The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

House as showroom / exhibits --- Advice ?

xericdx
xericdx
✭✭✭
Hello!

I am trying to decide which house to buy to have a "expo" place for the housing guild I am making. The idea is to have a place to showcase many pieces of furniture. Guildes can use it to: get ideas on available items and how they look in game (size, etc); choose items they want to buy with moeny going to the Guild for events&stuff; choose prizes after winning X event.

First question is: do you think it could be a good idea? Is anyone doing something similar who can give advice?

Second question: which house would be best for it? I would not take a house with less than 400slots (ESO+ included). However, not sure if I need a 600slots one. Definitely not going to pay for a Manor but might be able to afford one of the other 2 options.

My first option would have been ColdHabour Real Estate. Large space that I can model how I want. However, that is going to be my next project and cannot have 2!
I was thinking about the following options (with price in gold):

_Large houses_
Hunding's Palatial Hall. The patio at the front, the ground floor, even the backyard, all look very good places to me for exhibits. (1,295,000)
Stay-Mosty Mansion: nice outside and great round internal room. (760,000)
Amaya Lake Lodge. I like the place but seems a it too "special" and too compartametalized for what I have in mind (1,300,000)

_Medium houses_
Mournoth Keep. Would have been good but have it already and like it as it is ... Not an option :smile:
House of the Silent Magnifico. Cannot avoid thinking of it as the small version of Hunding. Still like the internal patio on 2 floors for expo. Despite the small terrace upstairs, I am afraid I might missing a good area for "outdoor" furnishing. (320,000)
Domus Phrasticus. Nothing special but does not seem like a bad balance inside/outside. (295,000)
Bouldertree Refuge. I can easily see building some cheap platform outside for the exibit. Could be nice...and also the cheapest. (190.000)

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Characters
Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
PC EU
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    That seems a lovely idea to me, assuming you have a robust enough guild to get good foot traffic through the showcase.

Hundings does offer a lot as you say. Plus it has good light outside (I'm a sucker for natural sunlight). Since the Princely Dawnlight is gone, that could well be the best. Of course, I'm also a sucker for Redguard architecture. But Hundings has a lot of outdoor room to set up garden exhibits, and inside has a spacious atrium with lots of open room upstairs as well to do IKEA style furniture clusters.

I'd think you'd want a good mix of indoor and outdoor, with some compartmentalization and ideally a variety of lightings since some of your guildies may be into the dark and gloomy looks. Perhaps you can simulate that with the various hued lighting crystals and have a blue area inside, a red area across the room, purple upstairs ... :D
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my guilds is doing this and it's pretty sweet. They're using Mathiisen Manor in Auridon and it has enough room and each area is themed (as best they can do with what they have). I think the trick is to find a spot for everything available without making it look cluttered. I say do it!
  • thirdgirl
    thirdgirl
    ✭✭
    My housing guild does this with Pariah's Pinnacle, and the GM does an amazing job with it. There's a lot of furniture to show, though, and a lot of fun things you can do to show it off, so you might not want to limit yourself to 600 slots. I would say the bigger the better, but whatever you decide, it's a great idea, and really helpful to see what things look like.

One thing to consider is whether you can build up and out into air space/water space. You'll get a lot more out of it if you can. Also, if you plan on showcasing luxury furnishings, you will definitely appreciate as much space as possible because some of those can be quite large.