The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

2 best crafted sets

gimpdrb14_ESO
gimpdrb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
for magic nb dps? for PvE.
Edited by gimpdrb14_ESO on June 19, 2018 2:20PM
  • I_B_Squishy
    I_B_Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    Julianos Shacklebreaker and Sloads works well, Sloads especially for PVP
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Julianos and mechicanical acuity. Are the best two. But i actually think mechanical acuity and twice born star might actually work better together. With apprentice and shadow.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mother's sorrow, sororria and zaan
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He said PvE
    Bfish22090 wrote: »

Sororria is not craftable...or Mother's Sorrow

Man people can't read. To answer your question Julianos or Mechanical Acuity. I would pair Julianos with a farmable set like Scathing Mage or Spinners. To each your own.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Julianos and mechicanical acuity if your using force pulse.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are new and still learning the game, and are playing as a damage dealer then I would strongly suggest the following two craftable sets:
    1. Julianos - 6 trait - preferably made with Heavy Chest, Medium Legs and Light Hands, Waist and Feet, this set is almost BiS even for end game players and will always be useful, if you want to gold this set then don't think twice about it.
    2. Seducer - 3 trait - This is the best sustain set of all that is easily accessible, you can make this in any combination you like, but remember that you will out grow it as you become more familiar with the game. So if you make jewelry go only up to blue, otherwise it's a waste.

There are other sets too that can be combined with Julianos, like:
    1. Twice Born Star - 9 trait - Allows two Mundus Stones at the same time
    2. Innate Axiom - 2 trait - If you use a lot of class based skills
    3. Torug's Pact - 3 trait - Excellent when combined with infused weapons
    4. Kagrenac's Hope - 8 trait - Spell Damage and Max Health with quick Resurrection, good for group play
    5. Shacklebreaker - 6 trait - Max resources

However as others have suggested, it is better to go one crafted set (for body) and one farmed set, because investing in crafted jewelry should be done only if you are perfectly sure that you are going to use that set for a long time.

Always leave the head and shoulder for an Undaunted Monster Set.

Cheers
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Julianos is always a decent base set. Shacklebreaker would be my second set pick, but mechanical acuity works.

I’d question if you really want two craft sets. I’d personally lean Mother’s Sorrow or Spinners as my second set (unless I was setting up for trials, then I’d farm trial gear). The thing is that the drop sets perform a little better, and getting purple jewelry is much easier right now than making it. You could farm purple jewelry in either of those in a couple hours, or spend hmm ~50k gold. Crafting set jewelry is a pain, unless you already have the mats. I’m nowhere near three purple pieces yet.
  • DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭
    Noob here. What is a SLOAD?
    Ra'avi Ahjonihr Khajit Stamblade, Level 1500Master ThiefCrafter and ExplorerHero of the Dominion, Pact, and CovenantMember of the DragonguardFriend to Razum-darFavored of Azura
    'It does not matter to M'aiq how strong or smart one is. It only matters what one can do.' -M'aiq the Liar
  • Reaver-Stormhamre
    Reaver-Stormhamre
    ✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »

none of these are crafted as OP specified
    Working as intended
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Super Lusty Old Argonian Dame

In all seriousness, it is a new crafted set that was introduced with the Summerset Chapter.

Sloads Semblance Set
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 Items) Damaging an ememy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭
    @Feric51 oh, ok...I'm probably hundreds of levels away from that set... BUT another noob question on the benefits stacking on set items. 1 item gives this, two gives this, etc. Do you lose the 1st one if you have two, leaving it just with the two benefit? or is it just added, asin you have two items in the set you get both the one benefit, AND the two benefit, etc.?
    Ra'avi Ahjonihr Khajit Stamblade, Level 1500Master ThiefCrafter and ExplorerHero of the Dominion, Pact, and CovenantMember of the DragonguardFriend to Razum-darFavored of Azura
    'It does not matter to M'aiq how strong or smart one is. It only matters what one can do.' -M'aiq the Liar
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Feric51 oh, ok...I'm probably hundreds of levels away from that set... BUT another noob question on the benefits stacking on set items. 1 item gives this, two gives this, etc. Do you lose the 1st one if you have two, leaving it just with the two benefit? or is it just added, asin you have two items in the set you get both the one benefit, AND the two benefit, etc.?

They accumulate, you get them all.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@DawnsLight65

The bonuses are additive. Meaning with two pieces of a set equipped you will receive the 2-piece bonus. With three pieces equipped you will receive the 2-piece bonus and the 3-piece bonus.

For 90% of the monster-dropped "set" pieces in the game, (and 100% of the crafted sets) wearing 1 piece will not gain you any "set bonuses" (although each piece of gear has its own armor rating/weapon damage, enchantment, and trait that will apply regardless if you're wearing a matching set). Most sets start with a minimum 2-piece bonus and go up to 5-piece bonus.

The exceptions to this rule are affectionately termed "monster" sets that are only made up of head and shoulder armor. The headgear is acquired by killing the final boss of a group dungeon on veteran difficulty, and each set is specific to a particular dungeon. I.E. You can only acquire Kragh's headgear from defeating the final boss in Fungal Grotto I on veteran level; Engine Guardian headgear from Darkshade Caverns II. The shoulder pieces are sourced by running the group dungeon daily undaunted quests and opening undaunted chests with the keys awards for turning in the quests. There are three chests, and each chest has a chance to drop a shoulder piece from any one of monster sets whose dungeons are represented by that quest giver. What set piece you get is decided by pure RNG. These sets offer only a maximum of 2-piece bonuses because they are restricted to head and shoulders.

To further complicate matters, some sets have a maximum of 3-piece bonuses (willpower, agility, etc.). And some weapons offer 1-piece bonuses only (Maelstrom, Master's, Asylum, etc).

But since this thread has been about crafted sets... all crafted sets will offer set bonuses starting with 2-pieces, and up to a maximum of 5-pieces. You can wear more than 5 pieces, but you will not gain any additional set bonuses past the 5th piece.

With recent changes implemented with the Summerset patch to how set bonuses are calculated, it is possible to wear two, 5-piece sets and a 2-piece monster set on any character regardless of weapon type. 2-handed weapons such as greatswords, mauls, battleaxes, bows and staves now count as 2 items with regards to the set bonuses. So wielding an inferno staff of Juliannos will now automatically give you the 2-piece bonus while technically being only a single item (since it takes up both weapon slots).

Keep this in mind once you reach level CP160 and consider crafting max-level gear. Avoid crafting pieces for the head and shoulder slots if possible to save room for a monster set once you are able to complete the content to get it.

If any of that was confusing let me know and I'll attempt to clarify.

Edit for misleading text.
    Edited by Feric51 on June 22, 2018 7:53PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DawnsLight65

To add to some of what Feric said...some newbie gear tips.

You have twelve slots, seven body gear, three pieces of jewelry, and two for whatever weapon you’re holding. Note, a bow or staff or any 2h weapon is one item, but now counts as two slots. If I equip a Sloads greatsword and that’s all I’m wearing (#metoo), I get the 2 item buff. If I add a hat, I get the 2 and 3 item buff, etc.

Powering an eso character is largely about maximizing your slots...getting as many buffs as you can, and the right buffs for that character.

You will often see us vets refer to gear setups as something like a “5/5/2” setup. This means the character is wearing one complete five piece set to get all those buffs, another entire five piece set to get a whole other list of buffs, then two pieces of a third set to get those buffs. Often the third set is a monster helm set, which are all two pieces, but it doesn’t have to be.

These special sets come in two categories - crafted and drop. Crafted means you (or another player) makes them at a special station. Crafted sets can be made for any level character and are totally customizable. The second type are “drop sets,” meaning those sets drop randomly in specific zones. Like there’s a set called Spiggans, and it drops in Bangkorai, so that means dolmens in the zone will drop jewelry and delve bosses will drop body pieces and world bosses will drop other body pieces. When you obtain a drop set piece, it will be whatever level that character is when they pick it up.

You are totally ready to be wearing sets...even at low level, they’ll give you a ton of power. Low level characters tend to level quickly, so usually the easiest thing is to work your crafting and build your own gear as you go.

I think you’re on PS4 NA, which is my server. If so, if you like I’ll shoot you over a setup to play with and start learning how these work. Free of charge, mats are literally garbage to me, lol. Let me know 1. Class, 2. Race, 3. If you’re really leaning into a specific role (healer, dps, etc), 4. If there are specifics you struggle with (I die a lot, I run out of stam, my gear smells like old eggs, etc). 5. Desired weapon types. Private message me, or MAKE SURE to use @davey1107 in a response in this thread or I won’t see to come back and check.

• LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Be careful investing in sloads though. There is a nerf incoming.
  • DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭
    @davey1107 Due to a issue setting up my character, I am on PS4 EU, not NA, and I didnt realize how much this makes a difference working with my NA friends until I was deep into progressing this character. Darn. I WISH they would allow sharing between servers. Well this character will help me learn the ropes, and then I will build again since I will have the technology: better stronger, faster. ;)

@Nestor of course some of it is confusing, I'm a noob, but I got the gist, and will learn more as I go, and your insight, and @davey1107 's, will be referenced and make more sense as I craft more and pick up more pieces.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hunding for stamina, Julianos for magicka. They are by far the most flexible and useful because they give you raw stats; they are more suited in PvE, but work reasonably well in PvP too, if paired with a sustain set.

There are other crafted sets that work for specific application. For example NMG used to be one good PvE support set pre-Summerset, but now the buff it provides is identical to the one obtainable from various skills - 3/5 classes have access to Major Fracture - but for the other 2 it's much better as solo play set, both in PvE & PvP, as they are not forced to use 1H+S for Puncture. Sets like Mechanical Acuity (also post-Summerset) are only useful for classes that do a lot of direct damage, like NB since you can't proc it off DoTs so it's less than ideal for something like DK or Templar. Also there are sets that are good for specific applications, like Armor of the Seducer, Shackle Breaker, Fortified Brass which are PvP oriented, Sload's Semblance which is totally unbalanced and will be nerfed soon, Eternal Hunt if you are a gank & kite NB, Pelinal's Aptitude if you play WW. An honorable mention for Torug's Pact for some PvE tank builds and PvP builds that rely on high proc damage from enchant.

The other ~75% are sub par although some were quite good back in the day, but have become so due to various changes in game, for example Twice Born Star due to Mundus and Warhorn changes, or Armor Master because it's too demanding, and offers almost exactly the same bonuses you permanently get from Fortified Brass. Most of those have never been useful.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

Super Lusty Old Argonian Dame

In all seriousness, it is a new crafted set that was introduced with the Summerset Chapter.

Sloads Semblance Set
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 Items) Damaging an ememy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

Pretty sure that would be disease damage but don't take my word for it.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Hunding for stamina,

Can I pick these up in the areas they usually drop, or where they are up too high an area for my level 28 NB to go?

Eternal Hunt if you are a gank & kite NB,

What is a Gank and Kite NightBlade?

Edited by DawnsLight65 on June 25, 2018 12:15PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hunding for stamina

Can I pick these up in the areas they usually drop, or where they are up too high an area for my level 28 NB to go?

Eternal Hunt if you are a gank & kite NB,

What is a Gank and Kite NightBlade?

The topic is about crafted sets. This mean you can craft them, and not find them anywhere as drops. Also sets that do drop are always leveled to you. This means that if you go in Bangkorai as level 31 you'll get level 31 Spriggans drop, but if you go back a couple of months later when you're CP160+ it will drop at CP160. Here is a list of all sets in the game, both dropped and crafted. For a PvE stamina character you should pick sets that give maximum stamina, weapon damage, weapon critical, and if you PvP also sets that give stamina recovery, resistance, or even one maximum health bonus are recommended.

As for the "gank & kite" it's a game style popular in PvP where a NB ambushes a player, then if he's not successful outright it will run, turn invisible and then attempt again. Eternal Hunt helps this because it makes a trap that routes the pursuer and makes it easier to open up the distance and go invisible again; also the set can be used offensively, to route the enemy in place so he's forced to break free, consume stamina and thus not be able to doge/block the incoming Incapacitating Strike.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭
    Hunding for stamina

The topic is about crafted sets.

So, I could eventually craft a Hundings set? Does it require a specialized forge?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hunding for stamina

The topic is about crafted sets.

So, I could eventually craft a Hundings set? Does it require a specialized forge?

Yes, and it requires you to know 6 traits. The craft stations are in The Rift, Bangkorai and Reaper's March, which are final quest areas for each alliance. Also it's possible to attune a station to those and place it elsewhere - many guilds have attuned stations for all sets in their halls. I recommend having someone craft it for you, since it takes a couple of months to research that many, even with all the passives.

I actually used 5 Hunding's + 4 NMG and 3 random robust jewelry as leveling setup for my characters for a long time. I crafted that every 10 levels, since as you level, your gear bonuses become weaker if it's crafted at a lower level than your character. Since leveling is reasonably fast, and overland mobs don't pose much of a challenge, 10 levels is reasonable. Getting appropriate materials for your level is easy, just deconstruct the non-set gear that drops from enemies and keep the materials; this will also level your respective crafting skill. Then go to a guild mate, ask him to craft a set for you and provide the materials.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    You will often see us vets refer to gear setups as something like a “5/5/2” setup. This means the character is wearing one complete five piece set to get all those buffs, another entire five piece set to get a whole other list of buffs, then two pieces of a third set to get those buffs. Often the third set is a monster helm set, which are all two pieces, but it doesn’t have to be.

sometimes or 5/1/1 or 5/2 is used to describe wether you wear 5 pieces heavy/light/medium combined with either two of the other or maybe just two heavy (depending on the setup preferably the chest and or legs, but if youre wearing dropped gear which isnt heavy, shoulder or head in a heavy monster set) combined with 5 light or medium. This is because of the gear passives, and especially the passive from the undaunted skill line, which gives you bonus when wearing different amor types (and also in pvp you can use a little bit of extra amor). Its imprtant to know that that some passives (and CP passives) from amor only work if youre wearing at least 5 types of that, and some passives already work with one or two
    PC-EU @lientier
  • DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭
    @Asardes I already deconstruct everything I can to get xp and mats across the board. :) Thanks for the info.. had already decided to go with Hundings as per how my build was going, just didn't know how to get from point a (noob) to point b (able to pickup/craft).

@lientier how/when do you become one of the Undaunted? Level 28 now.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DawnsLight65 I dont know which fraction you are, but in the first main zone you will find the undaunted in a pub in the city. For Dominion its in Vulkhel Guard, in the inn upstairs. They will send you to the first dungeon. At level 45 the pledges will beocme available, you get xp from doing a dungeon for the first time, from the dungeon achievements and from pledges. In the capital city (eg Mournhold, Grahtwood, Wayrest), there is the undaunted enclave, where you will find Bogrul, who also gives you delve dailies, which net a small amount of undaunted XP each time (and also like the mages guld public dungeon daily, or the fightersguild anchor daily you have a chance of getting the Draugr motif pages)
    PC-EU @lientier
  • DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭
    @lientier Thank you...I'm headed into Vulkul anyway after I finish out open quests in Malabor Tor and a couple other places. (I hate too many open quests on my journal). I'm Dominion faction btw.
    Edited by DawnsLight65 on June 26, 2018 11:38AM
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Julianos and mechicanical acuity. Are the best two. But i actually think mechanical acuity and twice born star might actually work better together. With apprentice and shadow.

I second the Julianos and Mechanical Acuity sets. My "alt" magicka Templar damage dealer became my "main" once I went to this combo. Even though Mech Acuity was nerfed a bit, it still is a great set.