The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

End-game Magicka Warden PvE DPS build [Summerset]

stileanima
stileanima
✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3RXRc_7PtI

Finally updated my build for Summerset. :)

Please feel free to ask me any questions if you've got them!
Platform: PC/NA
Guild: Calamity
Role: Healer/Damage Dealer

YouTube | Twitch
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!

And people say Magden is no good.....silly peoples. ;)
    Thanks for the build!!!
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »

Thanks for the build!!!

Actually what people say is that Magden's aren't great without the bear + Master Architect. With those two things their dps is known to be fairly good and comparable to a magsorc and magdk.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

Thanks for the build!!!

Actually what people say is that Magden's aren't great without the bear + Master Architect. With those two things their dps is known to be fairly good and comparable to a magsorc and magdk.

This exactly, I love the warden but feel pidgeonholed into the bear and MA/WM. i get that its a perfect fit but i like the option to use the Destro when needed. With MA/WM and the bear i get the dps requirements my guilds set.

But great video Stileanima :) very thorough
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Good video and very close to what I resulted in as well... I'm just not a fan of zaan because I don't like being pushed into melee for a little bit more dps.

The main pain points why people run magblades in asylum and cloudrest are mobility and self-healing. On all other classes you have to slot a skill to actually heal yourself, magblades get it passively in their normal trial toolkit.

I've used my mag warden in cloudrest this patch and it is fun, but it is simply harder to survive than on a magblade for example...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • d3adkid
    d3adkid
    ✭✭
    @stileanima Thanks for sharing this..
    I aspire to become a thin yet fat tank.
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    What add on are you using that has the ability timer?
    ✭✭✭✭
    S'rendarr (especially the filter tab -> Prominent Assignments.)
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    I've used my mag warden in cloudrest this patch and it is fun, but it is simply harder to survive than on a magblade for example...

Who else has tried this and how are they doing?
  • BackLotBasher
    BackLotBasher
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the video. I have a stamina warden, but I've also been bringing up a magicka warden in coop with some friends. Really like the pool of interesting spells. Maybe you can help...I wouldn't be anywhere near endgame for gear, and only around 200 CP. Am I still able to make this work for grinding through that part of the game?

Second, without access to this Master Architect gear, are there any crafted sets that offer some similar boosts, even if they aren't as good? I have a crafting alt with 8 (no nirhoned) traits in most categories.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In general you can run necropotence instead of MA, and you should be fine. It'll be a dps hit of course, but doesn't render the build useless or anything.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the build!!!

Still less DPS than every other class (magplars are parsing 49k this patch...), and no AOE ultimate or group utility (other than the major slayer which comes from a set, and not the class itself).

The class is still in a very bad place and needs some serious buffs. It's not useless, of course, but it's definitely the worst DPS class in the game.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 25, 2018 10:51AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the video. I have a stamina warden, but I've also been bringing up a magicka warden in coop with some friends. Really like the pool of interesting spells. Maybe you can help...I wouldn't be anywhere near endgame for gear, and only around 200 CP. Am I still able to make this work for grinding through that part of the game?

Second, without access to this Master Architect gear, are there any crafted sets that offer some similar boosts, even if they aren't as good? I have a crafting alt with 8 (no nirhoned) traits in most categories.

Necropotence + Julianos
  • BackLotBasher
    BackLotBasher
    ✭✭
    Still less DPS than every other class (magplars are parsing 49k this patch...), and no AOE ultimate or group utility (other than the major slayer which comes from a set, and not the class itself).

The class is still in a very bad place and needs some serious buffs. It's not useless, of course, but it's definitely the worst DPS class in the game.

Is the magplar a better overall class to use? I'm not really up on all the fine points of dps comparisons. I do have a magplar high elf that I haven't played for a bit. I seem to recall using it more as a healer.

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the magplar a better overall class to use? I'm not really up on all the fine points of dps comparisons. I do have a magplar high elf that I haven't played for a bit. I seem to recall using it more as a healer.

Magplar is not in a good place either, but it still parses higher than magden.

They're both much better healers than DPS.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 25, 2018 11:23AM
  • stileanima
    stileanima
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the build!!!

I'm curious where you are getting this Magplar number from to be honest and would love to see some screenshots. :) The only 49k parse I've seen is from Alcast on a 3mil target, who used the Lover mundus in that particular test, finishing off with over 17k penetration, and also no resources left (in short, not a sustainable rotation for trials). In my test, I had only 12k pen and demonstrated a sustainable rotation on a 6mil target, just for comparison.
    Edited by stileanima on June 25, 2018 12:49PM
    Platform: PC/NA
    Guild: Calamity
    Role: Healer/Damage Dealer

YouTube | Twitch
  • HoboSteveIrwin
    stileanima wrote: »

Thanks for the build!!!

I'm curious where you are getting this Magplar number from to be honest and would love to see some screenshots. :) The only 49k parse I've seen is from Alcast on a 3mil target, who used the Lover mundus in that particular test, finishing off with over 17k penetration, and also no resources left (in short, not a sustainable rotation for trials). In my test, I had only 12k pen and demonstrated a sustainable rotation on a 6mil target, just for comparison.

Out of his ass like most naysayers.

Awesome build and great parse by the way!
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    stileanima wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3RXRc_7PtI

Finally updated my build for Summerset. :)

Please feel free to ask me any questions if you've got them!

I've got a question, what kind of numbers would a lower cp (High elf warden cp450 for example) be able to achieve with Siroria/Necro or Mast. Arch/Necro without the vMA inferno staff, but the same skills and rotation as posted in video. Is 30k dps doable or would dropping Necro and replacing for BSW, Julianos, or Mech Acuity may yield better dps?
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've always advocated magden for pve. great stuff @stileanima thanks.
    pvp magden is another story though :)
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see you don’t recommend narieneths monster helm anymore. Is it not a viable choice?
    Argonian Master Race
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not to dig up and old thread but are you still finding issues with this? Surviving and all? Don't be shy, details are good!! ;)
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Not to dig up and old thread but are you still finding issues with this? Surviving and all? Don't be shy, details are good!! ;)

Problem is, as I said above, that you have to alter your rotation and drop a necessary skill to slot some healing on a warden. If I go downstairs for example, I have to use living trellis to survive there. On magblade, I have enough healing with funnel health and refreshing path, which dates not reduce my dps significantly. On any other class, sorc, dk, warden, templar, I have to slot something extra. This is one reason why nightblades are as good as they are in the newer trials.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem is, as I said above, that you have to alter your rotation and drop a necessary skill to slot some healing on a warden. If I go downstairs for example, I have to use living trellis to survive there. On magblade, I have enough healing with funnel health and refreshing path, which dates not reduce my dps significantly. On any other class, sorc, dk, warden, templar, I have to slot something extra. This is one reason why nightblades are as good as they are in the newer trials.

Ah ok, so its not much in that magden sucks but more so that magblade excels. I can live with that...maybe, lol! ;)