The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just get rid of Sloads already.

Velocious_Curse
Velocious_Curse
✭✭✭
The set is broken, plain and simple. If you don't think it needs a nerf it's cause you're either using it since you're terrible or you don't do bgs.

Why would anyone ever think an oblivion damage dot is a good idea? Why....
Edited by ZOS_JesC on June 26, 2018 1:52PM
2100cp- Xbox
MagSorc x2(1 Grand Overlord)
Magplar x2(1 Grand Overlord)
MagDK x2 (2 Grand Overlords)
Magblade (Grand Overloard)
MagDen x2
Stamplar x2
Stamblade x2
StamDK
Necro x2
Arc
170cp-PC
MagSorc
Stamplar
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s only mildly better in CP. But I’d say that a fight rarely goes by without sloads procing in cyro either, so the obvious overuse points to how effective it is there as well. Some bleeds and Sloads are a bit out of control atm.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really have no trouble with sloads 1v1. It becomes a problem when 3 players who aren't focusing me happen to proc it on me at one time from some AOE cleave. Being focused is bad as well but generally you are going to lose that fight anyways. I have only noticed it on a few death recaps so far.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really have no trouble with sloads 1v1. It becomes a problem when 3 players who aren't focusing me happen to proc it on me at one time from some AOE cleave. Being focused is bad as well but generally you are going to lose that fight anyways. I have only noticed it on a few death recaps so far.

Yeah it’s not horrible 1v1 so long as it’s not combined with another proc sets like Zaan, bleeds or defile. Throw any of those things into the mix and it immediately becomes another story. But then I’d say all those things are a bit over tuned right now.
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Them feels when you learn to play without Sloads:

2ckzmz.gif
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that really is the truth,
    and also, if we ever disagree with them about anything then "according to them" that means we are bad players.
    we aren't bad players.
    it's not fair commenting in an open thread to tell us we are bad players just because we share our experiences and our honest opinions.

the reason i do not use sloads is because it forces me out of stealth to put it on others because its a DOT and any DOT i place on people wont let me stealth, in addition to that its damage is weak, only procs chance is 10% meaning i cant control when it procs so i see it as a weak set.
    the only time it will work good is if i and a group of people are ALL wearing it and we target 1 player, just like you said.
    that is the truth.

Edited by Gilvoth on June 20, 2018 7:26PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and also, if we ever disagree with them about anything then "according to them" that means we are bad players.
    we aren't bad players.
    it's not fair commenting in an open thread to tell us we are bad players just because we share our experiences and our honest opinions.

the reason i do not use sloads is because it forces me out of stealth to put it on others because its a DOT and any DOT i place on people wont let me stealth, in addition to that its damage is weak, only procs chance is 10% meaning i cant control when it procs so i see it as a weak set.
    the only time it will work good is if i and a group of people are ALL wearing it and we target 1 player, just like you said.
    that is the truth.

Yeah that bold part is pretty accurate. Would you not say that there is a strong correlation between player skill and a willingness to engage the opponent when outnumbered?

Sure there are some good zerglings out there who revel in winning those 10v1 fights and are also good at 1v1s... but let’s be honest... if you’re using a set that shines when you outnumber your opponent, and if you’re usually and intentionally in situations where you outnumber your opponents, odds are that you aren’t challenging yourself enough to develop into a good player.

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Curylllic
    Curylllic
    Soul Shriven
    I kinda want to make a set using Sloads, Zaan, and another hated proc set and go to town and record/repost some hate whispers up in the thread!

:D
  • Curylllic
    Curylllic
    Soul Shriven
    Actually we should have a fun contest to see who can get the funniest hate whispers from killing people with proc setups..
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is really the scub, the one who uses Sload's or the one who can't overcome it? :trollface:

If you don't like losing to Sload's, don't click this spoiler.
    You lost to it again. :trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface:
    04dd56710d58b49f0fcb5808ec8b7fbb.jpg
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus

What’s a scub? Or did you mean scuba diving to escape the procs? ;)

You don’t necessarily need to be a bad player if you use Sload‘s. Some just love maximum cheese. I’d say there is a strong correlation between being a subpar player and defending the set with all your heart on the forum though.
    Turelus wrote: »
    Who is really the scub, the one who uses Sload's or the one who can't overcome it? :trollface:

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The set is broken, plain and simple. If you don't think it needs a nerf it's cause you're either using it since you're terrible or you don't do bgs.

Maybe sorcs should have a 6 second cooldown on hardened ward and there would be no need for oblivion damage. It's super easy to out heal sloads.
    Edited by Hutch679 on June 22, 2018 1:40PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

Maybe sorcs should have a 6 second cooldown on hardened ward and there would be no need for oblivion damage. It's super easy to out heal sloads.

Cooldowns on main defensive mechanics? Mhm. But if so, then for everyone. No more back to back heals. No more back to back dodges. No more back to back blocking. No more back to back cloak.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I wanted to try sloads in battlesgrounds yesterday so I crafted me some and put on a double dot poison on my bow and put valkyn skoria on I just wanted to see what a lot of people was talking about I can tell you it's pretty op on my bow all I had to do was run poison injection most the time and light attack people and a lot of them was dying so easily between my dots all going off it would trigger valkyn skoria to go off even after I was dead I even got a few kills where I had sloads proc on people when I died and I would still kill them it's completely op in the right hands and situation something should probably be done about it they said they had some changes going in for sloads but who knows how long that will take
    Edited by Jake1576 on June 22, 2018 2:24PM
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    So I wanted to try sloads in battlesgrounds yesterday so I crafted me some and put on a double dot poison on my bow and put valkyn skoria on I just wanted to see what a lot of people was talking about I can tell you it's pretty op on my bow all I had to do was run poison injection most the time and light attack people and a lot of them was dying so easily between my dots all going off it would trigger valkyn skoria to go off even after I was dead I even got a few kills where I had sloads proc on people when I died and I would still kill them it's completely op in the right hands and situation something should probably be done about it they said they had some changes going in for sloads but who knows how long that will take

Long enough for you to get some more kills in BG's c:
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Cooldowns on main defensive mechanics? Mhm. But if so, then for everyone. No more back to back heals. No more back to back dodges. No more back to back blocking. No more back to back cloak.

This right here, this needs to happen.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus

What’s a scub? Or did you mean scuba diving to escape the procs? ;)

You don’t necessarily need to be a bad player if you use Sload‘s. Some just love maximum cheese. I’d say there is a strong correlation between being a subpar player and defending the set with all your heart on the forum though.

@Feanor I hate you. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭

Every class can back to back heal, every class can roll dodge (which is already penalized). Does every class have hardened ward or cloak to spam?
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Riggsy wrote: »

Every class can back to back heal, every class can roll dodge (which is already penalized). Does every class have hardened ward or cloak to spam?

You know you can use such a template: "does every class have xxxx or xxxx to spam?" for every class?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great post
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really understand complaining about Magicka Sorcerer's defenses in no-CP Battlegrounds, especially if it's coming from Stamina classes (who don't feed resources to anyone using shields). There's certainly room to complain about how powerful their offense is - though that's true to some extent for basically every class, not just Mag Sorc - but defenses? Nah.
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

we aren't bad players.

that is the truth.

Yeah that bold part is pretty accurate. Would you not say that there is a strong correlation between player skill and a willingness to engage the opponent when outnumbered?

Sure there are some good zerglings out there who revel in winning those 10v1 fights and are also good at 1v1s... but let’s be honest... if you’re using a set that shines when you outnumber your opponent, and if you’re usually and intentionally in situations where you outnumber your opponents, odds are that you aren’t challenging yourself enough to develop into a good player.

its the fact that a 50k health build can put out more dps than a dps with that set and maybe 2 dmg skills to proc it
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Millz wrote: »

we aren't bad players.

that is the truth.

its the fact that a 50k health build can put out more dps than a dps with that set and maybe 2 dmg skills to proc it

yeah i agree with you on that. that part is messed up and should not be happen.
    However, where does that happen? you are saying sloads does that?
    because i have never seen a set that can do what your saying here.

and by the way, i do not wear sloads because it pulls me out of stealth to put a dot on someone, and im all about stealth.
    my point is that sloads is weak if you solo like i do.

Edited by Gilvoth on June 23, 2018 4:47PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

we aren't bad players.

that is the truth.

you will die to a group of people no matter what they are wearing, some people are able to fight groups of people with thier builds because those builds are overpowered, has nothing to do with set of armor.
    i do not wear sloads because it pulls me out of stealth to put a dot on someone, and im all about stealth.
    im not in favor of sloads, but sloads damage is childs play and easily avoided.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Broken"! The talismanic word again...

Define please.

Is the programming wrong somehow, or do you just hate it because you were defeated?
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    3KnQQDI.jpg
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

we aren't bad players.

that is the truth.

you will die to a group of people no matter what they are wearing, some people are able to fight groups of people with thier builds because those builds are overpowered, has nothing to do with set of armor.
    i do not wear sloads because it pulls me out of stealth to put a dot on someone, and im all about stealth.

No it isn’t. It’s the highest PvP dps set by a significant margin. Your facts are completely wrong, and this isn’t an opinion thing either, it’s just pure math.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

we aren't bad players.

that is the truth.

No it isn’t. It’s the highest PvP dps set by a significant margin. Your facts are completely wrong, and this isn’t an opinion thing either, it’s just pure math.

If it's pure math I would love to see your calculations on this...
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

we aren't bad players.

that is the truth.

If it's pure math I would love to see your calculations on this...

It’s an oblivion dot with an effective 100% uptime. It’s the easiest set in the entire game to calculate DPS. Like... wow dude.. The set literally tells you what its dps is in the tooltip.

But if we assume that even basic *** literacy as an evaluation method is too *** complex for you and the other Sload defenders, We can look at Combat metrics dps reports, and on every Sload users metrics that have been posted, it’s been #1. Please feel free to post one that doesn’t show it as #1.
    Edited by Thogard on June 24, 2018 9:13AM

• ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering.. if Sorcs wouldn't be that strong atm would everyone reroll to thier Templar? If I have a Templar I would pick him and give him sloads, knightslayer and troll king or engine guardian and go full deff. Wouldn't this fix the sorc problem?
    PC EU - DC only
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »
    I'm wondering.. if Sorcs wouldn't be that strong atm would everyone reroll to thier Templar? If I have a Templar I would pick him and give him sloads, knightslayer and troll king or engine guardian and go full deff. Wouldn't this fix the sorc problem?

No because trmplars can’t confirm their kills. That build would do 90% of the work of killing a player, but the credit would go to a mag sorc on the third team who threw out an endless fury from the other side of the map.

Radiant oppression in BGs is pretty much a guarantee that a sorc on the third team will get credit for the kill. It’s like a giant beacon that says “spam fury on this target I’m beaming!”

This discussion has been closed.