The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Imagine a 'Stat Optimizer' addon that...

ArukadoZ
ArukadoZ
Soul Shriven
  1. Lets you create profiles for which stats you want to optimize, for each profile the addon will
    1. Parse your inventory (and bank?)
    2. Figure out which combination of equipment will net you the most of stat X, taking into account set bonuses ofc.
    3. Auto-equip them for you OR prompt you to do so
  2. Each time you loot a weapon or armor, it will change the item's border or add an indicator to it stating that this item improves a certain profile.
  3. Allows you to define 'hybrid' profiles, e.g.Balance of Magicka & Magicka Recovery

Questions:
  1. Does such an addon exist? I looked but alas couldn't find it
  2. If it doesn't exist, is there anything in the current API implementation that could theoretically prevent such a addon from being built?

Thanks in advance :)
Edited by ArukadoZ on June 14, 2018 9:23AM
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArukadoZ wrote: »
    1. Lets you create profiles for which stats you want to optimize, for each profile the addon will
      1. Parse your inventory (and bank?)
      2. Figure out which combination of equipment will net you the most of stat X, taking into account set bonuses ofc.
      3. Auto-equip them for you OR prompt you to do so
    2. Each time you loot a weapon or armor, it will change the item's border or add an indicator to it stating that this item improves a certain profile.
    3. Allows you to define 'hybrid' profiles, e.g.Balance of Magicka & Magicka Recovery

Questions:
    1. Does such an addon exist? I looked but alas couldn't find it
    2. If it doesn't exist, is there anything in the current API implementation that could theoretically prevent such a addon from being built?

Thanks in advance :)

There are addons like Dressing Room that can fully modify which armor, weapons and skills you have equipped, so that part is certainly possible.

I haven't messed around enough with the inventory API to know the extent of the information you can "see" with the API. I think you can only get an inventory index and item code from the API.

If that's true, then you'd need to build your own item stats table to reference set effects. Someone who knows a little more about dealing with items could probably clear this up a bit.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter