The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How can I be useful in PvP as a low level?

RadicalSpirit
RadicalSpirit
✭✭✭
I would say I'm a returning player, but seen as I only played for the first month in 2014, I feel more like a brand new player seen as a lot has changed, and there's just so much information on the game.

Right now I'm level 13 & level 3 (StamNb & MagPlar), my skills are probably in the wrong things, I have really no idea what rotations to use in PvP, or PvE for that matter seen as most builds talk about the end game stuff.

All I pretty much do to be somewhat relevant in PvP is buy a *** tonne of wall repair kits, fire ballistas, and oil and get to work on attacking and defending castles with people.

Fortunately, this has always been something I've enjoyed, as imo it's a lot more fun to pour oil on peoples heads, knowing that it's pissing them off from a safe distance, as opposed to being in reach of them and getting instantly one shot.

Is there any other stuff I can do to be more useful??

Last night I was playing on my StamNb, but honestly I felt like outside of being in the castles, or using siege equipment I was utterly useless to people because I couldn't kill anyone at all 1 v 1 (I'd literally killed in 0.5 seconds, usually by poison arrow) .

I thought about trying to level my magplar up to 10 so I can at least heal in PvP, but I have no clue what the aoe heals are for it and how useless it is vs being a magsorc and throwing out heals while shielding and stuff.

I'm on PC NA server btw.

On a quick note, I got the werewolf bite from someone for my stamnb, is it worth getting the vampire bite for my other character?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Play on either nonvet or NoCP server. I don't frequent either at the moment, but it seems like nonvet is a little healthier than noCP currently.
    2. Get a new gearset every 4-8 levels. Blue quality will give you fighting chance against other players in nonvet. Since you're PC NA, if you want you can mail me @DeadlyRecluse and I'll hook you up with some nonvet PvP gear with old mats I have lying around.
    3. Play conservative and build for sustain. Full glass cannon is fun, but has a lower margin for error. Higher sustain will help you learn counterplay, spacing, etc. etc.
    4. If you are newish, join groups. There's no shame in it, despite the forum hate for zerging. Start out joining pug groups, make friends with players and group leads you like. Eventually, look for a PvP guild--but be selective.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get some siege. Fire ballistas are really good against killing players
  • RadicalSpirit
    RadicalSpirit
    ✭✭✭
    1. Play on either nonvet or NoCP server. I don't frequent either at the moment, but it seems like nonvet is a little healthier than noCP currently.
    2. Get a new gearset every 4-8 levels. Blue quality will give you fighting chance against other players in nonvet. Since you're PC NA, if you want you can mail me @DeadlyRecluse and I'll hook you up with some nonvet PvP gear with old mats I have lying around.
    3. Play conservative and build for sustain. Full glass cannon is fun, but has a lower margin for error. Higher sustain will help you learn counterplay, spacing, etc. etc.
    4. If you are newish, join groups. There's no shame in it, despite the forum hate for zerging. Start out joining pug groups, make friends with players and group leads you like. Eventually, look for a PvP guild--but be selective.

Hey dude thanks for the reply.

I think the campaign I joined was the first one, vivec maybe? I went in at level 10 and went upto about level 13 and got some blue/purple pieces from level rewards but thats about it.

As for building a certain way I honestly dont even know which powers I should be using and when atm, so building a character a certain way seems far away at the moment.

As for "zergs" I honestly love them... I'd rather run with them and fight in giant war zones than just run on my own and try 1 v1ing people... It's way more fun for me when the sh*t is going down with big groups, but I just don't want to be a dead body that people have to keep reviving & wasting gems on lol
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rez people, fix siege with repair kits, add some healing if possible use 'Hasty Prayer' as I think this got a buff and also gives your allies minor expedition, play the lute, do a little dance... lol

Or you could always just snipe people from the wall..
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think the campaign I joined was the first one, vivec maybe? I went in at level 10 and went upto about level 13 and got some blue/purple pieces from level rewards but thats about it.

As for building a certain way I honestly dont even know which powers I should be using and when atm, so building a character a certain way seems far away at the moment.

As for "zergs" I honestly love them... I'd rather run with them and fight in giant war zones than just run on my own and try 1 v1ing people... It's way more fun for me when the sh*t is going down with big groups, but I just don't want to be a dead body that people have to keep reviving & wasting gems on lol

Send me a mail ingame, I'll hook you up. I've got lots of stuff left from when I played PvP at that level.

You'll definitely want to try out a different server. In Vivec, most people are geared up and rocking lots of champion points--you can certainly be a siege monkey, but if you want to actually fight using your character and skills, you'll want to look elsewhere until you've leveled up a bunch.
  • RadicalSpirit
    RadicalSpirit
    ✭✭✭

Send me a mail ingame, I'll hook you up. I've got lots of stuff left from when I played PvP at that level.

You'll definitely want to try out a different server. In Vivec, most people are geared up and rocking lots of champion points--you can certainly be a siege monkey, but if you want to actually fight using your character and skills, you'll want to look elsewhere until you've leveled up a bunch.

Hey man thanks, ill send you a message in game when I get on, it'll come from "GhostCaliber"

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good. I'll be on tonight and get you gear that should last for a while : )
  • RadicalSpirit
    RadicalSpirit
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds good. I'll be on tonight and get you gear that should last for a while : )

Cool, is there any guilds you recommend to join, or things I need to do while leveling generally ?

• madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is your class and preferred role?
  • RadicalSpirit
    RadicalSpirit
    ✭✭✭
    What is your class and preferred role?

Well in the only other MMO I've played (DCUO in 2011) I mostly enjoyed being a healer/dps

I've always run medic in games like BF, or whatever purely because I love having the option to heal & keep the others alive, but be able to switch and do good damage in the end too if I need to.

As for my class right now, I have two characters one is a redguard stamnb and the other is a breton magplar.

I suppose it doesn't really matter though because the highest of those 2 characters is level 13, so to someone that is experienced in the game they could probably make a new character and level it to 50 quicker than it took me to get to 13.
  • Theodard
    Theodard
    ✭✭✭
    moonio wrote: »
    Rez people, fix siege with repair kits, add some healing if possible..

So much this. A great way to help a siege line when you're lower leveled is to keep the siege engines going. A siege bubble on top of anyone is always greatly appreciated if you have access to it as well.

• LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do everything they said but also make your character as tanky as possible so you can kinda be a punching bag too. :)
  • RadicalSpirit
    RadicalSpirit
    ✭✭✭
    Theodard wrote: »

So much this. A great way to help a siege line when you're lower leveled is to keep the siege engines going. A siege bubble on top of anyone is always greatly appreciated if you have access to it as well.

I do but I switched it out for that mount speed skill because I was tired of being left behind and taking 10 minutes longer to get to the fight lol.

I guess ill put it back in when I log on
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theodard wrote: »

Yes and propelling shield so you can hit people from even further away... such a cool skill :)

'Create a protective sphere over your location that reduces damage from siege weapons by 35%. Does not effect Leap, Move Position, and Pull abilities.

Also increases the range of abilities with a range greater than 20 meters by 4 meters.

Costs less and allies in the shield gain increased range.'
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You actually have a really good grasp of what a lowbie should be doing in Cyrodiil. Speaking from experience, I was a day one in Cyrodiil then-vet campaign guy at just level 10. I spent a solid year catching whoopings.

The difference between a new player and even a bad one with top level gear is massive - I’m in all light armor and you’d pretty much have to catch me eating a sandwich with my off hand to even have a chance to kill my char... wait ... I just healed and shielded and have 45k magic left. You’ll have a lot of moments like this.

But ... don’t fret because people do notice. People notice who is rebuilding walls, who is rezzing dead players, and who is actively trying to help. If you keep doing those things you’ll be picked up by a solid group in no time.

Side note: don’t worry about being called out for being a zergling because you’ll learn a lot from others if you’re willing to listen. Once you have the basics of team play down, it becomes easier to solo.

TLDR: you got the right outlook, just keep doing what you’re doing and it will all come together eventually.