The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

"Sniper" Stamina Nightblade PvP Build (Bow/Bow) [Summerset]

DDuke
DDuke
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone, here's the "Sniper" build seen in my recent videos, updated for Summerset. Enjoy :smile:

https://youtu.be/axkpih8ehw4
  • Unique ranged stamina playstyle.
  • Extremely high burst damage.
  • Squishy, but good at avoiding damage. Definitely not a tank build.
  • Works in: BGs & Open World (both CP and no-CP), 1vX & Grp vs Grp

Intro: 00:00
Gear: 00:33
Stats: 03:06
Skills (Main Bar): 03:15
Skills (Off Bar): 05:22
Champion Points: 07:22

If you have any questions/feedback let me know!
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant focus on content, editing is too good.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :smile:

liked it
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also updated the written guide over at Tamriel Foundry:
    https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/sniper-bowbow-pvp-build-cwc/
  • skyhawk002
    skyhawk002
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Why not vicenanon, Sloads or Morag Tong?
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    skyhawk002 wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »

Why not vicenanon, Sloads or Morag Tong?

Vicecanon & Sload are less bursty sets and would be better for longer fights or in a combination with a set like Skoria. Different builds. Though worth noting is that for a DoT oriented build Sheer Venom would be a better choice than Vicecanon (provides much more damage with 2-4p and the proc itself).

Generally when building around Asylum Bow you want to focus on making Lethal Arrow deal a lot of damage as it gets increased by another +50% from the bow. Proc sets run kinda contrary to this design as they provide separate sources of damage rather than buffing your skills.

Morag Tong is good and would add a bit more burst with this build compared to Hawk's Eye or Marksman (as you land light attack beforehand to buff up the Lethal Arrow/Acid Spray), but I don't feel like it's necessary or worth the sustain loss as the damage is very close to same as it'd be with Hawk's Eye/Marksman.

Another thing with Morag Tong is that you'd also have to use Acid Spray to get good value with it, and that morph is currently bugged and breaks your own cloak whenever it deals DoT damage.

Fixed on the PTS though, so Acid Spray should be an option again next patch.
  • PickleRick
    PickleRick
    ✭✭✭
    @DDuke thoughts on the scattershot buff and will it change anything with the way you play?
    Come on, flip the pickle, Morty, you're not gonna regret it. The payoff is huge. I turned myself into a pickle, Morty! Boom! Big reveal! I'm a pickle! What do you think about that? I turned myself into a pickle! W-w-what are you just staring at me for, bro, I turned myself into a pickle, Morty.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PickleRick wrote: »
    @DDuke thoughts on the scattershot buff and will it change anything with the way you play?

Lots of thoughts... but most of the ideas I want to test in practice before getting overhyped.

I am very happy they changed Scatter Shot to 28m though, and the new bow synergizes very well with Asylum Bow (so probably replacing Master's Bow off bar with Blackrose) as you can increase the damage of next Magnum/Draining Shot by 50% by bombarding on the Asylum bar and then weapon swapping to Blackrose & using Magnum/Draining from there and then 40% of that damage is dealt every 2s by the Blackrose DoT.

Probably replacing Piercing Mark (especially now that it's getting nerfed) with Magnum or Draining Shot (not entirely sure on the morph yet, Magnum deals more dmg but Draining stun is harder to break and the heal can be useful) - Bombard should be enough to counter stealthers with.

In general I'd expect the build to do a lot better in non-gank scenarios now that it has a viable on-demand CC, but we'll see.
  • Myux
    Myux
    ✭✭✭
    actively making the game worse to play thanks op
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Myux wrote: »
    actively making the game worse to play thanks op

And comments like yours make the community worse. Get outa here
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was thinking about it as interesting build until I found it's based on Master/Asylum weapons.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    very nice, especially video edition, nice work!