The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Magplar- only 19k dps, pls help

iIIyasviel
iIIyasviel
Soul Shriven
I’m a 400cp magplar and can’t help but feel that I’m severely underperforming at my cp level with only 19k dps being my highest parse. I run 2 random lightning staffs (purple) with spell dmg enchants, 2 grothdar, 5 julianos, and 3 willpower (spell dmg enchants). Rotation: rearming trap (crit)> degeneration> blockade of storms> blazing spear> reflective light > degeneration> heavy> Purifying light, then repeat.
Edited by iIIyasviel on June 18, 2018 7:33PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you animation cancel? Assuming you have a good rotation, starting out with a buff, laying down some DoTs and applying your spam damage before you start over, animation canceling is a big part of the mix. Not the only part as gear, cps and rotations are important too.

Also, do you have all.your class, weapon, armor, guild and racial passives skilled up?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    19k for 400CP doesn’t sound all that bad on a Magplar. Gold everything out and get more CP. If you’re still clearing content at 400CP I wouldn’t be all that worried about it.
  • iIIyasviel
    iIIyasviel
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    Do you animation cancel? Assuming you have a good rotation, starting out with a buff, laying down some DoTs and applying your spam damage before you start over, animation canceling is a big part of the mix. Not the only part as gear, cps and rotations are important too.

Also, do you have all.your class, weapon, armor, guild and racial passives skilled up?

I do light weave in between all my attacks. To start off I use rearming trap (crit), degeneration, blockade of storms, blazing spear, reflective light, degeneration, heavy, and then purifying light and repeat. I don’t use a spammable sense I have to recast dots every rotation.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd just copy JKith build here:
    https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/the-purifying-mage-ranged-magplar-summerset-ready/

If you don't want to use expensive pots just swap clench for degeneration.
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, that's my build! :)

Magplar is quite good this patch. No reason you shouldn't be hitting 30k+ with 400cp.
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    so farming for Siroria is a must then?
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • iIIyasviel
    iIIyasviel
    Soul Shriven
    JKith wrote: »

Magplar is quite good this patch. No reason you shouldn't be hitting 30k+ with 400cp.

Find that hard to believe. Either my gear is stupidly out of tune or something else. Mind elaborating on a build that is able to pull 30k at 400cp?
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think Structured Entropy is generaly better than Degeneration, cuz 8% health bonus is way more useful than heals from light attacks.
    Anyway you could try to play around with new Psijic skills. Take closer look to Elemental Weapon and Channeled Acceleration instead of Trap. Also Elemental Weapon has a nice synergy with Solar Barrage. You cast some dots, then Barrage, then spam light attacks buffed with EW.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    i think Structured Entropy is generaly better than Degeneration, cuz 8% health bonus is way more useful than heals from light attacks.
    Anyway you could try to play around with new Psijic skills. Take closer look to Elemental Weapon and Channeled Acceleration instead of Trap. Also Elemental Weapon has a nice synergy with Solar Barrage. You cast some dots, then Barrage, then spam light attacks buffed with EW.

The EW 'buff' can't be empowered though. Think of it more as a skill that lands with a light attack rather than buffing a light attack.
  • iIIyasviel
    iIIyasviel
    Soul Shriven
    I did a few rotation and skill changes and I’m glad to say that I’ve raised my pathetic 19k dps to a less but still shameful 22.6k dps. Worst magplar ever
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iIIyasviel wrote: »
    I’ve raised my dps ... to 22.6k
    absolutely ok dps in vet dungeons. With additional group buffs (SPC, minor Breach, high-end Crusher, major/minor Berserker, Horn) you will deal around 27K or more.

Don' t forget to use Ultimate and EleDrain for selfbuff parse. Also try to use Radiant at the end. Execute is kinda weird DPS component, cuz that 15-20% HP window is something you can't deal for the other 80% part of HP. Still, you could try.
    Edited by mocap on June 19, 2018 8:02AM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you have inner light on both bars since you only list 6 skills.

Do you use an Ultimate? Which one?

Magplar should try to have an Aedric Spear skill on both bars for the passive +10% bonus crit damage. I still get the best parses uses Puncturing Sweeps so I use that as a spammable on bar 1 and have Blazing Spear on bar 2.

You need to Gold out those staves for an extra 200 Spell Damage on each bar. You should also try to get a 5,5,2 setup since you are missing out on 2 set bonuses by using Willpower + random staves. Staves count for 2 set pieces now in case you missed that change.

Magicka tri pots will help you sustain and you will need to heavy attack less. It will also let you drop Degeneration for any other skill to add to your DPS. Vampires bane is easier to maintain than Reflective Light.

You should be eating Blue or Purple food also (Purple like Wtchmothers).

Lover Mundus will get you best dummy results, but the Spell Power one is more realistic for a group setting.

Your rotation should be something like:

(Drink Potion)>Rearming Trap>Ultimate>Purifying Light>Vampires Bane>Blockade>Blazing Spear>Puncturing X 2. At less than 15 or 20% health use Radiant Destruction instead of Puncturing.

Get the addon Action Duration Reminder if you want a little help keeping an eye on all the cooldowns.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a 400cp magplar and can’t help but feel that I’m severely underperforming at my cp level with only 19k dps being my highest parse. I run 2 random lightning staffs (purple) with spell dmg enchants, 2 grothdar, 5 julianos, and 3 willpower (spell dmg enchants). Rotation: rearming trap (crit)> degeneration> blockade of storms> blazing spear> reflective light > degeneration> heavy> Purifying light, then repeat.

Easiest way to do well: level psijic line and use the spammable. Rotation is Ele Blockade>Vamp Bane>Shards>PL>Ele Weapon x 4. Light attacks before every skill. Below 20% replace Ele Weapon x 4 with Ele Weapon x 1>Radiant. Below 10% drop blockade and shards and cast radiant twice.

For gear I would farm NCR for siroria and pair it with mothers sorrow.

Monster helms by damage are Zaan>Grothdar>Skoria
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    JKith wrote: »

Find that hard to believe. Either my gear is stupidly out of tune or something else. Mind elaborating on a build that is able to pull 30k at 400cp?

Yes, the one I created on TF. ^^ I can reduce my CP to 400 and do a parse if you’d like. Can also not use Siroria and do another parse, no doubt in my mind it will hit 30k+. —

If you post a my build or superstar we can see what you need to change. What are your weapon enchants? What are your jewelry enchants? The rotation you said you do unfortunately is very sub optimal. Are you using 5-1-1 armor? What’s your cp setup? Etc etc.... so many things it could be.

Edited by JKith on June 19, 2018 6:26PM
  • iIIyasviel
    iIIyasviel
    Soul Shriven
    Don’t know how to post pics so I’ll just post a detailed stat sheet. ALL gear and weapons are purple

(Magicka food was active only, no buffs or dmg potions)

41k magicka
    732 mag recovery
    2368 spell dmg (with apprentice stone and 3x divines)
    49.3% crit
    (Spell dmg and crit will vary with buffs obviously)

Weapons (lighting stalves [random])

*main hand* Withered hand (charged weapon enchant, infused)

*backup* unfathomable darkness (weapon damage enchant, infused)

Gear

2x grothdar (max mag, infused) (max mag, invigorating)
    5x Julianos (all are max mag, all divines except chest and breeches which are infused)
    3x willpower jewelry (all spell dmg enchants and arcane)

Rotation (22k dps highest parse [self buffed])
    LA=light attack BS=barswap

Thunderous rage ult
    Elemental drain>LA>channeled focus>LA>blockade of storms>LA>Blazing spear>LA>BS>purifying light>LA>Vampire bane>LA>shock clench>LA> repeat

35% health (execute range)

Blockad of storms>LA>Blazing spear>LA>BS>Radiant oppression>repeat

8% health
    Spam oppression

Cp (402)

[Thief]
    Tower- warlord,16
    Lover- tenacity,49 arcanist,49
    Shadow- tumbling,20

[Mage]
    Apprentice- elf born,23 elemental expert,27 spell erosion,29
    Atronach- staff expert,3 master at arms,26