The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lethal Arrow, no-cooldown, close range multicast

jjjozo
jjjozo
✭✭✭
"Lethal Arrow, 1.1 sec cast ability" ...you walk around happy as always, enemy show up like 2meters near you, then you suddenly die in 1 second, you hear just mesh of multiple Lethal Arrow sounds. Then you look at death recap, 4x lethal arrow (one player).

So, how you do that? Share some guide, so we all can be cancerous idiots, thx.

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This skill has always been buggy like that. Sometime you can react to it, others you can't hear it at all and take 20k+ dmg from 2-3 hits without realising.

Skill should of been removed a long time ago or atleast got a cast time increase and the defile removed.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lucky the players aren't in charge then , as they would have ruined then game ages ago
  • Altercator
    Altercator
    ✭✭✭
    Lethal Arrow is a great skill. Just mash the buttons harder and faster. Works great!
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    jjjozo wrote: »
    "Lethal Arrow, 1.1 sec cast ability" ...you walk around happy as always, enemy show up like 2meters near you, then you suddenly die in 1 second, you hear just mesh of multiple Lethal Arrow sounds. Then you look at death recap, 4x lethal arrow (one player).

So, how you do that? Share some guide, so we all can be cancerous idiots, thx.

Lag will show 2 insta lethal arrows...see it more in prime time
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky the players aren't in charge then , as they would have ruined then game ages ago

Acting as is Zos haven't killed the game themselves?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Acting as is Zos haven't killed the game themselves?

They have but I think if we the players had control it would have be buried ages ago
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like you can't hear the shots until the first one hits you. then you realize you've been hit with 3 or 4.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't trust the death recap, it doesn't show the 5 most recent sources of damage, it shows major sources of damage taken recently and tends to prioritize heavy hitting abilities. It could be counting a lethal arrow from 20 seconds ago.
  • jjjozo
    jjjozo
    ✭✭✭
    Don't trust the death recap, it doesn't show the 5 most recent sources of damage, it shows major sources of damage taken recently and tends to prioritize heavy hitting abilities. It could be counting a lethal arrow from 20 seconds ago.

Yeah, but i meant it like in sudden gank situations, not in long fight. You know, like you go 5min without fight, i hope then is death recap clear of RNG choice of damage.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I always find these comments odd. Esp when a tick for like 600 dmg killed you and it shows on the recap.

I'm on Xbox and I've never seen abilities"prioritized" like so many people say
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I always find these comments odd. Esp when a tick for like 600 dmg killed you and it shows on the recap.

They aren't. He's talking out of his ass. Death recaps are always the last skills that hit you.

This glitch really does need to go. Just give snipe a 6 second cooldown, while lowering the initial cast time. Problem solved.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They aren't. He's talking out of his ass. Death recaps are always the last skills that hit you.

This glitch really does need to go. Just give snipe a 6 second cooldown, while lowering the initial cast time. Problem solved.

And you killed the ability, especially in pve. Fix the "glitch", don't neuter the skill
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It always shows the killing blow, no matter what, that's one of the few things I'm sure about. I'm not sure anybody is 100% certain on what abilities are selected for the recap, but it absolutely can't be the 5 most recent sources of damage because it will frequently show 3 sloads procs on the recap from a 1v1 even though the other person obviously casted more than 3 spells over the course of the last 18 seconds.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

And you killed the ability, especially in pve. Fix the "glitch", don't neuter the skill

It's not really a viable PVE skill in the first place though, either morph. It never has been. Stam dps rarely have room to slot a weapons skill line spammable; and last time I check, none of the classes use snipe for their pve rotations.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It always shows the killing blow, no matter what, that's one of the few things I'm sure about. I'm not sure anybody is 100% certain on what abilities are selected for the recap, but it absolutely can't be the 5 most recent sources of damage because it will frequently show 3 sloads procs on the recap from a 1v1 even though the other person obviously casted more than 3 spells over the course of the last 18 seconds.

Sload is the exception though, not the rule. The point is that this lethal arrow glitch where 2-4 will hit simultaneously is not new. It's been around since I first started PVPing and just happened to me this morning twice. The bow skill line is broken for PVP and needs extensive maintenance. The draining shot infinite CC bug is already a pain, but the snipe spam sudden death is gamebreaking.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always thought it shows you the last damage to health.

So an ability damaging a shield wouldn't count.

I also believe the last tick off a dot that has damaged health will be the determination for that Dot's location on the list.

So if I have sload and this is what happens

LA
    Sload proc
    Frag
    Sload tick 1
    LA
    Curse cast
    Sload Tick 2
    LA
    Wrath
    Sload 3
    LA
    Frag
    Sload 4
    Curse Det + Wrath Proc = dead (hypothetically)

Recap will place the total damage done from Sload after Frag

Frag
    Sload
    Curse
    Wrath

With multiple players it makes a lot of sense that sload's ticks are always some of the last items on recaps.

Especially if someone is using healing ward etc
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 30, 2018 7:40PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BGs today.

From 20k health to dead in a second, only reason i screenshotted it is because i died so fast so was curious.

i1UBYub.png

Edited by molecule on July 1, 2018 1:28AM
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a well-known exploit that ZOS stubbornly refuses to fix, or even acknowledge. I'm pretty sure it will continue to be ignored until some noble soul sacrifices their own forum account to post videos of how to do the exploit.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you got hit by 2 different people @molecule. That's not the same as the multi-snipe exploit.
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you got hit by 2 different people @molecule. That's not the same as the multi-snipe exploit.

Yes, definatly 2 players , wasn't trying to imply they were cheating - but the death was almost instant.

Lethal arrow hits harder and faster , and the forum is full of Sloads and Rune Cage being OP ?!
    Edited by molecule on July 1, 2018 1:54AM
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a well-known exploit that ZOS stubbornly refuses to fix, or even acknowledge. I'm pretty sure it will continue to be ignored until some noble soul sacrifices their own forum account to post videos of how to do the exploit.

There is no snipe exploit, until you or someone else proves otherwise we have to assume that these are cases of lag spike. Or of someone just not paying attention for 3.3 seconds (also likely).

Lag spikes and innattentive players are things we know exist, this mythical "snipe exploit" is not something we have evidence for.

I'm not saying that it's impossible that people are exploiting, there just needs to be some more substantial evidence than what people have posted so far.
  • schwarzman1
    schwarzman1
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, no snipe exploit. That’s a good one.
    Edited by schwarzman1 on July 1, 2018 4:24AM
    PS4 NA AD
    PSN: schwarzman1
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a video on the snipe user's pov on this "exploit"
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wear reflect or hold block. Snipers tend to run after the first shot fails or gets reflected. If not, gap close -> interrupt. Block is your greatest defense though against any gank. Literally no one with a brain would attack someone holding block.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Wear reflect or hold block. Snipers tend to run after the first shot fails or gets reflected. If not, gap close -> interrupt. Block is your greatest defense though against any gank. Literally no one with a brain would attack someone holding block.

Lol what? You cannot counter this when it comes from stealth unless you accidentally reflect them while engaged in combat against anyone else and the sniper is in gap close range and are too braindead to press Cloak again and die to their own projectiles or so. And no, no one is gonna move to another keep/resource/outpost or place of action while holding block all the way. Lol.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Lol what? You cannot counter this when it comes from stealth unless you accidentally reflect them while engaged in combat against anyone else and the sniper is in gap close range and are too braindead to press Cloak again and die to their own projectiles or so. And no, no one is gonna move to another keep/resource/outpost or place of action while holding block all the way. Lol.

I'm talking about defensive stance. If a player is wearing a shield and has that skill and can't be bothered to wear it 100% of the time, then they have bigger problems than getting sniped to death. If a player is a magicka char and can't be bothered to wear an HoT 100% of the time, they have bigger problems than snipe. If there is more than one person attacking a player with ranged skills and they aren't rolling, they have bigger problems than snipe.

As for the enemy pressing cloak again, guess what? The player just survived the gank and now know they are there. If the player can't regain control after that, chances are they wouldn't have won either way. If a player seriously relies on reflected damage to win, lmfao. Again, bigger problems than snipe.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snipe is annoying, but when I die instantly to it, the server is always laggy.

No need to ruin the skill, fix the servers to handle the load.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snipe is fine. It has many counters. Move on folks.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not fine. It is bugged. Bugged snipes have no counterplay. Bugs should be fixed.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    It is not fine. It is bugged. Bugged snipes have no counterplay. Bugs should be fixed.

Exactly this.
    Aztlan wrote: »
    Snipe is fine. It has many counters. Move on folks.

Clearly doesn't know what we are talking about
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds