The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best Single Target DPS Skills

THEDKEXPERIENCE
THEDKEXPERIENCE
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Setting aside buffs and animation cancelling, and going purely off the skill alone (assuming you’re spec’d correctly for that skill) what should be the highest single target non-ultimate in the game?

I “rediscovered” force pulse a few days ago and couldn’t believe that the tooltip added up to above 8k. Is that the one?

I’m sure there are some bow abilities that hit like a truck considering I’ve been on the receiving end of enough snipes to last a lifetime.

With all of the updates it’ll probably be benificial to do some “if you like this skill, you’ll love this skill talk”.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For magicka at ranged it would be a choice between FP/CS, Elemental Weapon or either morph of Strife. Obviously the last is NB specific.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's Ele Weapon, as it more reliably procs Concussed and Burning than FP.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    I think uppercut or snipe have highest base damage.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endless hail with a Maelstrom Bow.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    It's Ele Weapon, as it more reliably procs Concussed and Burning than FP.

Interesting note. I’ll keep that in mind.
  • thestud2012
    thestud2012
    ✭✭
    30k: Merciless resolve and its Stam morph on nightblade. They require 5 LA, so not sure if they qualify for this discussion.

20k: Dark flare for Magplar. On top of the damage, you empower, activate minor prophesy, and defile.

20k: Snipe. One morph causes minor fracture, so slight increase on following hits. The other adds defile and procs poison, so tiny DoT.

20k: Shalks on warden. Morphs proc major fracture or breech, so significant increase on following hits. It's technically delayed AoE, but the damage is direct.

20k: Bird on warden. Mag morph adds up to 15% based on distance.

15k: Frags on Magsorc. Optional splash morph for similar damage. Other morph can hit conditions that allow for +10% damage.

15k: Sweeps on Templar. Plus a very likely Burning Light proc of 6k. Also technically AoE, but as strong as a single target.

15k: Whip on MagDK. Optional morph that causes more damage on off-balance target.

15k (x2): Haunting curse on Magsorc. Delayed but activates twice, and causes splash damage.

8k (plus crit): Crit rush on 2h. Guaranteed crit and up to 40% additional damage based on distance.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @thestud2012
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That’s a weird one man. It never comes down to one skill. There’s a whole rotation thing to get through.

Execute skills. Dots, AOE, spammable. Even in PvP there’s combinations to widdle your opponent down. Reduce their healing, then execute.

There you go. Executes. By far hit way harder than anything. But you have to get the enemy in that range.

They’re weird though too. Like 2H Executioner deals Up To%330 extra damage to targets below %50 health. Same for Radiant Destruction. I’m not sure exactly where that %300 really starts, but in my experiences it is not at %49.

DW has %100 extra damage based on missing health on whirlwind. Hard to say where that begins.

Nightblades execute damage definitely starts at %25, and Sorc at below %20.
  • thestud2012
    thestud2012
    ✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    That’s a weird one man. It never comes down to one skill. There’s a whole rotation thing to get through.

Execute skills. Dots, AOE, spammable. Even in PvP there’s combinations to widdle your opponent down. Reduce their healing, then execute.

There you go. Executes. By far hit way harder than anything. But you have to get the enemy in that range.

They’re weird though too. Like 2H Executioner deals Up To%330 extra damage to targets below %50 health. Same for Radiant Destruction. I’m not sure exactly where that %300 really starts, but in my experiences it is not at %49.

DW has %100 extra damage based on missing health on whirlwind. Hard to say where that begins.

Nightblades execute damage definitely starts at %25, and Sorc at below %20.

@kylewwefan

The abilities that specify "up to X%" are linear.

2H Executioner: deals 0% bonus at %50 health, 175% bonus at 25% health, and near 350% bonus at 1% health.
    DW Whirlwind: bonus applies all the time, so 25% bonus at 75% health, 50% bonus at 50% health, 75% bonus at 25% health, etc.

Nightblade and Sorc execute bonuses are fixed and simply based off the condition being met.

Assassin's Blade: 300% bonus when under 25% health.
    Mage's Fury: ~200% bonus (plus splash) when under 20% health.

Other abilities that give a variable bonus are distance based.

Crit Rush: up to 40% based off distance. So 0% bonus at 3.5m, 20% bonus at 12.75m, 40% bonus at 22m.
    Edited by thestud2012 on June 21, 2018 8:42PM