The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Bug?] Dual Wield and Enchants

SilverWF
SilverWF
✭✭✭✭✭
I was curious about enchants on 2w weapons and decided to test it, here is results:
Used gear:
Main hand - Infused dagger with Disease damage enchant
Off hand - Infused axe with Shock damage enchant
Monster set - Selene (procs on direct melee damage), it's procs was tested separately with weapons without enchants or passive effects (2 swords).

Light Attack - Able to proc both enchants on every hit, unmatter of visual effects (i.e. you are hitting with axe, but proccing dagger's enchant and vice versa) and special passive effects (like DOT from axe). Selene - works
Heavy Attack - The same as Light attack.

Bloodthrist (Flurry) - Procs only main hand enchant. For off hand - only effects of 2w passives, so only DOT for axe. Selene - didn't works, Flurry is 100% DOT.
Blood Craze (Twin Slashes) - Procs only off hand (!) enchant and special passive effect. Selene - works
Steel Tornado (Whirlwind) - Procs only main hand enchant. For off hand - only effects of 2w passives. Selene - didn't works, counts as ranged?
Deadly Cloak (Blade Cloak) - Procs only main hand enchant. No special passive effect for off hand from passives tho. Selene - works
Flying Blade and Hidden Blade - Procs only main hand enchant. For off hand - only effects of 2w passives. Selene - didn't works, this is ranged skill.

Separately were tested some non-damage enchants: Weapon/Spell damage buff and debuff, Resists debuff, Damage shield. They all are working in the same way as damage enchants, but only Weapon/Spell damage buff enchant works different - it procs only at light and heavy attacks!

So, why do I think there is a bug: 2w skills must have a chance to proc both weapons enchants. All of them!
What do you think: does it bug or intended?
@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - please, some clarification needed.

Side result: Disease damage enchant able to proc Selene on any weapon skill. Poison enchant too. Oblivion and Shock - can't

Side result 2: Enchants are not working at inactive weapons, but working at active now. I.e. We are using Volley from bow and bow's enchant would work until we swap weapons - after that would work current weapon's enchants! In my tests I has a Selene procs from Volley, lol: stay at range, cast Volley at bow with Resists debuff enchant, swap to daggers with Disiease damage and look at Selene procs. Always thought that enchants from inactive weapons must work with that weapon skills even after swapping.

Another curious test I've made there: off hand weapon and it's effect on damage.
Axe with 1132 weapon damage vs Sword with 346 weapon damage. In main hand was a dagger with 1335 weapon damage
And a difference was very little, even on light and heavy attacks!
Heavy attacks: in 1st case: 3200+3900 crits, / in 2nd case: 2700+3300 crits (2h maul with 1552 damage crits for 9k)
Light attacks: 1. 3800 crits / 2. 3200 crits
Flying blade: 1. 9500 crits, / 2. 8500 crits (then I've swapped sword and dagger and crits were 6800 in that case)
So, only main hand power has most effect on 2w damage, while off hand - pretty little effect.

P.S. Such a big and chaotic post...
Edited by SilverWF on July 20, 2017 12:27AM
  • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
  • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
  • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
  • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete
    Edited by SilverWF on July 19, 2017 11:34PM
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    I was curious about enchants on 2w weapons and decided to test it, here is results:
    Used gear:
    Main hand - Infused dagger with Disease damage enchant
    Off hand - Infused axe with Shock damage enchant
    Monster set - Selene (procs on direct melee damage), it's procs was tested separately with weapons without enchants or passive effects (2 swords).

Light Attack - Able to proc both enchants on every hit, unmatter of visual effects (i.e. you are hitting with axe, but proccing dagger's enchant and vice versa) and special passive effects (like DOT from axe). Selene - works
    Heavy Attack - The same as Light attack.

Bloodthrist (Flurry) - Procs only main hand enchant. For off hand - only effects of 2w passives, so only DOT for axe. Selene - didn't works, Flurry is 100% DOT.
    Blood Craze (Twin Slashes) - Procs only off hand (!) enchant and special passive effect. Selene - works
    Steel Tornado (Whirlwind) - Procs only main hand enchant. For off hand - only effects of 2w passives. Selene - didn't works, counts as ranged?
    Deadly Cloak (Blade Cloak) - Procs only main hand enchant. No special passive effect for off hand from passives tho. Selene - works
    Flying Blade and Hidden Blade - Procs only main hand enchant. For off hand - only effects of 2w passives. Selene - didn't works, this is ranged skill.

Separately were tested some non-damage enchants: Weapon/Spell damage buff and debuff, Resists debuff, Damage shield. They all are working in the same way as damage enchants, but only Weapon/Spell damage buff enchant works different - it procs only at light and heavy attacks!

So, why do I think there is a bug: 2w skills must have a chance to proc both weapons enchants. All of them!
    What do you think: does it bug or intended?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - please, some clarification needed.

Side result: Disease damage enchant able to proc Selene on any weapon skill. Poison enchant too. Oblivion and Shock - can't

Side result 2: Enchants are not working at inactive weapons, but working at active now. I.e. We are using Volley from bow and bow's enchant would work until we swap weapons - after that would work current weapon's enchants! In my tests I has a Selene procs from Volley, lol: stay at range, cast Volley at bow with Resists debuff enchant, swap to daggers with Disiease damage and look at Selene procs. Always thought that enchants from inactive weapons must work with that weapon skills even after swapping.

Another curious test I've made there: off hand weapon and it's effect on damage.
    Axe with 1132 weapon damage vs Sword with 346 weapon damage. In main hand was a dagger with 1335 weapon damage
    And a difference was very little, even on light and heavy attacks!
    Heavy attacks: in 1st case: 3200+3900 crits, / in 2nd case: 2700+3300 crits (2h maul with 1552 damage crits for 9k)
    Light attacks: 1. 3800 crits / 2. 3200 crits
    Flying blade: 1. 9500 crits, / 2. 8500 crits (then I've swapped sword and dagger and crits were 6800 in that case)
    So, only main hand power has most effect on 2w damage, while off hand - pretty little effect.

P.S. Such a big and chaotic post...

This is a rather old post but literally answered all my questions on enchants and duel wield. Just wanted to reply to say that I appreciate all your work on it.
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird on the main/off hand procs from some skills if they all only procced main hand it would be understandable. Others make sense I guess.

Nado is an AoE, not direct dmg so that makes sense. Flurry & Blade should proc tho, as they should be classed as direct dmg, hidden blade bounces so not an AoE technically.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it's odd information but passed information along.