The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

looking at buying digital upgrade summerset

theenglander
theenglander
✭✭
i already have digital upgrade morrowind collectors edition and i am an active subscriber, i am looking at buying the summerset collectors edition upgrade as well.
I use a disc for base game so would like to ask as i already have morrowind can i have base game please ? :# .
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have Morrowind, you already have the base game.
  • theenglander
    theenglander
    ✭✭

no i bought the upgrade collectors edition for morrowind so it wants me to use the disc for eso base game everytime i play, tbh its just i am getting to lazy to change the disc i purchase all games digital nowadays.
  • Firemantim
    Firemantim
    ✭✭

no i bought the upgrade collectors edition for morrowind so it wants me to use the disc for eso base game everytime i play, tbh its just i am getting to lazy to change the disc i purchase all games digital nowadays.

That's because Morrowind is an expansion/DLC for the base game, meaning you have to use the disc on consoles. That's how DLC work for any other game.
  • Guffi75
    Guffi75
    Once in a while ESO base game is going to be on sale for your system. I would grab it then and end the "getting up to change disc" days :D
  • theenglander
    theenglander
    ✭✭
    Firemantim wrote: »

That's because Morrowind is an expansion/DLC for the base game, meaning you have to use the disc on consoles. That's how DLC work for any other game.

sorry for the delay not been on forums for a while,yeah i was replying to someone else regarding the game being free and clarifying what i had bought, i know how DLC works my OP was regarding getting base game instead of morrowind that is all.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you swap discs for various ESO versions, what happens is the new zones on the new disc are added to your account.

So you take out the Morrowind disc and throw in the Summerset disc. It opens Summerset...you don’t lose Morrowind.

All discs ever come with the base game, including the main story, the three factions, cyrodiil alliance war and Craglorn.