Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Anyone done some hard data capture on Olorime / SPC uptime?

Cryptical
Cryptical
✭✭✭✭✭
XB player here, wondering if anyone has done any hard combat metrics on the two sets, olorime and spell power cure.

I think it should be fairly easy to measure an average over time - how much uptime a group has with SPC doing the buff versus uptime using olorime.

I'm thinking it should be able to track how much magic was spent on healing abilities for the SPC to proc, as compared to how much magic was spent on abilities where the olorime circle was procced, leading to a possible comparison of how much sweat the healer had to throw into getting the buff onto the group.

There's probably also a way to look at the magic spent on non-buff actions and pair that with damage dealt, to see if there's a rise in how much damage the healer is able to contribute.

I personally think that olorime makes it much easier to buff the group's damage, thus making it less reliant on magic recovery, and also freeing up sweat effort away from overhealing and allowing that sweat effort to be put toward damage abilities. But that's just opinion until hard data is captured.

Anyone know of such scrutiny being done?
Xbox NA
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I seen most of these debates and conversation. You can have nearly perfect uptimes with both depending on circumstances. The difference is it's easier to apply orlumine on 12 people then spc..even fact not sure if that's even possible, but seeing some things that suggest it might be possible for spc too.

Some healers also simply overheal more often with all tied buffs so speaks to different style of gameplay. Olorime's also you different gameplay options that weren't available before now. Though mind you it's more effort to use and it some cases with classes it might actually be hinderince in bar options. There's also corrdinated vs uncorridinated fight to consider.

Even bigger issue is do they refresh each other's buffs? What happens when major courage is on 30 secs timer then spc comes does it go to 10?

But rule of thumb currently is 4 man spc and 12 man Olorime's but of course can be used in either.

Edit: SpC is only 6
    Edited by Tasear on June 22, 2018 3:17PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P.S To all you healers out there don't forget to drop by Healer's discord.

https://discord.gg/TfjSbu9
    Edited by Tasear on June 22, 2018 2:07AM
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    I much prefer olorime: get the group to stack, one ground cast skill and the whole group has the 30s buff that can be applied every 10s. If you miss anyone, they have 10s to run through your ground cast (shows up as giant yellow ring on the floor) to receive a 30s buff, you also have 2 more chances to apply it before you have to go back to the originally buffed players.
    It’s just a lot easier to manage than SPC imo, which makes you not only have to heal, but overheal everyone in the group/raid so they get the buff, which just feels like mayhem xD
    P.s. I use a healblade
    Edited by gnarlyvandal on June 22, 2018 3:25PM
  • CrystalBallr
    RE: Olorime:

Some healers in one of my guilds are all about this addon (Desc. .... a very simple timer for keeping track of your own personal Olorime proc...)
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2006-Olorime.html
    Edited by CrystalBallr on June 22, 2018 5:48PM