The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dont nerf Sloads, but nerf it?

ItsNebula
ItsNebula
✭✭✭✭✭
"Oh wow, i lost a duel against sloads" "Broken set" "No skill" "Cheese set"

I think we heard we heard all of the excuses why people lost to Sloads in a duel. 6 tics, 5.8k dmg. Oblivion damage.
To me, its not that much at all, in a duel. If you cant out heal 5.8k damage over 6 seconds, idk what to tell you.

HOWEVER; Sloads in open world needs to be nerfed, its not good at all in a 1v1, unless its to finish that NB's who rely on hiding in cloak until they can heal up, or finishing off those ward spamming sorcs. Sloads, ive seen only be good, when theyre multiple stacks of it on you.

ZOS needs to nerf Sloads, by making it to where it can not stack with other sloads procs. Hell, theyre nerfing it by ONE second... ONE, thats a joke, itll still stack on you, which is where the broken/op part of it comes from. In duels, sloads is just a set to give people who cant out heal 5.8k damage over 6seconds, another excuse.

Ive fought people with sloads on my NB and Sorc, and all it made me do was rethink my build, and run something a little further away from meta. My NB runs dark cloak now for the extra heal, heavy armor, with 26k HP, 35k stam, 10k mag and fully buffed somewhere either in the high 3k's wep damage or very low 4k's wep damage. NB's cried about not having enough healing, Dark Cloak gives healing now. But now they cry about not being able to cloak when its on them. (L2P) My sorc now runs twilight as well for the extra heal (And kite), on top of surge and mutagen for heals.

Again, personally, only nerf i think sloads needs it to where it cant stack with other sloads, thats where to me, i think its only broken at. All other cases, just fix your build lmao. Ive seen PLENTY of good players have no problem fighting against sloads in a 1v1... hell, my magDK runs sloads, but if i run Axiom, ill just get more damage, but i love having that little extra pressure on NB's and Sorcs at low HP.

:)

• Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it magic damage or another type of damage that can be mitigated.
    Invictus
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s extremely strong 1v1. It is the highest DPS 5 piece in the game.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, sets shouldn't be proc'ing damage in PvP, period.

And when you're saying it's fine in duels, I'm assuming that's max-CP vs Sload's, and sure maybe that's fine. It's a different story in BGs, though, where all sorts of stats and modifiers are much lower. Depending on upgrade level of the Sload's gear being used, it's virtually always either 5,971 or 5,768 damage over 6 seconds (remember, the initial application counts as a tick, so the total is 7, not 6). Considering the typical hit point levels in Battlegrounds, we're talking > 25% of a player's health, every 6 seconds, on top of all other damage being dealt, and it goes right through all defenses except cleansing (which, depending on situation, can be much easier said than done). And all this is on a set that has good bonuses for 2-4 pieces; it's not like you're dealing with junk just to get that overpowered 5 piece.

What other damage set can compare right now? There's a reason so many people are wearing it, and it's not simply because it's new and shiny; Summerset has been available for just a few days shy of a month on PC, and there are more people wearing it now than there was on day 1.

But yes, having it stack is a huge problem as well. Nerfing that aspect of it might prevent some of the super-cheese premades from having 3-4 people all running the set, at least. You'd probably still see it quite a lot among solo queued players, and it'd still be a damage proc set with too much unavoidable damage that can't be mitigated, and thus bad for PvP.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If sloads doesn't stack, it might as well be deleted. I don't even use the set, but from what I've seen it's a completely worthless set unless its stacked. I'm saying that as someone who has played nearly every spec against it. If anything, they should adjust either the proc condition, the cooldown, or both.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where’s @King_Thelon with the crutch
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you people ever get bored of talking about the same thing over and over no?
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just fix it. Console players have had enough time cheesing too now.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the highest dps set in a 1v1 in the game wut.

Also its 7 ticks not 6.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • dassneakereb17_ESO
    dassneakereb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    oh look another unskilled sloads abuser that is afraid of nerf, because he will drop back to trash tier pvper without his precious set
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh look another unskilled sloads abuser that is afraid of nerf, because he will drop back to trash tier pvper without his precious set

Lol, i only run sloads to keep pressure, if i swich back to Axiom ill just hit even harder, just wont have that nice 6k tic through shield stackers. Might wanna read the whole thing next time, kiddo
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ItsNebula wrote: »

Lol, i only run sloads to keep pressure, if i swich back to Axiom ill just hit even harder, just wont have that nice 6k tic through shield stackers. Might wanna read the whole thing next time, kiddo

You run it because it provides more overall dmg than axiom. For any build that is not 100% burstdmg sload is the biggest dps increase possible to gain from a 5p set - even in a 1v1 situation.
    So - yeah you might see bigger numbers. Your overall dps will decrease.
    Nice strawman argument you´re making there.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6k unmitigable damage that can have almost 100% uptime isn't OP at all yeah. Nice try.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do people always come up with the extremely dumb line of "if you can't outheal sloads then you are bad"? Don't they realize that normally we are taking similar overall damage from multiple dots combined, but that that damage can actually be mitigated, shielded, etc? Do they fail to realize that sloads is the same damage from those other dots combined, yet unmitigatable and with nearly 100% uptime? Don't they realize that with major defile everywhere, all of your heals are busy outhealing dot pressure with sloads on top, meaning any well timed burst on top of that means RIP?

Really guys you can't look at sloads damage in a vacuum. The damage and unavoidable pressure it puts on you is what you would normally feel from multiple dots and attacks combined. It is a complete abomination in terms of balance. Please.. just go home with your simplistic bias filled logic.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    Why do people always come up with the extremely dumb line of "if you can't outheal sloads then you are bad"? Don't they realize that normally we are taking similar overall damage from multiple dots combined, but that that damage can actually be mitigated, shielded, etc? Do they fail to realize that sloads is the same damage from those other dots combined, yet unmitigatable and with nearly 100% uptime? Don't they realize that with major defile everywhere, all of your heals are busy outhealing dot pressure with sloads on top, meaning any well timed burst on top of that means RIP?

Really guys you can't look at sloads damage in a vacuum. The damage and unavoidable pressure it puts on you is what you would normally feel from multiple dots and attacks combined. It is a complete abomination in terms of balance. Please.. just go home with your simplistic bias filled logic.

Thank you. Ofc sload itself can be outhealed if its only sloads. But there is more damage from the skills that cant be outhealed then.

For example in nocp my vigor ticks for 1k with major mending on stamdk. Put defile on it and i sit at max 800 vigor tick. Put sloads on me and i have 0 healing cause my vigor gets eaten by sloads Leaving me with nothing to outheal other incoming damage. Is this balance?
    Edited by Gnozo on June 29, 2018 7:01AM
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »

Thank you. Ofc sload itself can be outhealed if its only sloads. But there is more damage from the skills that cant be outhealed then.

For example in nocp my vigor ticks for 1k with major mending on stamdk. Put defile on it and i sit at max 800 vigor tick. Put sloads on me and i have 0 healing cause my vigor gets eaten by sloads Leaving me with nothing to outheal other incoming damage. Is this balance?

Which is why they need to make sloads where it cant stack more than twice. Ive never struggled against a sloads player, and hell, when i die after a Xv1 for a good few minutes of kiting and sustaing, and check recap, theyre 2-3 different sets of slaods with 3+ tics on me, yet i was able to solo sustain and live through all that damage. On a MagSorc, 15k HP in PvP. (Then again, im better than what people call the "average" player)

Personally, it sounds like a L2P issue. Only time ive struggled against sloads and notificed it, is when theyre are manyyy stacks of it on me. 2 stacks and maybe a 2-3 second cooldown is all thats needed for a nerf.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Which is why they need to make sloads where it cant stack more than twice. Ive never struggled against a sloads player, and hell, when i die after a Xv1 for a good few minutes of kiting and sustaing, and check recap, theyre 2-3 different sets of slaods with 3+ tics on me, yet i was able to solo sustain and live through all that damage. On a MagSorc, 15k HP in PvP. (Then again, im better than what people call the "average" player)

Personally, it sounds like a L2P issue. Only time ive struggled against sloads and notificed it, is when theyre are manyyy stacks of it on me. 2 stacks and maybe a 2-3 second cooldown is all thats needed for a nerf.

You’ve never struggled against a sloads user? I’m sure we can arrange to have that claim tested and amended. Bring any class of your choosing. Bring that 15k health Mag sorc if you really wanna prove your point of how it’s a l2p issue ;)

I’m fairly certain you are PC NA. Definitely seen that @name chase me down and Xv1 me recently. Hit me up in game and prove us wrong. Show us how someone who is better than what people call the “average” player outplays a meta sloads build.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sloads is broken and should be adjusted. But it's the only 5p set which can compete with Overwhelming Surge in terms of damage and is available for stamina toons, so Surge should get adjusted too or do not adjust Sloads either...
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is broken and should be adjusted. But it's the only 5p set which can compete with Overwhelming Surge in terms of damage and is available for stamina toons, so Surge should get adjusted too or do not adjust Sloads either...

wtb 36m overwhelming surge hitting the target i want it to hit and proccing itself :neutral:

oh wait.

overwhelming is a niche vaible dueling/solo open world set compared to sload which is arguably bis for basically any build.
    <Noricum>

• Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »

Its more or less morr easy to deal with sloads on a magicka sorc cause with shields you can take care about the other incoming damage.

My vigor gets eaten by sloads and leaving me with 0 counter to other incoming damage. Is this l2p?
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not do PvP and therefor do not share the problem that many of you have.

Is Sload's any good for PvE?

If it is, I might just craft a set and join the Sload's Semblance fan-club. o:)

A couple of Infused rings might be nice too. :D

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

wtb 36m overwhelming surge hitting the target i want it to hit and proccing itself :neutral:

oh wait.

overwhelming is a niche vaible dueling/solo open world set compared to sload which is arguably bis for basically any build.

Wtb a procset which procs concussion and procs Skoria :p

For my playstyle there is zero difference if my opponent wears Sloads or Surge, both are dumb to deal with.
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on June 29, 2018 12:42PM
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tai-Chi wrote: »
    I do not do PvP and therefor do not share the problem that many of you have.

Is Sload's any good for PvE?

If it is, I might just craft a set and join the Sload's Semblance fan-club. o:)

A couple of Infused rings might be nice too. :D

Sload's is probably one of the worst damage sets you could use in PvE. What makes it problematic in PvP is that it does Oblivion damage which is not cut in half by battle spirit and not mitigated by block, resiostances, or damage shields.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oh wait.

For my playstyle there is zero difference if my opponent wears Sloads or Surge, both are dumb to deal with.

Atleast surge allows you to play around it - imo there´s other stuff way more "op" than overwhelming.
    <Noricum>

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

oh wait.

Atleast surge allows you to play around it - imo there´s other stuff way more "op" than overwhelming.

Yeah, it allows you to "play around" if you are playing 10 times better than your opponent who can still kill you by rolling his head over the keyboard. Would you defend it as well if it would shred through your defense as well? I don't think so, since you don't defend shieldbreaker as well, even tho it's only good vs 1 class instead of being good versus everything (just play around shieldbreaker spammers with defile on you by spamming Healing Springs and running around a rock :trollface: ).
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oh wait.

Yeah, it allows you to "play around" if you are playing 10 times better than your opponent who can still kill you by rolling his head over the keyboard. Would you defend it as well if it would shred through your defense as well? I don't think so, since you don't defend shieldbreaker as well, even tho it's only good vs 1 class instead of being good versus everything (just play around shieldbreaker spammers with defile on you by spamming Healing Springs and running around a rock :trollface: ).

Defense? What defense?

I play around sload by killing a sload user long before it procs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »

You’ve never struggled against a sloads user? I’m sure we can arrange to have that claim tested and amended. Bring any class of your choosing. Bring that 15k health Mag sorc if you really wanna prove your point of how it’s a l2p issue ;)

I’m fairly certain you are PC NA. Definitely seen that @name chase me down and Xv1 me recently. Hit me up in game and prove us wrong. Show us how someone who is better than what people call the “average” player outplays a meta sloads build.

Pretty large difference in 1vXing a bunch of bad players, being able to kite and juke, from 1v1ing a good player, where I’m forced to eat the damage lmao. Not to mention I’m not a dueler, I only duel to test builds lmfao.
  • Vitaely
    Vitaely
    ✭✭✭
    https://gyazo.com/eae1b21d203e205f8c555a3891ea3294

(5 items) When you deal damage with a Melee Attack, you deal an additional 6400 Poison damage over 4 seconds. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.
    (5 items) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

One of these sets does 2.9k dmg on a light armor player (with a pvp build). Supposedly less with medium or heavy armor.
    VIPER

The other set does 5971 damage to EVERYONE.
    SLOAD

Both of these sets can have 100% uptime on single target.

One of these sets requires you to come to melee range and risk your life doing so.
    VIPER

One of these sets you can apply in any situation using whatever ability or even light and heavy attacks.
    SLOADS

I will give you the answers to avoid any misunderstandings.

Can we just stop with the "But it is balanced" sload excrement(bs)?

All I want is this set to get the same Viper treatment, and be balanced around all 5-piece PROC sets.
    Edited by Vitaely on July 2, 2018 10:00PM
    Factotum | PC NA
    AD E'lurin sNB | Curufinwë Fëanor mDK | Anaïs Le Fey mSC | Fréyja mT | Nïenna mW
    EP E'lured sNB | Vanÿa sT | Caïssä mDK
    DC E'lwing mNB
    PVE Brýnhildur mDK | E'lectra sSC | Antígone sDK | Valkýrja mNB | Yølanda sW
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vitaely wrote: »
    https://gyazo.com/eae1b21d203e205f8c555a3891ea3294

(5 items) When you deal damage with a Melee Attack, you deal an additional 6400 Poison damage over 4 seconds. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.
    (5 items) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

One of these sets does 2.9k dmg on a light armor player (with a pvp build). Supposedly less with medium or heavy armor.
    VIPER

The other set does 5971 damage to EVERYONE.
    SLOAD

Both of these sets can have 100% uptime on single target.

One of these sets requires you to come to melee range and risk your life doing so.
    VIPER

One of these sets you can apply in any situation using whatever ability or even light and heavy attacks.
    SLOADS

I will give you the answers to avoid any misunderstandings.

Can we just stop with the "But it is balanced" sload excrement(bs)?

All I want is this set to get the same Viper treatment, and be balanced around all 5-piece PROC sets.

Viper treatment wouldnt be bad, but imo, if it can only stack once, or give it a 6 second (After its done all its damage) cool down, it wouldnt be bad at all