The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

To The Hate Whisper/Ignore Crowd

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Tell me how you do it. It happens so fast. The whisper comes in, I type a quick sentence back and already ignored. Then I’m removed from ignore and get a second whisper, I go to type back but I’m already ignored. The it happens a third time! Someone has gone through the trouble of adding and removing me three times just so they can say I’m trash or some such. But seriously how do you do it so fast? Are you on a mission, like ready set type ignore? Is it a macro? CE hate whisper? And you’re aware that the only thing hate whispering and then ignoring accomplishes is making you look like a pansy who obviously doesn’t have the spine to back anything up? Please enlighten me to this process. I’ve defintiely ignored people, but have never, ever done the hate whisper ignore immediately.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can still whisper people on your ignore list
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The way I see it is, if I'm not getting hate whispers from scrubs in Cyrodiil, then I'm not doing my job. o:)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you reply? They are really not worth the effort.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I get a hate tell I just laugh but sometimes I know they are just having a bad day so I try helping them out. There was one EP player who sent me multiple hate tells while I was fighting on DC with my buddies. I thought they needed something to cheer them up so I sent them some tri pots and immovability potions and said I hope you have a better day. Havent received a message from them since.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I get a hate tell I just laugh but sometimes I know they are just having a bad day so I try helping them out. There was one EP player who sent me multiple hate tells while I was fighting on DC with my buddies. I thought they needed something to cheer them up so I sent them some tri pots and immovability potions and said I hope you have a better day. Havent received a message from them since.

Haha! Now everyone's gonna sent you hate tells.. Free Pots Here!!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to put those players on ignore and forget they exist. They're incapable of gaming without bothering other players, so let the ignore tool assist them.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6onwmCq.png

Dude was balls deep in a herd of argonian pocket healers and I kept killing him from the keep wall... atleast 4-5 times. Then I get this. I was laughing so hard the entire time.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you are not on their ignore list, they just have themselves set to off line.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I get hate tells and I'm mot on ignore yet, I just put the lyrics of "you are beautiful" by Christina Aguilera

I am beautiful
    No matter what they say
    Words can't bring me down
    I am beautiful
    In every single way
    Yes words can't bring me down
    Oh no
    So don't you bring me down today

Separate texts of course
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    When I get hate tells and I'm mot on ignore yet, I just put the lyrics of "you are beautiful" by Christina Aguilera

I am beautiful
    No matter what they say
    I am beautiful
    In every single way
    Oh no

Separate texts of course

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eAfyFTzZDMM

I've been singing this to people since 2007 .
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

I am beautiful
    No matter what they say
    I am beautiful
    In every single way
    Oh no

Separate texts of course

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eAfyFTzZDMM

I've been singing this to people since 2007 .

Lol ikr, it's probably the best thing to ever send someone if they are being mean to you. Such a good song, and this is coming from a married man lol.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

Lol wut? So they can sit there and mouth off and I can’t even say anything back? That’s no fun.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    BohnT wrote: »

Lol wut? So they can sit there and mouth off and I can’t even say anything back? That’s no fun.

Just put them in ignore if you can't stand it or laugh at how pathetic they are screaming insults behind their ignore wall
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Set yourself to offline.
    Disable /zone from chat window.
    Enjoy.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get hate whispers once a week. Few on a good day. Wvw is much funnier when someone sends you angry whispers. Then you can answer them something complely insane like "Yes i farm rice in your head.". Usually they go ballistic and continue to send you more messages. When you do not get mad to them or try to give them any credit or so much wanted answers...well that is just winning :D
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best kinds of people. If only their combat prowess matched their bruised egos...
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    They don't have you on ignore they are playing in offline mode, they can send whispers but they can't recurve them
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably offline mode

Seems hate tell is all they have going on in their lives

I put then on my ignore list and keep going

If you want to focus players from your ignore list when u battle there is an addon called toxicplayers that gives you visual hint on whether the player in your crosshair is on your friendlist or ignorelist
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

Haha! Now everyone's gonna sent you hate tells.. Free Pots Here!!

If I think they've had a rough day then maybe :)
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Tell me how you do it. It happens so fast. The whisper comes in, I type a quick sentence back and already ignored. Then I’m removed from ignore and get a second whisper, I go to type back but I’m already ignored. The it happens a third time! Someone has gone through the trouble of adding and removing me three times just so they can say I’m trash or some such. But seriously how do you do it so fast? Are you on a mission, like ready set type ignore? Is it a macro? CE hate whisper? And you’re aware that the only thing hate whispering and then ignoring accomplishes is making you look like a pansy who obviously doesn’t have the spine to back anything up? Please enlighten me to this process. I’ve defintiely ignored people, but have never, ever done the hate whisper ignore immediately.

If it says no such “username” then they whispered you in offline mode