Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What to do now?

Avoranti
Avoranti
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello all, I recently started playing ESO and have been playing Solo on my Stam/DK. I have Morrowind, Clockwork and Wrothgar. In the little time I’ve been playing I’ve completed all 3 alliance pve stories, all side quest (except repeatables), even public dungeons in each zone. I’ve competed Morrowind, Clockwork and Wrothgar as well. Even completed the pve story in Craglorn. I played pvp long enough to get rank 6 for a couple skills I wanted. But now, I have nothing left to do. I prefer solo game play. Only thing left that I see is group content and repeatables. I’m CP 300. I’ve pre ordered Summerset but that’s weeks away for PS4. So, what should I be doing? What’s left? I feel kind of lost now that I’ve done as must solo stuff as I can do. Suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maelstrom arena then you have to wait for summerset.
    Edited by Banana on May 11, 2018 12:57AM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont understand how you did all solo content in the game and you are only CP 300. Did you do all the DLCs? Dark brotherhood/gold coast and thieves guild/hews bane as well? Did you do all of coldharbor? Did you collect all the skyshards in the zones?Have you checked websites with quests lists to make sure you didnt miss any? I mean each zone has dozens of quests in it. Did you get all the achieves for questing in every zone?

I thought their was a lot more solo content. I feel like you are missing some stuff. If you did all the solo stuff you have two choices really. Work on achievements and/or do group content. I mean this is a social game kind of built around repeatable group content.
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could start working on soloing the normal level group dungeons, and the group content in Craglorn. You could also pick up the Thieves Guild and/or Dark Brotherhood DLCs and do that content.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, most people tend to play alts as well, if only to see how different classes feel for them... and that way rack up their CP when they do all the content again, try how this or that fight goes on, say, a nightblade instead, or a new warden... (though admittedly, it does get tenious after a few characters... the replay value is not that great, seeing how you hardly get much in the way of meaningful choices during the questings, to make things different...).

But if that is not for you, well, TG and DB have been mentioned, Dailies are a possibility, Maelstrom arena is solo play, and there is always achievement hunting... and of course there never is an end for PvP in cyrodil and imperial city if you are battlecrazy enough to go for that gankfest... ;)
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres plenty to do in this game
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... and there is a myriad of games out there waiting to be played as well - a temporary break from ESO here and there is beneficial, you will enjoy it more when you return after a while. It's basically like in real life as well - one needs a vacation from time to time - always doing the same stuff will just lead to a burn out scenario.
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try housing, become a master angler, become a multi millionaire working the markets. Farm all solo motifs in the game.

Lots to do besides questing.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Get Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood. I'd also recommend getting into some PVE and PVP. Ya won't be the greatest at first, but that comes with experience!
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avoranti wrote: »
    Hello all, I recently started playing ESO and have been playing Solo on my Stam/DK. I have Morrowind, Clockwork and Wrothgar. In the little time I’ve been playing I’ve completed all 3 alliance pve stories, all side quest (except repeatables), even public dungeons in each zone. I’ve competed Morrowind, Clockwork and Wrothgar as well. Even completed the pve story in Craglorn. I played pvp long enough to get rank 6 for a couple skills I wanted. But now, I have nothing left to do. I prefer solo game play. Only thing left that I see is group content and repeatables. I’m CP 300. I’ve pre ordered Summerset but that’s weeks away for PS4. So, what should I be doing? What’s left? I feel kind of lost now that I’ve done as must solo stuff as I can do. Suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Make sure every zone is complete, all world bosses, dolmens, delves, skyshard ect.
    Then start running vet dungeons, learning the mechanics, making your build, getting gear.
    Do some farming to start stocking up on mats, maybe go for master crafter, or at least level 50 in all crafts for writs.
    After that it is more about gaining skill for end game, trials then vet trials.
    If you are lost for things to do, look to the in game achievements, work towards completing them
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭

If you've been online for less than 3 months, you've necessarily rushed through content (If you've been here more than 3 months, I don't consider that "recently started playing ESO...") I would suggest going through all those regions again to find out what you missed... maybe try to collect all the skyshards in a region and discover all the icons on that part of the map... Consider actually reading the lorebooks or listening to the voice-acted dialogue.... If you've done all this, and you still "recently started playing ESO" I'd suggest going outside... 18 hours a day in front of a computer can't be healthy...
    Edited by Sting864 on May 11, 2018 3:20AM
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sting864 wrote: »

If you've been online for less than 3 months, you've necessarily rushed through content (If you've been here more than 3 months, I don't consider that "recently started playing ESO...") I would suggest going through all those regions again to find out what you missed... maybe try to collect all the skyshards in a region and discover all the icons on that part of the map... Consider actually reading the lorebooks or listening to the voice-acted dialogue.... If you've done all this, and you still "recently started playing ESO" I'd suggest going outside... 18 hours a day in front of a computer can't be healthy...

Took me 6 months to do every quest, literally, I only started to skip dialogue after the main quest and my alliance quests.
    I did TG, DB and wrothgar in that time too.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo the normal dungeons. There are quests in them that are WAY better solo. You're at the right point in the game to do it. Just walk in to Fungal Grotto 1 and see how it goes. I got lit up the first time I tried it. Then I worked on my build, went back and cleared it.

The dlc dungeons and story II dungeons are at another level. And there are some that cant be soloed because of mechanics. But don't bail before checking out the ones that really seem like they should be solo content to begin with.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hire and train another 14 apprentices

Furnish a castle

Open a tavern

Start a theatre company

Establish a crime college

Build a temple

Throw parties

Go fishing

So reads the book of Claws yes ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Lunatic_Dizzy
    Lunatic_Dizzy
    ✭✭✭
    Man, you rushed through. I've been playing for little over a year. And have only completed the Wrothgar, Morrowind, and Clockwork DLC. I've finished the TG main quest line, but not the ones where you help the other members with personal stuff. I've done all pub dungeons and delves, all normal, non-DLC group dungeons (1 and 2). All zones for my DC sorcerer main. The main parts of Cod's silver and none of gold. No PvP really. And have done all holiday events, but the PvP one. Found all Skyshards, but the ones in Cyro. And with just that stuff I'm CP six hundred and eighty something.

Edited by Lunatic_Dizzy on May 11, 2018 8:54AM
    XB1 / NA
    Lunatic Dizzy (Breton Mag Sorc DPS) *Main
    Lilith the Gilded Flame (Dunmer Mag DK DPS)
    Varissa the Black Widow (Dunmer Mag NB DPS)
    Soraya the Midnight Blade (Khajiit Stam NB DPS)
    Heals-with-the-Heavens (Argonian Templar Healer)
    Scales-of-Stonework (Argonian DK Tank)
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try out all new games, and please alert me as soon as you find a better MMO, so that I too can move on to something more polished:-D
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you bought an MMO hoping to be sustained by only solo content. Do you not understand what an MMO is?

I guess if you wanted to try to stay solo, you could try to solo normal dungeons. There are a handful of them that have some kind of mechanic that will prevent you from soloing them, but most of them can be done alone by a skilled enough player.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would make more characters if you only have one. I never get sick of my magBlade but can recommend anything. I like all classes and combinations.

Also maybe open up for the idea of playing content with others? There are some fun dungeons and they also drop some good gear.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Craft, farm , trade,
    learn the arts of horse riding & loading screens (PvP)
    if running dungeons does not interest you
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely, no way you have done ALL of that and are only at CP300. So, your entire little story there is unbelievable. Nice try on the troll, though.
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    you say are are done, but what does your Achievements say. Under Quests and Exploration are both FULL bars ?
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am Hero in all three alliances, I am Master Explorer in all three alliances, including Coldhabour, I’ve done every Delve except in Cyrodiil. I’ve completed Mage guild and Fighters guild, Dark Brotherhood and Theives guild, completed Wrothgar. Been a vampire. I have over 60 skill points not being used. I’m Maelstrom Arena Champ. Master Relic hunter and Precursor Maker. Literally done every solo quest I can find. Quest I have not done are in Cyrodiil, group dungeons, veteren content, fishing and any crafting quest. I am level 50 in crafting and waiting for my research task to complete so I can research this nirnhoned stuff I have. Yes, I play hours back to back. Sometimes up to 15 hours a day. I started 3 other toons in ESO so maybe I’ll work on them. I also play another mmo daily and have 8 toons on that game. So no, not my first mmo. Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands. Yes, I rarely sleep but it’s not because of video games sadly. Yes, I do go outside. It’s hot as blazes right now. Thank you all for the suggestions.
  • Zymcio
    Zymcio
    ✭✭✭
    Hello

Ofc it is possible i done all quest around 350 CP (i did cuz of that boost exp from events) now i am near 450 CP... Now what i am doing is just playing with guild. Daily vetDungs for keys , crafting and some normal trials runs for fun.

Still there is much to do like kill all world bosses and do all vet dungs / trials with speed run , no deaths , hardmode ;) but the more i play the less atractive it is.

In ESO i just gived to myself some goals to do. When all goals are finished it is GG for game like others.

In short u need to find your own goal.

• Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can relate somewhat. I started out preferring to play solo. I have several characters at max skill and crafting levels (CP 824). Each time I build a new character I feel like I'd rather poke a stick in my eye than have go through the mindless grind of leveling another. I can't even bear the torture of reading quest dialog for the umpteenth time. Grinding for crafting mats eventually makes me feel like beating my head against the wall, though I do it for legendary tempers (which I think is a huge load of annoying crap, but unlikely to ever change). I curse the developers who think that mindless, annoying, and soul-less grinding for anything has an iota of entertainment value.

But still I love to play and endure the downsides. I do so because I think the conception of the vast array and interplay of builds, gear, attributes, skills, balanced with your own abilities, is brilliant. There are plenty of advanced content to challenge anyone. But the key to that is, you need to play with others. It wasn't until I found a good guild that the game really opened up in that respect. Solo content will eventually robotize anyone. Group content, however, is fluid and challenging. So take it for what it's worth.
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I apologize for a late reply, again. I’ve started playing on a new character waiting for the latest update. (Happening now) I also kinda left the game for a while to play some others. Took part in a couple beta test for other games as well as played and finished a recent release for PS4. There is an update coming for the other mmo I play and one of the beta test I did is for a last gen game coming for PS4. E3 is coming up this weekend. I’m really trying hard to stay motivated to play eso so maybe this Summerset release will be that motivation. Thanks again for replying.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll thread - no way you can get through all the base game and DLCs in 3 months, let alone still only be CP300
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just completed all of the quest in Summerset. Completed the Psijic skill line all world bosses and geysers, delves and both Public dungeons. All that’s left is Cloudrest but I don’t play group content. I am now CP342. I’ve completed all 3 alliances and got the kettle head gear from Cadwell. I’ve completed every solo quest available in Vvardenfell, Coldharbour, Clockwork City including delves and Public dungeons. The only thing I haven’t done are the delves and dolmens in Cyrodell. I don’t like pvp. I played long enough to unlock Caltrops and I never returned. Oh, and I’m a vampire again since I could never find a werewolf. Even completed the Thieves guild and Dark brotherhood. So yes, it’s possible. Being part of the dark brotherhood helps. You know, sneak past enemies instead of fighting them? Calling this a troll is like calling me a liar. Which I am not.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going off what you have said, I think your next move might have to be to group up.
    If you can find 3 other people who have a similar play-style, you can take on group dungeons and even vDSA.
    I know it's a huge jump from solo to group-play, but at this stage I think that might be your only / best option.

Cyrodiil does have some pve quests, if you can find a quiet campaign where you can pve in relative peace.
    Also the Imperial City has a full, and quite enjoyable questline to do - if you have that DLC ofc.

As mentioned, you could start on housing, if that interests you at all.
    Having done all of the overland content, you'll have access to every achievement furnishing in game which is pretty cool.
    And I'll assume that you have quite a bit of cash after all those quest rewards :)
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. I have purchased a few apartments. I spent some gold on an armor set that was helpful for a while (Morag Tong, wasn’t going back into pvp to figure out how to obtain it) but then later learned I liked the Unfathomable Darkness set better. So not much gold left. Additionally, I break down pretty much everything I get that I’m not going to use for myself or another toon. I did recently find out that one of my real life friends has been playing ESO so pretty sure I’m going to be exploring group content.

I think the reason I’m so low of a CP for having completed so much of the game is because I was abusing stealth. Instead of fighting enemies I was sneaking past them most of the game. Now, I’m just trying to fight everything. I’ve also started trying to look at other achievements that I haven't obtained like fishing. So tedious. I recently caught that a new zone will be coming 4th quarter. So maybe by then I’ll be a lot higher in CP.
    Edited by Avoranti on June 19, 2018 9:53AM