The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

No jewelry hireling skill????

zackclpreub18_ESO
zackclpreub18_ESO
Soul Shriven
Grrr, lazy writers.

Besides the boon of extra crafting components, the exploits of my hirelings are some of my favorite storytelling in ESO. Madam Firilanya forever!
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grrr, lazy writers.

Besides the boon of extra crafting components, the exploits of my hirelings are some of my favorite storytelling in ESO. Madam Firilanya forever!

It sucks, I know. However, I recommend reading the survey reports, they are done in text rather than map drawings.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • acampbell
    acampbell
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see a Jewelry Crafting hireling skill. Though, with that said, at the current time, I don't want to waste too many of my skill points in the skill tree, since it's barely useful with all the mats you need to craft anything decent...
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little surprised there aren't hirelings for jewelry mats, but honestly, I just want new hirelings in general. I've been reading the same 'farewell, I'm off to other things' mails from my hirelings for months. I had hoped that with Summerset there would be some new ones along with one for jewelry, but nope.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes ZOS I would like to know why there is no Jewelry Hirelings. All the other crafting skill lines Blacksmith, Clothing, Woodworking, Enchanting, Provisioning and Alchemy have hirelings. Now make sure you do not comment on this tread like so many others you remain silent on.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already answered that, essentially, when they also explained why upgrade matts were as they are.

Basically they did not want to have a jewelry hireling.

BTW, your comment is factually incorrect. We do not have an Alchemy hireling, not exactly. You can consider the DB NPC that gives some potions or matts once a day a hireling, but it really is not.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    Yes ZOS I would like to know why there is no Jewelry Hirelings. All the other crafting skill lines Blacksmith, Clothing, Woodworking, Enchanting, Provisioning and Alchemy have hirelings. Now make sure you do not comment on this tread like so many others you remain silent on.

alchemy has no hireling.
  • DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭
    @idk

" You can consider the DB NPC that gives some potions or matts once a day a hireling, but it really is not."

Who and where is this NPC you are speaking of?
    Ra'avi Ahjonihr Khajit Stamblade, Level 1500Master ThiefCrafter and ExplorerHero of the Dominion, Pact, and CovenantMember of the DragonguardFriend to Razum-darFavored of Azura
    'It does not matter to M'aiq how strong or smart one is. It only matters what one can do.' -M'aiq the Liar
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

" You can consider the DB NPC that gives some potions or matts once a day a hireling, but it really is not."

Unlock the passive and you will find "remains silent" in every outlaw refuge.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

@DawnsLight65 @sudaki_eso

Obviously one can consider that to be a hireling, but it clearly is not.

If you are wanting them to require access to a specific DLC in the future that will have a passive to unlock such an NPC then maybe we can ask Zos to consider that vs the hireling.
  • DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭
    @sudaki_eso which passive? The fencing limit one?
    Ra'avi Ahjonihr Khajit Stamblade, Level 1500Master ThiefCrafter and ExplorerHero of the Dominion, Pact, and CovenantMember of the DragonguardFriend to Razum-darFavored of Azura
    'It does not matter to M'aiq how strong or smart one is. It only matters what one can do.' -M'aiq the Liar
  • YarYar
    YarYar
    ✭✭
    @sudaki_eso which passive? The fencing limit one?

It's in the dark brotherhood skill line; shadowy supplier. Once a day you can a pick a category to get random items from. One of those categories is poison components if I remember right.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭

alchemy has no hireling.

Alchemy doesn't need a hireling. Those mats are far too easy to get. Jewelry on the other hand is a pain and mats are already rare enough.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

alchemy has no hireling.

Alchemy doesn't need a hireling. Those mats are far too easy to get. Jewelry on the other hand is a pain and mats are already rare enough.

i don't know what platform or server you are playing on but where i play jewellery mats are common, easy to find.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Grrr, lazy writers.

It sucks, I know. However, I recommend reading the survey reports, they are done in text rather than map drawings.

Just a follow-up, turns out the jewelry surveyor is an Argonian from Shadowfen who loves beautiful vistas and has a deep hatred of mudcrabs.

Also, low level writs are easy, profitable and a great source of surveys which are quickly building up my store of mats.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that would make JC in any way less of a grind is not available.

Look at the following:
    Dilution of rewards for daily writs having soul gems in the drops.
    Crafting requirements greater than rewards for all daily writs.
    Master writs just plain silly cost to make vs rewards --- writ requiring an epic ring of swiftness. Voucher value = 8 while The ONLY place you can get a swift trait stone is the Master Crafting Vendor cost = 20 vouchers.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

alchemy has no hireling.

i don't know what platform or server you are playing on but where i play jewellery mats are common, easy to find.

@jedtb16_ESO

Pretty much they are speaking of the upgrade materials for jewelry which are 1/10 as common as they are for Wood, metal and clothing upgrading on all 6 servers since they are they upgrade materials that are refined by combining 10 of their more raw counterpart.