Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown crates & disconnects

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Earlier I was opening the crown crate I got from the login rewards and the computer froze just as the cards were revealed. It sorted itself out and I didn't actually disconnect but it made me wonder what happens if you do disconnect during the process? Specifically if you've 'opened' the crate so the cards are on screen but not turned them over?

When you log back in do you just have the crate back and unused? Or does it skip straight to the cards when you go back into the menu? (I assume you wouldn't just lose the crate, considering this is an item people pay real money for there must be a system in place to prevent that.)

But if it's the first one - if you get the crate back and have to open it again and get a new set of cards - couldn't someone hypothetically keep 'rerolling' the same crate (if they could somehow trigger a disconnect at the right time) until they get higher tier cards? Of course you still wouldn't know what the items are, but you'd know if you had any higher tier cards.
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DC'ed during a crate one time. The cards were dealt but I disconnected before I was able to flip any over to reveal them. I had the items in my inventory when I logged back in. I think the crate is "opened" as soon as you click the button to open it. If you DC before that, the button simply won't register and if you DC after that, you get the items automatically. I suppose there may be a small window where you lose the crate completely but I doubt there is any legit way to essentially reopen the crate during a disconnect as that could be exploited.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd always assumed the items were only finalised when you flipped the cards over because if you get any duplicates your gem total doesn't go up until then, but I guess that's just part of the animation for the reveal process.

It's good to know you can't actually lose anything due to disconnecting however.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • RogueShade
    RogueShade
    ✭✭✭
    If you pay attention as the cards are dealt they flash with a color corresponding to the item tier so they’re already determined.
  • Yigrok
    Yigrok
    ✭✭✭
    The moment you click on that crate, your fate is already dealt... The animation is there just as an added extra tension, your items were already given to you, so nothing you can do.