Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Instant in-game mail delivery

OverDream
OverDream
✭✭✭
Greetings, everyone! As the heading of this thread suggests, it could be for the benefit of all us to be able to receive a mail instantly with attached gold or item after purchasing from the guild vendor. Instead, we have to travel to another location and only then chack mail. It's really annoying, and if the time spent is the only problem with that, it is OK, but no. The real problem is that while shopping at the guild vendor when I change filters to search only for unknown motifs, I have to memorize all purchased motifs in order not to buy anything I already have. Because motifs become "learnt" only when we travel to another location and check our mail, and learn all those motifs that we have just bought. So it is a big chance that when shopping motifs, we can double purchase smth. Well, I think that is would be reasonable to fix this for getting all mails instantly. What do you guys think?
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    yep its something irritating, never worked properly, when the servers are less populated you get instant mail but at regular times you got to travel, this is sad
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you might consider working on that goldfish memory or stop making so many purchases at once.

It's not that big of an inconvenience to relog or port. A /CheckMail might be beneficial, but it would still likely have a cooldown to keep people from spamming it and keep additional server requests low. If anything, it could auto trigger when you exit out of the guild vendor, but instant delivery isn't really necessary.

I guess the good news is, if you found a good enough price to purchase and end up with a duplicate, you can probably resell and recoup your cost.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • The_Red_Viper
    The_Red_Viper
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure what you are saying, but it is very annoying having to go through two loading screens back and forth to where I was originally, just to get mail. Other MMOs I played, like WoW and GW2, all have instant mail.
  • OverDream
    OverDream
    ✭✭✭

I guess the good news is, if you found a good enough price to purchase and end up with a duplicate, you can probably resell and recoup your cost.

this is what I do in such situations ) I noticed that if purchase smth and change locations, then when purchasing from the same vendor, you get an instant mails with all items purchased. When you buy for the third time, you have to change loc again. Probably, this is not how it was initially designed by devs )

Edited by OverDream on June 20, 2018 1:42PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure email is given the lowest priority in the servers. I would rather the servers give priority to combat myslef. It is a simple process to speed things up, rezoning being the quickest. I agree.it is a bit of pain to have to that, but with the volume of guild sales, it may not be feasible to fix it.

You could always use a notepad to jot down the item you just bought
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a feature in place to reduce server load. If you get rid of it, server performance will take a nose-dive.
    Take it either way, but people are upset enough about wonky server performance as it is.
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pushing mail to a lower priority allows the servers (and, critically, the netcode) to focus on more immediate concerns.

ZOS has consciously chosen to do things this way because the alternative is even less enjoyable for players.
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    login out then back in also makes purchases from guild vendors show up instantly. Not perfect but better then traveling to another zone.
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 5:01PM
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of noSQL and eventual consistency?
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Login out and back out again is much slower than ducking into the outlaw refgue.

I mean even a quick "reload mail" button should speed it up.
  • vonScuzzman
    vonScuzzman
    ✭✭✭
    PetiteFire wrote: »
    You can also teleport to your in-game home, your mail will show up. o:) That's what I do, anyway. :D

If you preview an unpurchased home you will return to the spot you were standing at when you leave that home.
    XBox One NA
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you might consider working on that goldfish memory or stop making so many purchases at once.

It's not that big of an inconvenience to relog or port. A /CheckMail might be beneficial, but it would still likely have a cooldown to keep people from spamming it and keep additional server requests low. If anything, it could auto trigger when you exit out of the guild vendor, but instant delivery isn't really necessary.

Just bought praxis high elf stone table blabla diagram bowl this and that. Yes I double bought. This is a problem, but I guess I need to work on my goldfish memory, since memory is clearly something that can be tought easily like a rotation or something. Got it my bad. You are right. You are a god. Everyone you. Much right. very good. so wow.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends