The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Faction Loyalty Campaigns

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
For clarification, i dont want the current campaigns to be faction locked as we need the old campaigns for when people want to play with their friends cross faction. I want two new campaigns (cp and no cp) that force you to fight for your own faction for those of us that care about faction pride.

There is no real faction pride in this game when you can just switch off your faction once the other gets the lead and farm the faction you were just playing with. Or how easy spying is in this game or scroll trading or trolling is when you can just switch from your main faction to mess with the faction you don't care about. Essentially faction pride is somewhat nonexistent and you can simply treat cyrodil as a ap farm. With the Midyear Mayhem coming up, can we have new Patriot servers where those of us that care about faction pride can play in? As a bonus incentive, maybe add new "arena" weapons as end of campaign rewards.
Edited by Aliyavana on June 20, 2018 9:50AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction loyalty campaigns would prevent griefing such as this from happening as they would have to have a second account to log from their faction to our faction to mess with us. So scroll trading and trolling along with spying would be mostly eliminated.
    g3yuaw50b0wa.png
    32i3unk0smy7.png
    v12w8nwsjl37.png
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 20, 2018 9:39AM
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I 10/10 would play this campaign. I believe it would also help more than a bit with the toxicity, as vast majority of toxicity comes from trolls/ap farmers.
    PC|EU
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of faction loyalty but even more so the addition of "Arena" Weapons in Cyrodiil. Actually, they could even be added to IC! I just would figure out a better implementation than just adding it to the campaign end rewards.
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    For clarification, i dont want the current campaigns to be faction locked as we need the old campaigns for when people want to play with their friends cross faction. I want two new campaigns (cp and no cp) that force you to fight for your own faction for those of us that care about faction pride.

There is no real faction pride in this game when you can just switch off your faction once the other gets the lead and farm the faction you were just playing with. Or how easy spying is in this game or scroll trading or trolling is when you can just switch from your main faction to mess with the faction you don't care about. Essentially faction pride is somewhat nonexistent and you can simply treat cyrodil as a ap farm. With the Midyear Mayhem coming up, can we have new Patriot servers where those of us that care about faction pride can play in? As a bonus incentive, maybe add new "arena" weapons as end of campaign rewards.

hey ali! i read your posts and you are very reasonable and i like that cause theres little people that do that here

and i have to say i agree in so many levels with you, the cyro pvp campaigns are monopolized mostly by pvp guilds which their demographic is not above 16 years, and with that issue we have the deplorable campaigns we have because we dont have a lets say... 24 hour lockdown for last character from X faction played.

that toxicity and that monopoly of X guilds trading scrolls/keeps/emperors ruins pvp for the single individual without a kiddy pvp guild that just wants to climb the pvp ladder without trading.

this measure will also remove the occasional emperor purchasing for 10mill to that said toxic guilds.
    the spying gone
    the trolling will be no more
    the trading a thing from the past

the list of pros goes on and on with no cons at all.

this has to be done, encouraging players to play for their faction for 24 hour brings at the very least some fairness, getting the scrolls in the water shows the disrespect players have for this pvp, and has to be regulated
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job no one has two accounts, oh, wait...

• illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    This needs to be in game and I don' t care if I end up being on the Alliance with the lower number I value Realm / Alliance unity more. Every day this doesn't happen I'm closer to leaving the game as the players who don't care about it go out of their to ruin it for others.
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭

I totally agree with this idea. I know I don't always agree with you...but I often find your posts informative and more often than not am of the same line of thought.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylosi wrote: »
    Good job no one has two accounts, oh, wait...

Most people don't have two acts, and they would have to shell out more money to zos to say grief another faction so it's a win/win for us and zos
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction loyalty campaigns would prevent griefing such as this from happening as they would have to have a second account to log from their faction to our faction to mess with us. So scroll trading and trolling along with spying would be mostly eliminated.
    g3yuaw50b0wa.png
    32i3unk0smy7.png
    v12w8nwsjl37.png

I'm not so sure about it being mostly eliminated. I think it would shift to a new form..planted spies for lack of a better term. Where another guildie, friend or account could serve the same purpose. After all... haters gonna hate.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannix1958 wrote: »
    g3yuaw50b0wa.png
    32i3unk0smy7.png
    v12w8nwsjl37.png

I'm not so sure about it being mostly eliminated. I think it would shift to a new form..planted spies for lack of a better term. Where another guildie, friend or account could serve the same purpose. After all... haters gonna hate.

Anything to add extra steps to treachery is appreciated
  • DamianDemonist
    @Aliyavana Stop posting this as if you lost alot of Progress. The people only switch to AD and push scrolls into water cause AD zerged on a dead campaign because AD lost against two bar EP and previously two bar DC in previous cycles. Maybe instead of calling AD from other campaigns to grief EP and DC off the map maybe instead you should play BGs for pvp rewards or go to Vivec PC NA.

GKg6e1b.png
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana Stop posting this as if you lost alot of Progress. The people only switch to AD and push scrolls into water cause AD zerged on a dead campaign because AD lost against two bar EP and previously two bar DC in previous cycles. Maybe instead of calling AD from other campaigns to grief EP and DC off the map maybe instead you should play BGs for pvp rewards or go to Vivec PC NA.

GKg6e1b.png

Whether the reason, faction loyalty campaigns would prevent things like this from occuring. Sotha sil is sadly the only no cp campaign and the last update screwed up bg ques by making even solo ques for people with high MMR 20 minutes
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 20, 2018 11:40AM
  • DamianDemonist
    I know there are people who switch between DC and EP but I do not know anyone on Sotha who switch to AD to zerg EP and DC off the map. Also there were once three seven day campaigns that were closed by Zos cause people were using those dead campaigns to farm Emp achievements, so I do not think adding more campaigns will solve this problems more likely it will add more dead campaigns.
    Edited by DamianDemonist on June 20, 2018 12:15PM
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt mind having 2 new campaigns that are faction locked. The question is should they be 7 day, 30 day or what time?
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having 10/10 Aldmeri characters, I totally agree. I'm loyalist by nature...
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭

Your first mistake is thinking people put scrolls in water for any reason other than trolling.
    You fail to realize the vast majority of people on eso do not give a crap about campaign score because it amounts to almost nothing for the individual player at the end of the day.
    This is a little sad to read honestly.

Edit:
    As a bonus incentive, maybe add new "arena" weapons as end of campaign rewards.

Cyrodill will never be a competitive environment in the way it's designed. BGs was ZoS' attempt at making some sort of competitive PvP environment with decent, consistent rewards.
    But in what world do you think you deserve ultra unique specialized "arena" weapons for playing in probably dead campaigns that are very often completely dominant in one color and are run by zergs painting the map.
    Edited by Joshlenoir on June 20, 2018 1:57PM
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that you say gate camping is a valid strat, but denying the enemy (i.e. the yellow zerg in this case) scrolls possibly for a scoring tick does not...speake volumes. You keep leaving out the part about this being pop locked AD vs 1 bar DC and EP. Personally were the chance to come up again I would happily log onto my AD DK and throw gaurd on the scroll runner so we can Romeo and Juliet the scroll into the Nibben River just to deny AD points.

Just saying.
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that you say gate camping is a valid strat, but denying the enemy (i.e. the yellow zerg in this case) scrolls possibly for a scoring tick does not...speake volumes. You keep leaving out the part about this being pop locked AD vs 1 bar DC and EP. Personally were the chance to come up again I would happily log onto my AD DK and throw gaurd on the scroll runner so we can Romeo and Juliet the scroll into the Nibben River just to deny AD points.

Just saying.

This.
    Anyone who says scrolls in the water breaks PvP and fun but is completely fine with gate camping one bar of population with a pop lock worth of people is a hypocrite who should never be taken seriously.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just saying.

Great so you’re just another problem..why dont i get on my dc/ep alts and do it too?

Oh wait I’m not into that, i guess playing sports taught me respect and sportsmanship even when it’s not returned

You’re welcome btw i coulda led a gate camp tonight but I’m not into that either, stopped at emp

Guess it’s good we‘re not all like you
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you are far, far, far worse ...... :|
    Because you are complicit with that happening every day.
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    Great so you’re just another problem..why dont i get on my dc/ep alts and do it too?

Oh wait I’m not into that, i guess playing sports taught me respect and sportsmanship even when it’s not returned

You’re welcome btw i coulda led a gate camp tonight but I’m not into that either, stopped at emp

OMEGALUL when you were playing soccer did you wait until you got games where the opposing team had a goalie and one defender? Do not speak to me about sportsmanship friend. Not when you actively gatecamp or alternatively send 20 players to take back a resource at Kingscrest or Rayles. You could have "Led a gatecamp"? Are you that self delusional? You guys are going so hard for score in what is essentially a dead campaign where most of us don't give a damn about score, and just want to PVP. Unfortunately most of the AD pop has a different idea of what PVP is.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just saying.

One doesn't require you to break your loyalty and grief the other faction on a traitor toon the enemy faction can't kill
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 20, 2018 3:50PM
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »

OMEGALUL when you were playing soccer did you wait until you got games where the opposing team had a goalie and one defender? Do not speak to me about sportsmanship friend. Not when you actively gatecamp or alternatively send 20 players to take back a resource at Kingscrest or Rayles. You could have "Led a gatecamp"? Are you that self delusional? You guys are going so hard for score in what is essentially a dead campaign where most of us don't give a damn about score, and just want to PVP. Unfortunately most of the AD pop has a different idea of what PVP is.

You’re so full of yourself, 2 campaigns ago dc did the same but on EU time (my time) and EP just did it last campaign..where were you then?

That’s right, you enjoy doing it but not having it done to you
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP suggests a faction lock like what we had originally and what was a failure will someone cease or minimize episodes like the griefing session she started a couple weeks ago yet offers no demonstration of how that would be other than some irrelevant SS.

So enlighten us. How will it end that sort of activity since we had it back when the failed faction locks were in palce?

EDIT: nvm. I see she has clarified in a later post. She is not concerned about the griefing but does not want it to happen on a traitor character.

Just go to a less populated campaign. A faction locked campaign would be low pop anyhow.
    Edited by idk on June 20, 2018 4:07PM
  • TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting how some peeps are getting defensive about OPs suggestion.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    OP suggests a faction lock like what we had originally and what was a failure will someone cease or minimize episodes like the griefing session she started a couple weeks ago yet offers no demonstration of how that would be other than some irrelevant SS.

So enlighten us. How will it end that sort of activity since we had it back when the failed faction locks were in palce?

Extra steps would be added that griefers have to go through to mess with the other faction. Plus we will probably need more campaigns during midyear mayhem anyways. Also I havnt done any griefing sessions...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Extra steps would be added that griefers have to go through to mess with the other faction. Plus we will probably need more campaigns during midyear mayhem anyways. Also I havnt done any griefing sessions...

So your idea is based in fantasy that some mysterious extra steps would be put into place to end the activities like the griefing session you were in the middle of recently?

You really need to be clear when suggesting faction lock will end griefing because you could not be more wrong.

Back in the day of the failed faction lock you want to bring back we had scroll griefers. They worked differently ofc, but they were certainly there and the zone chat would have given you the same reaction they recently did when you tried to call others out.

Just go to a low pop campaign, it is quieter there so less chance for griefing. Essentially that has the same affect as having a faction locked campaign since not many would opt for that if given the choice. We know that because most of us do not want to return to the failed system you want to bring back.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TazESO wrote: »
    Interesting how some peeps are getting defensive about OPs suggestion.

Well, farmers for one switch between factions to farm the other when necessary and potential sources of revenue might migrate out of that campaign. As for the other suggestion, I can sympathize for the gate camping analogy but at least I can kill what is in front of me in that scenario. You can't send traitorous faction switching griefers to death
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So your idea is based in fantasy that some mysterious extra steps would be put into place to end the activities like the griefing session you were in the middle of recently?

You really need to be clear when suggesting faction lock will end griefing because you could not be more wrong.

Back in the day of the failed faction lock you want to bring back we had scroll griefers. They worked differently ofc, but they were certainly there and the zone chat would have given you the same reaction they recently did when you tried to call others out.

Just go to a low pop campaign, it is quieter there so less chance for griefing. Essentially that has the same affect as having a faction locked campaign since not many would opt for that if given the choice. We know that because most of us do not want to return to the failed system you want to bring back.

Thankfully this system would be optional in the form of new campaigns
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭

You’re so full of yourself, 2 campaigns ago dc did the same but on EU time (my time) and EP just did it last campaign..where were you then?

That’s right, you enjoy doing it but not having it done to you[/quote]

Last campaign? I mained DC there champ. You see, id rather run around actually killing people with 2 or 3 friends on whatever faction I can find fights rather than sit in Zerg and fire seige at other players. I have some AD toons I made not for griefing but for actual pvp last fall because the EP zergs were insane for months. Before that, when a certain now defunct DC guild choked the life out of the server, i played EP and AD. Keep going on about faction loyalty and how im a bad sport, I love it.