Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyodiil Is still broken

HungryMonkey007
The Summerset update has killed my PVP guild. The crashes, load screens, and massive lag makes PVP unplayable. These things happen in a large variety of play situations so the problems cannot be avoided. We were told that the patch today would fix the issues, but it did not. This morning a guild mate tried to take a keep with a group of about 8. They all crashed while fighting just the guards. Random load screens happen often when repairing walls or near keeps, as well as when traveling between keeps. The load screens persist for longer than 2 minutes. Lag seems to be an issue throughout the game, but becomes severe in PVP situations with multiple players in an area, which is kinda the basis for PVP. The lag seems to be worse for the established players in an area. So if I am taking a resource, and a group from another alliance shows up to defend, my group lags to where skills won't work and we get slaughtered while the group that just showed up seems to not have the same issues of skills not firing (at least judging by death recaps, their skills are working fine).

Cyrodiil performance has been an issue in the past and ZOS has been much more responsive. This time there were a few promises of a fix with today's patch, then in the patch notes not even a mention of server performance and no fix. I'm disappointed that there is not more communication (or even recognition) on this issue. I have been all over the forums and every platform, server, and campaign seems to be affected but no official thread dedicated to reporting the problems. In the past ZOS has asked for feedback so that they could identify the problem, this time it seems like they are acting like there is no problem.

My question for support is have you identified the issue> If so, what is it and when do you plan to fix it?
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ETA
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Summerset update has killed my PVP guild. The crashes, load screens, and massive lag makes PVP unplayable. These things happen in a large variety of play situations so the problems cannot be avoided. We were told that the patch today would fix the issues, but it did not. This morning a guild mate tried to take a keep with a group of about 8. They all crashed while fighting just the guards. Random load screens happen often when repairing walls or near keeps, as well as when traveling between keeps. The load screens persist for longer than 2 minutes. Lag seems to be an issue throughout the game, but becomes severe in PVP situations with multiple players in an area, which is kinda the basis for PVP. The lag seems to be worse for the established players in an area. So if I am taking a resource, and a group from another alliance shows up to defend, my group lags to where skills won't work and we get slaughtered while the group that just showed up seems to not have the same issues of skills not firing (at least judging by death recaps, their skills are working fine).

Cyrodiil performance has been an issue in the past and ZOS has been much more responsive. This time there were a few promises of a fix with today's patch, then in the patch notes not even a mention of server performance and no fix. I'm disappointed that there is not more communication (or even recognition) on this issue. I have been all over the forums and every platform, server, and campaign seems to be affected but no official thread dedicated to reporting the problems. In the past ZOS has asked for feedback so that they could identify the problem, this time it seems like they are acting like there is no problem.

My question for support is have you identified the issue> If so, what is it and when do you plan to fix it?

Mine is very Close as well.
  • HungryMonkey007
    I was corrected on another feed, there was some mention of performance improvements in the patch notes:

General
    Fixed some occasional game crashes and disconnects.
    Reduced the large FPS dips when moving into areas with many characters.
    Fixed an issue that would cause poor in-game performance whenever another player left or joined a large guild you were a member of.
    Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause the environment and buildings around you to temporarily vanish.

Apparently this applied to all zones, not just PVP. I play multiple areas of this game, including questing and trials. Since summerset I have completed most of the trials and the game crash/lag is similar to pre-summerset levels. However PVP is a drastically different experience since pre-summerset, which indicates there is more going on than these minor issues they claim to have fixed.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep! Came home from work and froze once so hard reset. Froze again. This is twice in 10 minutes! Wow! What did they fix??? This was in Vivec on my Templar. I have an Xbox one X.
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. We haven’t PvPed in two weeks, going to be almost 3 weeks now.
    And ZOS doesnt care. At all. They pretend to but they got their money, fixing this should have been PRIORITY. We’ve been reporting it since June 6th.
    Sick of this company. Love the game but they’ve lost me. I’m done.
  • dmar613
    dmar613
    ✭✭✭
    still freezing in vivec.
    4th Grand Overlord For DC Xbox One. 123,486 pvp kills Crip from the Sexy Time Slayers aka Leaps of Dreamz
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PVP guild I am in is also dead. 3 of them died last year due to the long load screen problem. There has been no communication from zos other than a lie. I am furious!
  • rivenjr
    rivenjr
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Gina can you please update everyone regarding broken PvP play in Cyrodiil??
    Xbox ONE Day One
    Server - Xbox NA
    Internal Storage Only

PVP COLLISION PROPONENT
  • AtrophyFX
    AtrophyFX
    ✭✭
    Pvp still unplayable. impossible to defend keeps etc when everyone freezes. Whats the point? ill just fire up another game.
    "Now you. You can call me Ann Marie. But only if you're partial to being flayed alive and having an angry immortal skip rope with your entrails. If not... Then call me Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness. Charmed." - Ann Marie
  • blindy107
    blindy107
    ✭✭
    Yup same thing here. Was excited for the fix. Let down again by our dark overlords. Surprised?