The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Argonians

lukastef
lukastef
✭✭
Since swimming speed is useless in this game and argonians have that useless passive that they swim little bit faster can we at least give them smthing else or have them swim super fast rly rly fast... there is no diving either it would be great if eso added some underwater content
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swimming speed is not useless in this game, period. Perhaps this is one of the strongest minor racial passives.
    Everything is viable
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst it's not a combat or wealth passive like some of the others it does at least have gameplay applications.

If you've ever been in PvP around the water in Cyrodiil or done one of the dungeons when you jump into water after a long fall then you'll be glad you had it then.
    Still better than the Orc inspiration bonus that once you reach max level in all crafts has no benefit for a max level character.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • lukastef
    lukastef
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Whilst it's not a combat or wealth passive like some of the others it does at least have gameplay applications.

If you've ever been in PvP around the water in Cyrodiil or done one of the dungeons when you jump into water after a long fall then you'll be glad you had it then.
    Still better than the Orc inspiration bonus that once you reach max level in all crafts has no benefit for a max level character.

you mean like in vaults of madness, can you pls explain why it isnt useless there I rly dont know
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty useful passive when it's needed (like swimming to islands and whatnot), and it suites the lore behind Argonians. They're amphibious and can swim well and breathe underwater. Since we can't explore underwater in ESO, the fast swim speed is nice.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not terribly useful unless you like swimming quickly - one of my friends plays an argonian and derives a great deal of amusement from taunting us whenever he gets to race us using his better swim speed. It could be legitimately useful in PVP, otherwise its just slightly more useful than the traditional Argonian passive of being able to breathe underwater...in a game with no underwater portions.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lukastef wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

you mean like in vaults of madness, can you pls explain why it isnt useless there I rly dont know
    Because you get to save time swimming, instead of (if you didn't jump far enough) watching for 10 seconds and you slowly move towards land.

I'm not saying it's greatest thing ever, but it does come up at times and when it does it's nice to have the speed buff.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swimming is ok in PvP
    Several spots where you can kite enemies and kill them while they try to swim to you at non olympic speed lol.
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    don't take away argonian swimming speed, just nerf the slaughterfish!
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE my swim speed buff!!! (no sarcasm). Those particular flavor bonuses are not meant to be serious advantages. Even the races that have something that exists beyond caps, are so minuscule that they are pointless. Argonians have one of the best in the entire game. Leave it alone.
    Edited by BejaProphet on June 19, 2018 12:10PM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You expect me to swim at a snails pace like everyone else when I'm swimming back to shore after Balreth lays into that DC ship in the Davon's Watch quest? How about swimming to/from the Dreugh WB by Vivec's Antlers? The many parts of Shadowfen that are divided by a body of water to get to them (several WBs, delves and landmarks) What about swimming to Miltrin's Fishing Cabin in Glenumbra for the Shrieking Scar side quest? Drowned Coast Dolmen in Greenshade? The Bangkorai WB loop requires some swimming as well.

If I lose my swim speed, heads will roll.

Argonian forever
  • rikimm16_ESO
    rikimm16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I love the swimming passive on my Argonnian in PvE... for PvP it’s useless imo!