health desync'd. You look at this and tell me if pvp hasn't been neglected HARD by zos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll2bsNvChcQ
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »

Lol yep that's about right, PvP is just unplayable
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my God. Are you actually serious? I played in Cyrodiil same day after the patch. Things were going pretty smoothly (in the sense that no one had frozen yet or gotten a completely random load screen while mounted — performance overall wasn’t great by any means).

Towards the end of my play session, we started attacking a blue keep. We were doing okay, until roughly 75% of us (and most of the blues) froze up completely and had to close down ESO. I was one of the lucky ones who didn’t freeze and I can GUARANTEE you I was not cheating. It actually took me a second or two to realize what was happening, as people were cutting in and out of group chat.
    Edited by Aurielle on June 22, 2018 9:19AM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

Oh my God. Are you actually serious? I played in Cyrodiil same day after the patch. Things were going pretty smoothly (in the sense that no one had frozen yet or gotten a completely random load screen while mounted — performance overall wasn’t great by any means).

Towards the end of my play session, we started attacking a blue keep. We were doing okay, until roughly 75% of us (and most of the blues) froze up completely and had to close down ESO. I was one of the lucky ones who didn’t freeze and I can GUARANTEE you I was not cheating. It actually took me a second or two to realize what was happening, as people were cutting in and out of group chat.

Don't worry it's not cheating , sadly I've been on the bad side of this but if I wasn't hell sure I would go kill everyone
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

Don't worry it's not cheating , sadly I've been on the bad side of this but if I wasn't hell sure I would go kill everyone

Seriously. Some people are SO quick to accuse others of cheating when performance-related issues occur. When you’re in the thick of battle, and the person you’re fighting freezes, you don’t always register what has happened — especially when you’re applying stuns. You don’t always see stun animations when performance is as bad as it has been lately. I’m not going to stop fighting someone to figure out if it’s the crappy performance that has resulted in a freeze for that player, or if that player is just out of stamina and can’t break free.

“Nearly cheating.” Ell-oh-ell.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA elite console; 3 screen freezes in 20 minutes at @7:15pm central.. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZoS_AnyoneThere? @ZoS_Help!@ZoS_WtfWiththeFreezing? @ZoS_GetGudDept
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing worse than freezing and still get lethal arrowed health desync'd. You look at this and tell me if pvp hasn't been neglected HARD by zos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll2bsNvChcQ

PC NA is in no better state, we may not be getting the freezing like that video shows anymore but invisible enemies and health desync happens constantly.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just encountered 3 loading screens while in the rawlka outlaw refuge. Lol
    Broken game is broken. PS4
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well these are short and straight to the point. This has been my experience too in Vivec for PS4 NA since Summerset dropped.

I did play for 20 mins last night and it did seem a little better than pre-patch, but if these videos were taken since Wednesday's update, clearly something's still very wrong.

In 3+ years of playing, I've seen plenty of blue-screen crash-to-dashboards and long/endless load screens - this perma-freezing is new though. Almost as if the game client is pausing to load assets instead of doing it in the background.

Could we please get some kind of update from our community managers @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom on progress and an ETA? In many ways, the game is smoother than it was (no horse-slowdowns for no reason, for example) but these freezes are a real buzzkill. At this point, a sticky at the top of the forum for updates (like we had with last November's load screens) would be appreciated I think.
    PS4NA