Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Wireless 360 controller not recognized in Wine on Kubuntu

bradleypariah
bradleypariah
✭✭
I know the game is not supported under Wine/Linux, but I'm hoping someone else has run into this and can maybe help me. I have a wireless 360 gamepad that works throughout Kubuntu. I use it in native Linux/Steam games and in Windows games under Wine. For example, I have used it in Fallout 3 with no issues. So, proof of concept is there.
I have tried both the xpad driver and xboxdrv.
I have tools installed on my computer that verify my controller is functioning, but when I enable the controller UI in ES:O, the game doesn't recognize that my controller exists.
Do I need to use x360ce? If so, which folder would the dll files belong in?

I know I can use AntiMicro to map the controller to keyboard & mouse commands, but playing the game that way isn't as nice as being able to use Zenimax's purpose-built UI, and it negates my analog sticks for movement speed.
I know not everyone hates Windows, but I'm not considering switching back to Windows as a solution to this problem. I don't want to switch operating systems. The game runs/looks fantastic on my machine. Just trying to figure this one thing out. I appreciate your time.
  • bradleypariah
    bradleypariah
    ✭✭
    I solved this.

In Lutris, I unchecked the dinput/xinput boxes, and manually set xinput mode to 64-bit.