The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO crashing all the time

The702Guy
The702Guy
✭✭✭
Ever since the last patch I have crashed in ESO every hour or two and it is getting frustrating. I have had friends having similar issues ever since the patch. I never crashed before the patch and now it’s a regular thing. I thought there was a correlation from when I was typing in chat I would crash but it’s actually been doing it randomly no no matter what I am doing. Anyone know what is going on or how to stop it? I’m on Xbox One.
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the club.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • sedi
    sedi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same for me on PS4.
  • patents
    patents
    ✭✭✭
    PC

I used to have this problem with chat crashing my game until I found out that the culprit was the auto translator which was accidentally turned on while playing the game. The game crashes when I type in other languages.

I turned it off permanently and it stopped crashing
    Edited by patents on April 9, 2018 12:29AM
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I am seeing this being reported for consoles a lot since the last patch. I haven't actually had a hard crash recently, but I AM getting DC'ed a lot, where the game stops responding, and then I get the "cannot connect to game server" screen.

From talking to others, a Hard Crash is only occuring in certain areas and situations, mostly where there are a lot of other players. For that reason, I am avoiding rawl'kha/elden root/mournhold wherever possible as its happening because of so many people spamming effects or duelling in the area. Also quite a few crashes are happening in cyrodiil, which just doesn't surprise me anymore.
    Edited by Bonzodog01 on April 9, 2018 12:36AM
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is IPv6 activated in your router settings?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here Xbox one NA since last patch. Using the One X and have ESO on an SSD. Crashes were always an issue but now much more frequent.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One or two times in the last we or so.
  • MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭
    I get disconnected 3-4 times a day on xbox na. It is very random and not always in populated areas. This had stopped awhile back but seems to have started again the past few weeks.
  • The702Guy
    The702Guy
    ✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    Yeah, I am seeing this being reported for consoles a lot since the last patch. I haven't actually had a hard crash recently, but I AM getting DC'ed a lot, where the game stops responding, and then I get the "cannot connect to game server" screen.

From talking to others, a Hard Crash is only occuring in certain areas and situations, mostly where there are a lot of other players. For that reason, I am avoiding rawl'kha/elden root/mournhold wherever possible as its happening because of so many people spamming effects or duelling in the area. Also quite a few crashes are happening in cyrodiil, which just doesn't surprise me anymore.

Yeah I’ve been getting hard crashes and I don’t even have to be in a populated area. Like I said this is a new occurrence with the patch
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    I've been crashing frequently on the EU server in the past few days. Game is almost becoming unplayable for me now, and I'm pretty into the game:- got 10 CP 750+ chars on the NA server, so this is kinda an issue for me...
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The702Guy wrote: »
    Ever since the last patch I have crashed in ESO every hour or two and it is getting frustrating. I have had friends having similar issues ever since the patch. I never crashed before the patch and now it’s a regular thing. I thought there was a correlation from when I was typing in chat I would crash but it’s actually been doing it randomly no no matter what I am doing. Anyone know what is going on or how to stop it? I’m on Xbox One.

I wish it would only crash every hour or two, I gave up yesterday after 16 crashes in just under an hour in Cyrodill.
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.