The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best Role for the Warden Class

MerlinPendragon
MerlinPendragon
✭✭✭✭
Hey folks –

I have been debating on creating a Warden for my next character, but before I did that, I wanted to pose the question: What role do you believe best fits the Warden class?

In example, what I see as the general consensus as “best role fit” for other classes is that Sorcerers and Nightblades lend themselves to being DPS based, Dragonknight skills lead them to being tanks and Templar’s greatest class strength is in their healing. Now those are obviously broad generalizations that I am sure folks can debate, but when trying to answer this same question for the Warden class – my senses are leading me all over the place. Are the Warden’s greatest strength to queue up as tanks? Healers? Stam DPS? Mage DPS? Hybird? Please weigh in with some thoughts.

The purpose of me asking this is that I usually try to do some planning for what I want my character to end up as before I move forward with creation. If anyone wanted to share any guides/templates/builds they’re using, I would gladly look into it.

Thank you in advance for the help 

Best Role for the Warden Class 35 votes

Magicka DPS
2%
Ahnog 1 vote
Stamina DPS
11%
tony.keetsb16_ESOPwrecaptainpostFearAndPatching 4 votes
Tank
28%
GuppetHaquormonkeypunchCerboltWhite wabbitNarvuntienBighitsPriyasekarssk_Ahala_arishok33 10 votes
Healer / Support
14%
Taleof2CitiesKhumbuBallcapMinarasLaureCocobunhun 5 votes
Hybrid - DPS/Tank
2%
C0pp3r 1 vote
Hybrid - DPS/Healer
2%
Harbinger_GR 1 vote
Hybird - Tank/Healer
37%
PhelaenVaohhakanmocapWepsVisceralSinIskaruWildRaptorXhuschdeguddzjetsarkascheyAaronEHd3adkidReistoph 13 votes
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on player and group.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me the warden is a Jack of all trades - master of none. So its great at all but other classes will be better in that specific role. But i think wardens healing/ tanking are really good.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tank
    I have heard a lot of good things about the Warden Tank.

Warden Healer is also quite good but a definite second to Templar.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hybird - Tank/Healer
    - hybrid for premades (dungeons and PvP);
    - tank or healer for PUGs;
    - tank for trials;

upd: i actually enjoy stamina warden DD (heavy crit kitten) while questing. Sub Assault as combat opener, then Shrouded Daggers or Acid Spray (depending on mood, lol) and BAM - insta death from 35k+ DPS )
    Edited by mocap on June 22, 2018 6:53AM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hybird - Tank/Healer
    ive always heard that they are great tanks with off heals.

For pvp they are really powerful.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They belong in pvp, pve may shun wardens but we will give them a place of honor.
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps I should have added PVP as an option.

I appreciate all of the responses so far. Would love to get some more votes before I make my ultimate decision.