The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

can't log in on PS4 NA server since 8 hours.

DocDova
DocDova
✭✭✭
It seems I can't go beyond character selection screen on PS4 NA. It always sends me out saying 'can't connect to game server, please check if you have valid internet connection'. I tried it with both internet connection I got. Otherwise net is working ok.

My ID is same as forum one. I can see the announcement but I am on console
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to log on about an hour ago. I am on PS4 NA.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    OK, downloaded and installed the patch, I still can't go beyond character selection screen. I am unable to log in to game server or last 33 hours, It always logs me out with this message.

Unable to connect to game server, please make sure you have a valid internet connection'

I have tried it with both internet connections I have, same result. Otherwise both connections are working fine.

Would someone please look into it and solve this please ?

• DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    OK, it seems after summerset update there were two logo of ESO on my playstation screen (one was from disc in drive), I tried with other logo and it started 20.73 GB update file.

Could it be responsible somehow ?
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Guys, This problem persist for me. I have latest version But still I can't play the game, all 4 attempts to login into game server failed for me in last 10 minutes. Though like until 1 hour ago, I was able to play for 2 hours without any problem.

3 out of 4 times, I stuck on character selection screen with 'loading character...' for 25-30 seconds and then I was sent back to first screen with following message

'Unable to connect to game server, please make sure you have a valid internet connection'
    (My internet is working fine and providing me with 8-10 Mbps speed)

and Once I wasn't even able to go to character selection screen.

Please look into this and resolve it.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Almost 60 hour now :banghead:, It's damn hot outside (can't go out), I don't watch TV (not even a cable connection for a decade now). I Just have 2 laptops, one desktop, one PS4 and one TV (for PS4) for entertainment in my room. I was totally invested in the game, So all of a sudden I have nothing to do. I am a loose canon on internet, Taking pot shots at vegans, Debunking religious scriptures hundreds of millions of people believe in, taking stand against pseudo science like multiverse/ no boundaries proposal.

All this when I am holding 99% of myself back and now I am thinking about writing few pages on 'how Atlantic slave trade destroyed lives/economies/social structure and to this day creating problems' from a scratch. So before anybody puts a hit on me, Please stop me by restoring my game.
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried to login, got Summerset loading screen after character selection. Kicked to the login screen "Error: 303 Connection to the server has been lost." My son is sitting right next to me playing fortnite and streaming a video. They finally balanced something, the steam login issues with console players.
    Edited by Diminish on June 21, 2018 5:31PM
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what's wrong But I still can't log in to game server.

I have game disc in PS4 disc drive and two icons of ESO on playstation screen. Both are showing 102 GB space on disc and updated to latest patch.

I tried with both, With two different internet connections just now and result was same. I never moved past character loading screen, it always showed 'requesting character load...' and I never reached to next screen and was always sent to first screen with following message.

'Unable to connect to game server, please make sure you have a valid internet connection'

I really hate to bug people, I guess I won't be posting again on the issue. But it's completely broken for me and I can't play it.

• imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you logged in to your PSN that is active or linked to ESO?
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭

Yes and It was always linked with ESO. I can't understand what changed in last 4 days But I didn't do anything.

• imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocDova wrote: »

Yes and It was always linked with ESO. I can't understand what changed in last 4 days But I didn't do anything.

Is your PSN account suspended or banned?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Almost 60 hour now :banghead:, It's damn hot outside (can't go out), I don't watch TV (not even a cable connection for a decade now). I Just have 2 laptops, one desktop, one PS4 and one TV (for PS4) for entertainment in my room. I was totally invested in the game, So all of a sudden I have nothing to do. I am a loose canon on internet, Taking pot shots at vegans, Debunking religious scriptures hundreds of millions of people believe in, taking stand against pseudo science like multiverse/ no boundaries proposal.

All this when I am holding 99% of myself back and now I am thinking about writing few pages on 'how Atlantic slave trade destroyed lives/economies/social structure and to this day creating problems' from a scratch. So before anybody puts a hit on me, Please stop me by restoring my game.

• DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭

Is your PSN account suspended or banned?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Nope, It would have said so via e mail or when I log in, But everything is working fine. Just added PSN free games for month in my library yesterday.

It can't be a fault on ISP part ? As I tried with two different ISP and both time same thing happened.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    IMG_20180622_125651.jpg
    IMG_20180622_125655.jpg
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    same thing happened to me last night several times. For the couple of mins I did actually load into the game it was extremely laggy and impossible to play

one of the gerbils they have running the servers must have died
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    same thing happened to me last night several times. For the couple of mins I did actually load into the game it was extremely laggy and impossible to play

one of the gerbils they have running the servers must have died

It's completely broken for me in present state, since I started this thread I only been able to login like twice during 2 hours window (It worked nicely during those 2 hours) but other than that It's same error message on every try. Must have tried at least few dozen times.

I would have blamed it on ISP if everything else wasn't working fine, is it possible that they can selectively disable ESO server ? But then again I tried it with two different ISP.

• dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have blamed it on ISP if everything else wasn't working fine, is it possible that they can selectively disable ESO server ? But then again I tried it with two different ISP.
    The two icons is a bit troubling. I think you're probably experiencing somthing unique to your setup since the forums would be flooded if many PS4 users couldn't log in. I'm on PS4 NA and have no trouble logging in. Avoiding perma-freezes is a whole other story... but anyway, here's what I would do in your position.

1) I know you said you had two ISPs, but do you also have two routers? If yes, move on. If no, try swapping the router out or doing a factory reset on it and setting it back up.

2) If you're on WiFi, try running ethernet just as a test to eliminate the PS4 WiFi or signal as a possible cause

3) Delete the PS4 SAVE file (not the game)
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36158/~/how-do-i-delete-the-elder-scrolls-save-data-on-console

4) Then rebuild the PS4 Database
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuGjE8hmusw

5) If still having trouble or seeing two icons at that point, I'd blow away the whole game, reinstall from disk, then re-download the latest update.

PS4NA
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot @dotme
    Not sure whether It would work or not, biggest concern I had about deleting game data was downloading it again, I have like 10 MBps connection, I would take lot of time to download again.

My second ISP is mobile internet, I turn on hotspot on mobile and play the game, if fiber connection was down, I use LAN cable instead of wifi on PS4.

I would try to follow your advise (it won't delete my game save I guess), I will do delete save file and rebuild PS4 database right now. If it doesn't work, Would try step 5.

Thanks a lot for taking so much time to help me, If it works, So many people would be so much happy.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    would you believe that there are two icons in application saved data for ESO. When I uploaded them to online storage, one of them had previous backup of like 6/12/2017, or first week of me playing ESO.

I actually brought morrowind first from PSN store, without owning base game (digital/disc) and after one week they showed me a message where they said I need to buy base game to continue playing, Since it was like 30-40 $ and I could have gotten a disc for like 10 $, I brought the disc. Probably game files were downloaded during that one week But since I never paid for it digitally, they weren't utilized and when I preordered summerset, it also included base game and somehow it all got activated again.

Meanwhile database rebuild completed and I still see two icons, SO I will be brave enough and delete digital game icon, Both shows same 102.9 GB space on disc and version 1.36.

If everything goes fine, we will take the credit and if it doesn't work, I will blame Zenimax and my ISP.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    Still same problem, It seems there is no other choice than to delete second icon as well and redownload the patch plus morrowind plus summerset.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch - And the database rebuild didn't work, and trying an ethernet connection didn't work either? That's crazy... Well, the good news is that if you reinstall the base game from disk, there should be only one download from ZOS. But I really hope that fixes it, or I don't know what else to suggest.

:disappointed:

Good luck
    PS4NA
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    my PS4 was always connected via ethernet cable to fibernet. deleted both and now downloading latest patch. It's about 63+GB to download which would take almost a day if I get full 10 MBps speed.

Will report back to you in this thread in 24 hours. Hopefully this works otherwise there is nothing more we can do from our end.

You been a great help.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    @dotme
    Downloaded 63 gb of update, deleted saved game data again on ps4 and rebuild database again and still same problem persists. :Banghead: :banghead2: :banghead3:.

Now we are out of options. To be honest if it had worked I would have asked zos for consultancy fee for both of us.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I have done everything I could. It's time for you to take charge and solve this. It's out of my expertise, it's 5th day of this problem. Game is totally broken for me, plz do something.

Kindly at least acknowledge problem and solve this. If it had happened at start of game then I would have stepped out, but I have invested too much hours to walk out now.

I tried everything at my end before bugging developers again, but I am out of options now.
    Edited by DocDova on June 23, 2018 10:10AM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man, sorry none of that worked out. At least you have a fresh clean install with one icon now. I'm assuming your network doesn't share a single router to the two ISPs? Just for giggles, have you thought about taking your PS4 to a friend's house (or other family member) and seeing if you can log in from there? If that doesn't work, then I agree the burden is on ZOS to examine your account in detail. Keep emailing back in response to their auto-reply if you open a ticket, and see if they can help. I imagine with Summerset and all the issues they have it may be a while before they can get to it though.
    PS4NA
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just took a look at past threads - do I understand that you can get as far as character selection, but then get kicked after choosing the character? If so, what happens if instead you make a new character as a test? Can you log in with that?

If the answer is yes, then it's definitely on ZOS side and you can include that info in your ticket - make it Character Stuck or something so they know it's not just a console connectivity issue...
    PS4NA
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    looks like right now I am able to log in, Let's see how long it lasts.

Don't know whether our trick worked or ZOS did something.

Yes I used to reach to character selection screen and then get kicked out.

I think we both are due consultancy fee, I would be happy with enough deconstruction able jewelry to make my main character reach level 50 in jewel crafting, after all last thing I was doing was running from dolmon to dolmon. I would have reached level 50 like 2 days ago. My Character is on jewel crafting level 36. You also think of something.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    As a reminder, This problem is not RESOLVED YET, I been playing ESO ever since with mobile internet, and ESO log me out of game whenever I receive any call longer than 15 seconds. What am I supposed to do ? ESO would always kick me out of server at character selection screen 100% of the time.

Other than for ESO, My Home internet connection is working fine for everything else. Like 40 days and this problem is still persisting with 100% accuracy, I can't update other application while playing as I get like only 2GB data/day on mobile internet, If I use home internet (with no data limit), I can't play ESO.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    I was in a dungeon with activity finder, Received a 20 second call, server through me out, By the time I logged back in (with slow load screens), group had kicked me out ( I didn't wasted a single second while logging back in), I didn't kill a single enemy in that instance and when I tried to find more activity, It says I used activity finder too early and I should wait for 10 more minutes.

Damn whose fault is this ? If you would just fix the problem where many members can't login on PS4 server with their home internet, this issue would resolve. But no, You won't unless it's completely broken and no one can play on PS4, SO I seriously wish It gets broken completely so then you would try to repair it.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I was unable to login to ESO server with my Broadband connection since June 19 and somehow was playing with my mobile internet provider's internet. Since yesterday, I can't login with mobile internet as well.

As I already mentioned numerous times, Broadband is working fine with everything else other than ESO (What they can do ? They will say internet is working fine) and same goes for mobile internet as well.

I am allowed to login to North American Server (on which I play), and I am kicked out EVERY TIME at character selection screen. Game is now 100% broken for me as I can't login to server with any internet service I have.

I went to 'Support' section of this site, But it's more like FAQs rather than where I can TYPE my problem, can't get in game ticket as I can't login.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GaryA
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I was unable to login to ESO server with my Broadband connection since June 19 and somehow was playing with my mobile internet provider's internet. Since yesterday, I can't login with mobile internet as well.

As I already mentioned numerous times, Broadband is working fine with everything else other than ESO (What they can do ? They will say internet is working fine) and same goes for mobile internet as well.

I am allowed to login to North American Server (on which I play), and I am kicked out EVERY TIME at character selection screen. Game is now 100% broken for me as I can't login to server with any internet service I have.

I went to 'Support' section of this site, But it's more like FAQs rather than where I can TYPE my problem, can't get in game ticket as I can't login.

Have you reinstalled your PS4 operation system software ?

and FYI, when receiving a Calls on your Mobile network your i-net connection is temporary interrupted so it is completely normal to get disconnects during phone calls.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »

Have you reinstalled your PS4 operation system software ?

and FYI, when receiving a Calls on your Mobile network your i-net connection is temporary interrupted so it is completely normal to get disconnects during phone calls.

I actually reinstalled entire game (100 gb takes like 40 hours on my connection), I don't receive many calls and during gameplay I won't pick (or let it even ring) unless it's really important (Which would be like once or twice during 12 hours of gameplay over days). after previous post I was been able to play with mobile internet before maintenance, I was able to login ok with 4 different characters for writs. I was once logged out when I tried to jump to different zone. Though I would confirm it when maintenance is completed. For now I am okay with status quo with playing on mobile internet, as hopefully a nationwide internet provider would provide better home connections in one or two months, So I am not much concerned about my current broadband ISP, As I would be leaving them.

If problem persist with new broadband connection as well, then I would give reinstating PS4 system software a go, But it's highly unlikely to be cause of problem as I can use PSN, game updates on either of internet connection, I still download my ESO update file with broadband only as they are big and my mobile internet data is limited to 1.5 gb/day. It's some technical issue, which is way beyond my non existent technical expertise. But for now, I am content with status quo where I can freely play my game on mobile internet.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    I am being able to play with mobile internet and I can load character and play mostly But jumping from one to other zone logs me out like 90% of the times.