Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please help me understand

SunshineBob
SunshineBob
Soul Shriven
Hello I recently started playing and now I am level 50 and going through the champion levels. There's one thing I don't understand. Why do I need to have 1 piece heavy and 1 piece medium? I am a magicka sorcerer, high elf. I get that heavy piece gets me 2% more health but isn't 2 piece other light set is better for me? I could get spell critical or extra magicka or magicka recovery. But all builds I've ever seen has 1 piece heavy and 1 piece medium. And medium all the builds don't have any skills on medium armor as well. So am I missing something here?
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a passive from the Undaunted skill line that increases max stats for having your armour weight like that :)
  • SunshineBob
    SunshineBob
    Soul Shriven
    There is a passive from the Undaunted skill line that increases max stats for having your armour weight like that :)

I see and is that worth more than having an extra set like for instance max magicka or spell crit or spell damage?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the build. If this is your very first character, I'd be inclined to say go with 5 light and 2 heavy for the extra defense and health you'll get from the 2 heavy pieces. This will be especially useful with low champion points as you'll be lighter on health than someone with a few hundred already.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to the Undaunted passive, I always level a character wearing at least one piece of the armor types they won't use. That way if I suddenly decide later make them wear a different type of armor they dont have to level it up from scratch, like if I make my medium armor wearing stam sorc a tank for an event and they need to wear heavy armor.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, there are a few passives in the other armor lines, too, that give you a bonus for wearing even one piece, those are nice to have. And none of the passives require that you have all 7 the same, so I like to branch out and get those other passives as well.
  • SunshineBob
    SunshineBob
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks guys! :)