The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game not launching and I've looked all over. Can anyone help?

epelton98ub17_ESO
epelton98ub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
So I recently got back into ESO, and was playing throughout the whole weekend. Me and some friends decide to play a couple days ago and all of a sudden the game will not launch. I purchased through Steam btw.

When the issue first came up I had absolutely no idea what was going on, it was out of the blue. Did some snooping and the ESORequirement Checker wasnt recognizing my graphics card so the game would run and immediately close. I now have it recognizing my graphics card since i forced it to, but the game still fails to launch. The steam window with "Preparing to Launch..." pops of for 1 second then closes, and nothing else. I've reinstalled like 3 times now and it still wont work.

Also i've tried submitting a ticket but for wtv reason the support site wont let me sign in.

Any help would be much appreciated.
  • President_PUG
    President_PUG
    ✭✭✭
    There are settings in Steam people haven't even looked at that will help. Example I live west coast USA huge internet traffic.
    Steam suggested I try Iceland. The distance is longer, but since its less crowded, there is less chance files getting corrupted.
    Also make sure You have STEAM auto-Updater turned off. I had problem they trying to load Steam files into My ESO file from a totally different game. Web search STEAM fixes.Its not just ESO. GL!
    “Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better.”
  • epelton98ub17_ESO
    epelton98ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I believe it is just ESO, as I've launched other games from steam including Skyrim just fine, and Skyrim even auto-recognized my gtx card. I'll try the auto updater thing though
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Windows do you have? ESO requires 64 bit Windows now.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets circle back to the video card. The game will act exactly like this if it tries to launch on CPU graphics.

1. Make sure your monitor is plugged into the Video card and not the motherboard riser.
    2. Make sure changes were not made to power settings such that the machine will prefer CPU graphics. This can happen for a variety of reasons, like on a laptop that went into power saving mode. Hint, you want to select high performance.
    3. If this is a desktop, make sure the video card is fully seated and the power cables are securely connected.
    4. Use your video card control panel and force the system to use video card for both the launcher and the game
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unintended necro... did this ever get figured out?
    Edited by Elsonso on July 29, 2018 1:57PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • phoena14ub17_ESO
    phoena14ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am hoping someone found a way in, I am currently going through this and "Support" is not supportive at all