The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What is a good escape tool for a stamina nb bow ganker?

ioo
ioo
The build I’m using uses shadow image to escape but I’ve found that to not be very useful when pvping as you have to set it up and once your out of range your escape is gone. I’ve considered mass hysteria, mist form, and draining shot. I’m already running shadowy disguise but I’ve found that it won’t work by itself as an escape tool as getting damaged pulls you out of it. Is there a skill I’m missing that I could use as a bow ganker? What is your guy’s opinion on what I should use? Thx
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I don't like to use shadow image, but for escaping it is the best tool. And it is a matter of getting used to I think. now you do not need a target to set it up, so not too hard to cast before you engange.

Cloak, if you cloak to get away and have a snare on you and close to the enemy, you could as well not have cloaked cause anything will pull you out of stealth.
    You use draining shot, hit them with that and cloak away, practise till perfect.

bow-Roll dodge-sprint-cloak.

line of sight-cloak.

mass hysteria-cloak work as a magblade, harder to do as stamblade with limited mag.

mist form would be the biggest loss of efficiency for any nb to use in escaping imo with all the stuff they have available.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadow image works for most of the times, but you have to practice and be well aware of your terrain, Shadow Image works only for a limited range.

Like @Yakidafi said, cloak is your best way while you get better with other form of escape, I usually roll dodge, cloak then crouch while line-of-sighting my target, which brings up another important aspect of Bowtard Ganking, before initiating an attack always confirm your escape route first, then attack.

Hope this helps.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Channelled acceleration is good.

You should be using it for 36 second of minor force anyway. But it also gives 9 seconds of major expedition. Yes, it has a cast time, but you can still move slightly. It doesn't break stealth either, so you can clock, cast it and cloak again without breaking stealth.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use shadowy disguise and retreating manuavres,

retreating on bow bar, dodgeroll, shadowy disguise, change direction.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam NB has more routes to run away and survive than anyone else. You choose when to engage and disengage targets. If you play very well you don’t even die anymore on NB unless you lose a fight ofc (you can disengage anytime though).

Shadow Image, Forward Momentum (backbar 2H), Retreating Maneuvers, Cloak, Dodge Roll into a Cloak, CC target+dodge then use any of these skills.... theres also Undo..... You can use all of abilities very well with each other too. I recommend getting more used to Shadow Image and its range.
  • ioo
    ioo
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Channelled acceleration is good.

You should be using it for 36 second of minor force anyway. But it also gives 9 seconds of major expedition. Yes, it has a cast time, but you can still move slightly. It doesn't break stealth either, so you can clock, cast it and cloak again without breaking stealth.

Yeah the build I’m using already has that but thought it was just there for the extra Crit damage
  • ioo
    ioo
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    Personally I don't like to use shadow image, but for escaping it is the best tool. And it is a matter of getting used to I think. now you do not need a target to set it up, so not too hard to cast before you engange.

Cloak, if you cloak to get away and have a snare on you and close to the enemy, you could as well not have cloaked cause anything will pull you out of stealth.
    You use draining shot, hit them with that and cloak away, practise till perfect.

bow-Roll dodge-sprint-cloak.

line of sight-cloak.

mass hysteria-cloak work as a magblade, harder to do as stamblade with limited mag.

mist form would be the biggest loss of efficiency for any nb to use in escaping imo with all the stuff they have available.
    Shadow image works for most of the times, but you have to practice and be well aware of your terrain, Shadow Image works only for a limited range.

Like @Yakidafi said, cloak is your best way while you get better with other form of escape, I usually roll dodge, cloak then crouch while line-of-sighting my target, which brings up another important aspect of Bowtard Ganking, before initiating an attack always confirm your escape route first, then attack.

Hope this helps.

Thx for the tips guys I’ll definitely have some considering to do